Technical Advice on my first production

luizmenezesjunior

Junior Members
Reaction score
Hi ppl,

I'm producing my first psy track...

I'd like some advices from my mix, master, sounds, melody etc... What you guys think...?

It's not finished yet, but it has 1/3 of the music.

I'm still solving some arpegiator sync problems...

The drum are wav samples, bass came from Tau, there's some wav effects, and I'm using an Nord Lead 3

<!-- incode auto-link start -->http://www.eletronz.com/eletronz_project-psy1.mp3<!-- incode auto-link end -->

fuzzikitten

Junior Members
Reaction score
I just crawled out of the studio for a break, so here's my honest-to-gosh-at-3:30-on-a-worknight first impressions:
(note: I'm only listening on my laptop speakers, so I'll focus on the melodies/arrangement...)

0:26 - nice build...
:35 - I like the change to the bassline, nice and tight. Leaves me wanting more of the first melody.
1:00 - oh, it's back! :Smile3:
1:13 - Still good, though I was expecting a change with the cymbol crash...
1:40 - this lead sounds slightly.. off? Is this the arp sync problem you mentioned? Nice riff though. driving...
2:08 - I like it!
2:27 - Nice build!
2:44 - I LIKE that synth.

And this is only 1/3 done? I can't wait for the other 2/3rds! :Smile3:

Well done!

luizmenezesjunior

Junior Members
Reaction score
Thanks, I apreciatte your advices...

The main problem is sync my arps to get on tempo... I don't know if its an Cubase timeclock problem or if my problem cames from the M-Audio firewire soundcard or from my nord...

Still trying.. :Smile3:

fuzzikitten said:
I just crawled out of the studio for a break, so here's my honest-to-gosh-at-3:30-on-a-worknight first impressions:
(note: I'm only listening on my laptop speakers, so I'll focus on the melodies/arrangement...)

0:26 - nice build...
:35 - I like the change to the bassline, nice and tight. Leaves me wanting more of the first melody.
1:00 - oh, it's back! :Smile3:
1:13 - Still good, though I was expecting a change with the cymbol crash...
1:40 - this lead sounds slightly.. off? Is this the arp sync problem you mentioned? Nice riff though. driving...
2:08 - I like it!
2:27 - Nice build!
2:44 - I LIKE that synth.

And this is only 1/3 done? I can't wait for the other 2/3rds! :Smile3:

Well done!

fuzzikitten

Junior Members
Reaction score
When recording my k2500 arps I found that they drifted in and out of sync. The solution was to (*groan*) figure out the midi for the arps and write it by hand. Then I just played an 'arpless' version of my patch with the hand-written midi data. Time-consuming, but it yielded nice tight arps.

I once figured out how to export the midi of my k2500's arp, but have since bun unable to replicate it. :/

Good luck with the sync problem!

-Alex

luizmenezesjunior

Junior Members
Reaction score
Well,

I play the arp very on a low speedy on my nord lead, discovered the notes, and put it in cubase... it works, and for now i'll keep this way...

I'm thinking the sync problems is from my Cubase or M-Audio audiocard... Let's see when I get my Emu MP7 groovebox if the problem stops...

Thanks for help...

fuzzikitten said:
When recording my k2500 arps I found that they drifted in and out of sync. The solution was to (*groan*) figure out the midi for the arps and write it by hand. Then I just played an 'arpless' version of my patch with the hand-written midi data. Time-consuming, but it yielded nice tight arps.

I once figured out how to export the midi of my k2500's arp, but have since bun unable to replicate it. :/

Good luck with the sync problem!

-Alex

Drat Mafia

Total Member
Reaction score
ye is there a program/plugin that can listen to an arpegio and extract the MIDI data from it??

If not there should be

luizmenezesjunior

Junior Members
Reaction score
When you play an arpeggio patch on Nord, just the pressed note will be send to midi, and not the arpeggio.

If you play one single note from cubase, and send to nord using midi, the arpeggio will be played like if your are pressing the note.

Anyway... I can't get the arpeggio notes automatically :Sad:

Drat Mafia said:
ye is there a program/plugin that can listen to an arpegio and extract the MIDI data from it??

If not there should be

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
You can transmit the appregio info on quite a few synths you know ......

I can do it on my jp8k anyway ......

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
Try using the Cubase arp - it should be possilbe to copy the settings and get an identical result. If the arp is coming from Cubase you can set up your locators around the section of arp you want to capture and use the "Merge MIDI in loop" item in the MIDI menu to bounce down the arpeggio into a MIDI part.

However, if the arp's coming from Cubase you probably wouldn't be needing to do that anyway!

The Phonographist

www.lucidoxford.com
Reaction score
jamez_23 said:
You can transmit the appregio info on quite a few synths you know ......

I can do it on my jp8k anyway ......

Yeah, you can do that on my Virus as well. Not that I do, but that function is there.

I rememeber it used to happen when I used Cubase. I wasn't really sure how to fix it at the time but luckily for me when I moved over to Logic the problem dissapeared.