Talamasca, made in trance, Mind Control Records

The Phonographist

www.lucidoxford.com
Reaction score
I went to see Talamasca at the Glade. Well I think it was him, according to the linup it was.

Bored the pants of me. Had to run away in search of some genuine psychedelia.

Did he play when he was supposed to or was I watching someone else thinking it was Talamasca?

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
He did start really late, can't remember exactly, maybe an hour late?!? so maybe it was someone else? :Wink3:

The Phonographist

www.lucidoxford.com
Reaction score
geoffwiffen said:
He did start really late, can't remember exactly, maybe an hour late?!? so maybe it was someone else? :Wink3:

Ah, that was probably it then.

Doesnt make it any easier on the guy b4 him though. :P

bez23

Adverse camber
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Dunno, y'know. I went to check out Talamasca at the Glade. I REALLY wanted to get into it. Honest I did. I thouhgt, '...well, he's here, and he's done some corkers in the past, and *he* looks like he's having a great time, and all these people in front of him look to be enjoying... what's wrong with me?' Some of the most boring old turd I heard all weekend. Lots of long slow deliveries that just fail to deliver. Or deliver for the last minute of the tune, then back to the start of another 8 minute tiresome slog-a-thon.
Didn't Talamasca used to be, like, psy royalty? All clattery 3D Vision bonkers? What happened? :sad:

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
bez23 said:
Lots of long slow deliveries that just fail to deliver. Or deliver for the last minute of the tune, then back to the start of another 8 minute tiresome slog-a-thon.
Didn't Talamasca used to be, like, psy royalty? All clattery 3D Vision bonkers? What happened? :sad:

my thoughts about talamasca exactly mate, particularly on the zodiac album! Have been impressed with some of his recent releases on comps (usually collaborations) so spured me to get 'made in trance' the jury's still out on it at the moment though, cant quite make up my mind about it. Now his tracks on the earlier 3D comps well thats another story. :bananada:

bez23

Adverse camber
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
The Phonographist said:
Bez23> Exactly what I thought..... Are you definate you saw Talamasca not the DJ b4 ?

Totally Talamasca - recognised his big French face up there and everything.
Remember 'Telepathic Atmospheres' from Beyond the Mask? Pant creamingly good music.

paradice

Junior Members
Reaction score
well i fuckin like it not so into the first track due to that riff reminding me of being 12 and listening to happy hardcore, but the rest does flow nicley with some nice melodies. When played in the car whilst shroomed up the effect of this album really kicks u in the bollox.

bez23

Adverse camber
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Um... that he's French? Aaaaand that I recognised him (from a photo)? :huh:

Crispy

Fried for too long
Reaction score
Yup, thought Talamasca played the most shoking set at Glade. Worst person i saw all weekend (and it was him!). Not psychedelic at all...hes got his own bass sound but to be honest i reckon hes run out of ideas...
i did really enjoy his first two albums, so i dunno where it went wrong?
havnt heard the new one, dont think i can really be bothered to either.

paradice

Junior Members
Reaction score
quite fuckin like it?.. Most of the album, track 2 and 3 particularly are very nice indeed! I kind forgot about this album, its going on soon.

Red five

jah mangled spanner
Reaction score
chris H said:
Yup, thought Talamasca played the most shoking set at Glade. Worst person i saw all weekend (and it was him!). Not psychedelic at all....

he took a huge shit on eskimo at the glade though....

Zaven

Time to prime..
Reaction score
He only ever listens to psy. Cedric is a lovely guy and has come a long way as a result. His music is crap though. IMO.

Oh well. He's got this neat mind-reading trick..

Pick a card...

:juggle:

Can you tell what it is yet?