Technical Support

Excellent! :ilol:

Testical support......

BwaaaH !

too true - today I had one of the most common i get from the same bloody person who cant ever explain whats wrong and where (tho this is most of our customers), I have told her i cant fix things unless a) she tells me whats wrong and b) where i can see it, so i get an email exchange

her - a web page doesn't look right
me - can you provide an example with what's wrong and where I can see it
her - its the links to documents
me - which page
her - lots

sqoo said:
her - a web page doesn't look right
me - can you provide an example with what's wrong and where I can see it
her - its the links to documents
me - which page
her - lots

When I get that sort of thing the conversation quickly turns nasty....

I can be far more bloody minded than someone who doesn't want to help me fix their problem, oh yes.....

That cheered me up no end!

I a serious issue with people bugging me;

a) before I can take my coat off when I come in
b) when I have just sat down with my lunch
c) People starting a line with 'by the way' as I am putting my coat on to leave
d) people not even bothering to restart an application that started doing funny things and then KEEP TELLING ME IN DETAILS ABOUT THE FUNNY THINGS AFTER I HAVE FRIGGIN JUST ASKED THEM TO RESTART TEH APPLICATION AND ANNOY ME AGAIN IF THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS WHICH IT NEVER DOESSSSSSSSSSS

argh!

SORRY...

I *may* have gotten carried away...

and I dont even do tech support - people just caught onto my darkened past.. *sigh*

LiLo_Ferret said:
Yup
Yup...well they did until I stopped turning my mobile on and started leaving my DECT phone on my desk.
They still do that, but for some reason they usually follow up with "...never mind it can wait until morning", can't think what I do to turn that around.
d) people not even bothering to restart an application that started doing funny things and then KEEP TELLING ME IN DETAILS ABOUT THE FUNNY THINGS AFTER I HAVE FRIGGIN JUST ASKED THEM TO RESTART TEH APPLICATION AND ANNOY ME AGAIN IF THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS WHICH IT NEVER DOESSSSSSSSSSS
Fucking yeah, why do they think we need to know every little x and 0 in the error code...just SHUT UP AND DO WHAT I SAY THEN WE CAN BOTH GET ON WITH PRETENDING EACH OTHER DON'T EXIST!

For some reason large sections of the company have recently decided that it is acceptable to talk to us like complete pieces of shit too, then go crying to their bosses when they get a clubbing from the sarcasm stick. Today one woman who sits just on the other side of the room from us is still waiting for us to fix a problem she encountered at about 11am but she has fallen foul of the new "we can't hear you if you are rude" rule.

:ilol: :ilol:
"we can't hear you if you are rude" rule

:irofl:

Thankfully I don't do investment banking anymore - but if we could have soldiered on with the rule above I reckon alot of stuff would ahve gone horribly wrong and in just one day :P

Wnakers!!!
:ismile:

LiLo_Ferret said:

e) The phone ringning at 17:25.......

Not that I answer the fucker anyway.....

Why don't people understand that if you treat an admin / PA (not sys admin just your regular tart at the desk like me) OR a techie nicely they would friggin roll over backwards to please you and actually seek out more ways of making your life easier - and there is no two better positions in the business world to royally f*ck you over [fact]

:ibiggrin:

Agreed it was more fun terrorising people as a techie but I have come to appreciate the more subtle ways that a PA can harness their powers WHILST smiling and making a rank cup of coffee

x

I love when people phonetically spell out memory dump error codes to me. It use to annoy me but then I realised that I could make them feel better about themselves by praising their attention to detail - then in return I could strum the violin and make up buzz words whilst achieving a new high score in tetris:ismile:
- either that or asking someone to low level format 5 SCSI disks on a raid because quite frankly this is only the beginning of your shift and you dont want to speak with them again

LiLo_Ferret said:
either that or asking someone to low level format 5 SCSI disks on a raid because quite frankly this is only the beginning of your shift and you dont want to speak with them again

Mmmmm, it has taken me about four hours now to apply a patch that weighed in at about 750Kb.....
Nice.
( talking fives mins work here, at a push )

Why thankyou Ferret !

I'm currently considering how much time I can get away with knocking off my afternoon, for having to apply that patch to live over the weekend .....

"But Rob, don't you mind giving up your weekend to work ?"
"Well, it's a cross I have to bere....... ( bare ? beer ? )"
"swooon, our hero...... "

:irofl: :irofl:

I *might* just get around to booking an engineer for the tape drive - and issue a few invoices, I really dont like to rush meself on a friday :Smile3:

Back