Stompy new tough stuff!

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
Back with a bang.

One finished track for your delectation, at the more trancy end of the stuff I do. Fairly fast, fairly hard and fairly floaty. I'll also mention that production values have been thoroughly overhauled again, and loads of work has gone into getting the kick and bass just 'right'.

Wow. I'm really selling this well hey! :ilol: :iredface: :ibiggrin: No wonder I haven't been signed to anyone lol

Well, I hope that you all enjoy the ride, the track is called SPUTNIK, and you can find it

>>>HERE<<<

Let me know what you think, any comments on production or track structuring skills etc always welcome :Smile3:

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
Excellent Work Mr Freaka.... as always....

The Hard work on the kick an the bass was well worth it.
Only checking it through some PC Speakers, but its begging to be turned right up, big time...
The combination of kick and bass is working well :Wink3:

Tracks like that deserve to go places.... :Smile3:

mr_faster

ecomingonecomingonstrong
Reaction score
having a listen now...
like the beepy bits at the start, good reverbs, nice bassline, not sure bout the horn line bit, but growing on me, good pattern, like the noise that comes in behind it, so far so good, maybe a little more small percussive fills needed? nice atmospherics :Smile3:
i do like those bleepy bits, nice goaesque break, get a beefy snare in there too to pump it up a little more, work that percussion! :Smile3:

well done, nice production, solid track, but maybe beef up the percussion, get a shaker in there for main 'driving' bits, i find that usually helps....

*thumbs up*

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
excellent, thx for the repsonse guys :Smile3: sorry for being so slow in response I only get online every so often these days, thx for positivity.

I'm thinking that there are a few problems with the rythym sections of the track int he cold light of day too, although my main concerns seem to be the interplay between the kick and bass and I'm thinking sidechain compression could be a good idea, and yes, maybe the ideas could use sharpening up in places, still as a tech demo of where my sound is at at the moment, I'm pretty pleased with it, it is easily by most pro sounding track yet. :iyes:

There is more stuff which sounds even fatter and loads more inspired/dark/psychedelic on the desk now, hopefully that'll be out and abouts around Christmas, and maybe its time to start putting out demos again. We shall see.

Again, thanks for checking out the track guys.

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
I'd say a good job well done......defo a Goaesq track but with a nice modern production.....I'm with Mr Faster on the bleeps :Smile3:

Adam Ephexis

Junior Members
Reaction score
that is an amazing tune!!!!

I love the way that the leads kinda 'creep' up on you - The whole atmosphere of the track is soo incredibly eerie. I love it.....

I agree with Mr. Faster about the percussion - I think that a little more could really make the tune rock..... Just like a little loop with a swing on it, and a tamb or something, and maybe a couple of f*cked up rising sounds or somethin......

Mix wise - Nice work man, the kick and the bass fit very nicely together, and they arent taking any power away form the leads, good frequency bed!!!

All round cracker - really good work!

Cheers

Adam

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
Yeah, as soon as I'm inspired about the track again, I'll out the final polish on it, thanks for the kind comments Adam - always nice to hear that people enjoy my tunes and eerie is exactly what I was heading for with this one, so I'm glad it worked.

I'll update as soon as I get the chance. :Smile3: