Swooshees And build up FX

Missing-Link

looking forward
Reaction score
hi guys just a question,
bid rising swooshees and build up fx...they usualy apper side by side with big drum build ups... where can i find some? or better how do you make them ?

pleasseeeee help.... i have been through all my plugins and nothing there :Sad:

try getting a sample of an explosion, put a massive reverb on it, low cut it and whack a flanger on it. then bounce it down and reverse it. both the forward version and backward should be pretty useful. forward = big whoosh (try putting that instead of a crash), backwards = massive sucking sound(put just before drop)

hope thats helpful!

:Smile3:

"Laser charging" build ups are easy with a saw wave, a slow rising pitch envelope (low to high) and a bit of highpass filter.

(Add FM for extra madness... :Wink3: )

J.

"Laser charging" build ups are easy with a saw wave, a slow rising pitch envelope (low to high) and a bit of highpass filter.

exactly that except its a sine wave. envelope can go from high to low aswell depending on the kind of laser sound you want (yeaaa!!!) make the curve more convex or more concave. put an arp on it to simulate a laser barrage!

for other types of effects, most of them are built on analogue or virtual analogue synths. reFX vanguard is really suitable for this because its got a few special oscillator waveforms designed specifically for crazy effects (white noise, pink noise, r2d2 etc). get a good blippy sound from an r2d2 wave. modulate the oscillator pitch on the LFO to make it wobble violently. open the filter resonance quite wide and either gate it or arp to make it even crazier then filter or fade it in.

use the white noise waveform + long decay and release times on the envelope on low pass filter. middle to high resonance. very long reverb tail. you can make alot of airy, wooshing sounds, especially with the glide function on.

and yea if your synth has FM capabilities (nords and viruses do) then have fun cranking the FM up and tuning the oscillators out to make wild electronic screaming noises.

Wandering Kid said:
exactly that except its a sine wave. envelope can go from high to low aswell depending on the kind of laser sound you want (yeaaa!!!) make the curve more convex or more concave. put an arp on it to simulate a laser barrage!

IMO there's no 'precisely' correct way to do it - it depends entirely on your taste. :Smile3:

and yea if your synth has FM capabilities (nords and viruses do) then have fun cranking the FM up and tuning the oscillators out to make wild electronic screaming noises.

Synth1 also does it (rather well), and you can downlaod that for free!

J.

Personally I just recorded this UFO flying passed my house to get that nice futuristic doppler effect. WOrks every time. :smoke:

Exelent guys youw help works wounders i still have no tried th FM THING SUGGESTED BY Woudering kid...
i tried side chining my vanguard to my FM7 buit i need a bit of time to play im sure the results will be nice nice :lol:

All you need to do to have an endless amount of killer rises is 1 good vst synth and thats it.

Just draw out a long note I mean really long, in a low octave....and just bounce it so you'll alays have it there to use in siomething else....Then just do pitch automation get a heap of different rises together and see how they sound together....

What I most of the time do..

pick a vst with a good noise oscillator.. like Albino 2, Vanguard..

than automate your HP filter add a little reverb and flanger.. you can use whatever effect you want.. and become different kinds of swooshes. or fx.. If you just play one note for a long time

Back