Sunrise Tunes

djchoppa

Real world? What's that?
Reaction score
You know the scene, outdoor party, beautiful landscape, fluffy people after a night of full on mischeviousness. You notice that it's starting to get light so you decide to go on a wandering adventure to find the best view for the rising sun..... hours pass...... you find a nice little spot in a glade overlooking the valley. The sky's becoming very colourful and you can still hear the music quite clearly. It's at this point you notice that everything is really really beautiful........ What tune do you want to hear at the sun rises?

:sun:

:shrooms: :Grin: :shrooms:

lurk

Stunning Cunt
Reaction score
prometheus process - clarity through deep fog is always a winner for me. especially if you can time the melody to kick in as the first ray of sun cuts through the trees.

:sun:

(edit: which i've never done, but have often wanted to do)

JohnM

blah blah blah
Reaction score
grokit23 said:
JohnM said:
Never heard a tune yet that beats "Age of Love"

Time to break out the zimmer frame of nostalgia :P

They dont make them like they used to etc ... I heard "Sugar Rush" by MWNN dug out at a free party in a forest the other year as the sun was twinkling through the leaves.. brilliant...

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Beast - Spawn :Wink3: Played this in India year before last. The people there had never heard this classic tune :sun:
Psychopod - Psychopod :Grin: PLayed this at my first outdoor party in the UK, near Ivor :tongue1:

lurk

Stunning Cunt
Reaction score
full_lotus said:
Beast - Spawn :Wink3: Played this in India year before last. The people there had never heard this classic tune :sun:
Psychopod - Psychopod :Grin: PLayed this at my first outdoor party in the UK, near Ivor :tongue1:

another corker :Smile3:

that compilation hasn't left my case since it was released, what was it, 7 years ago. nocturnal chainsaw kerfuffle is another one i still play out fairly regularly :Smile3:

Rave Dave

Paragonescia
Reaction score
I think the morning should kick-in with a bit of ambient techno.......
perhaps Aphex Twin's Heliosphan or Xtal?

Both from one of THE greatest and inspiring albums of all time, Selected Ambient Works vol. 1. I can't believe that was the 80s, its so timeless!
You have every right to disagree cos its not psy, but hey, lets have credit where its due!

:tongue1:

Blender Bender

Chew-Z anyone?
Reaction score
For the hour long period before the sun rises:

Late Flying Rhino

Old Spiral Trax (2000-01 era)

and generally hypnotic progressive/psychedelic.

If there are melodies they should be really subtle.

And the bassline has to be rolling.

Someone get me my zimmer frame... :grandad:

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
OOOD - Two Dawns Over Baleswar :sun: :shrooms: :peace:

Zaven

Time to prime..
Reaction score
:goodthre:

Intro - Braxe & Falke :trippn:

I mean, Shadow of the Beast rmx- The Logical Bombers. Obviously.

But you never heard it did'ya....

:no:

:wizard1:

JohnM

blah blah blah
Reaction score
djchoppa said:
Doof - Sunshrine :Wink3:

That is indeed a f*cking brilliant track..

Nick Doofs DJ choice at SDF a few years ago just after the sun had come up over the sea was "Two Fullmoons & a Trout" - which was one of those "momments"... i dare say everyone will have forgotten whatever disposable track was being played on the main stage at the same time...

(this seems to have turned into nostalgia fenzy...)

Noein

noemata
Reaction score
in Goa Gill we trust...

prob a set from the grandfather of psy trance GOa GilLL

with an average of 13hours set in open air parties/festivals in Greece he's the man 4 morning and night tunes...