Thailand recommendations

Biggins Jul 4, 2012

1. .twizdit.

.twizdit. Its got goblins in....

Threads:
    We dont have the time for a train, we only have a limited time in nepal with my mum so we need to asap it. BUT because of your advice, I just found flights from bangkok to nepal via kuala lumpur. Instead of paying £700 for 2 singles and 1 return from bkk-ktm if we go via kuala lumpur its now just over £350!!
    THANK YOU BIGGINS!! I was stressing pretty hard and have spent hours looking for flights, but didnt even consider going thru KL. £700 was way too much but id already committed to paying for mums ticket :confused:

2. Biggins

Biggins Cake Or Death

Threads:
    cool! glad it got sorted :Grin:

3. Michael

Michael comfortable middle class disco botherer

Threads:
    ok mate..i've managed to land myself a 3 month contract in Malaysia till end of Nov. plans after are to go back to Thailand for December..it's looking like i'll be going back to Koh Pha Ngan for the first time since 1998..i had some many happy times there mid/late-90s... yes i know it's changed but i still have friends there and i'm very curious to go back and visit...one friend is going to look at renting a bungalow/apartment for me somewhere remote on the island, i'll have to rent a motorbike too.... plans after are to go to Cambodia where i have friends also..i had a big 4 year adventure to S.E. Asia/Oz in the 90s,i havent been back or done much travelling since so i'm naturally very excited..just waiting for flights and visa conformation and i'm up up and away :Smile3:

4. Biggins

Biggins Cake Or Death

Threads:
    just a quick bump for a few things....heard a rumour that Pai is possibly a bit average since a film was made there and its filled up with rich thai tourists.

also, according to wikitravel...tonsai is being developed a bit more seriously. just wondering if anyone has been recently can confirm as was interested in the climbing there.

Ton Sai travel guide - Wikitravel

also, although i said that i wasn't interested in parties, just wondering if there any nice psy parties (pref day parties) that i can scope out?

cheers
    B

5. Michael

Threads:
    hi Biggins :Smile3:

i get to KPG end of this month, i'll be there for all of December, i know some of the old psy crew are still there so i'm sure there will be some parties, esp. in December/xmas time

i've sent you a friend invite on FB, it'll be easier to keep in touch on there

John M is meeting me in KPG early Dec. Gregg Zogg is also coming out apparently

it would be nice to see you someway/somehow :hug:

6. felix

felix Neuroplasmic

Threads:
    I'll be in Thailand (most likely Koh Phangan) all december, we're playing at a party on NYE on Koh Tao which looks awesome, here's a link to the event. Other than that the organiser of this party has told me that there are plenty of daytime parties in bars and such, and a couple of bigger parties which are worth a look in. One is the Half Moon party, and the other is I think called Jungle Experience, the Full Moon Party is apparently to be avoided, especially in December when Koh Phangan will be saturated with people on their Gap Yah. Michael, i'm sure i'll run in to you, looks like we'll be there at exactly the same time! :Smile3:

7. JohnM

JohnM blah blah blah

Threads:
    As michael say - i'll be in KPG first week in december - plan is to do a bit of yoga & chill & prob give had riin a wide birth - other than maybe to meet up with folk

Probably going to Ko Phayam & (little) Ko Chang mid/late nov to do some proper chilling

:Smile3:

8. felix

felix Neuroplasmic

Threads:
    Ah, I probably would have noticed that if I hadn't skim read the thread! :/ Have fun in KPG, hope you do manage to find a party to bop along to :Smile3:

9. Michael

Threads:
    Hi Felix YES this is brilliant! i am up for this party on NYE (knew nothing about it till just now) going to pm you FB sometime soon

i'm proper excited :Smile3:

10. Biggins

Biggins Cake Or Death

Threads:
    hey up, thanks for that. we're landing in Bangkok at the beginning of December, we're there for a few days and them we'll make a plan. It probs going to involve a beach somewhere but that's as far as we've got. bigger more organised pardee might be tricky due to the bab but i'll be happy if i can locate some bars daytime amplified beats...

Michael - i've done the stalkbook thang and will try and get back into the habit of checking it.

11. BlipBlop

BlipBlop deeper beeper

Threads:
    Biggins - Pai might have a few more tourists but it's still an incredible place to stay. The Jazz cafes, live music venues and general happy daze vibe is still going strong, i wouldn't write it off as a possible destination.

If i could get time off work i would come down KPG for some decent Psytrance... The nights we've put on up in Vietnam have been small, intimate gathering with a very low budget - but we've still had a banger... would be lovely to join a bigger psy crowd and get down to business over NYE! But with current cash flow and no one recognising Christmas / new years holidays over here its unlikely :Sad:

12. Michael

Threads:
    @ Luke, it would be lovely to meet you finally, if you can't make it down on NYE it might be i may visit you at some point

13. Biggins

Biggins Cake Or Death

Threads:
    hey BB - thanks for the reassurance. its good to hear. In all fairness, its only one person but that person spends a lot of time in thailand. We havn't written pai off, to man ppl have recommended it. we'll just see where we end up. :Smile3:

14. twirly

twirly boring

Threads:
    Is anyone thinking of heading to Koh Tao for Experience Festival this Jan?

When we went to KPG last September it was very quiet. I'd love to go back and see what it is like when there are more people around, although it was really relaxing being there in the lower season and we talked to some very pleasant locals, particularly in Chaloklum and Sri Thanu. I wonder how the arrival of the airport is affecting things?

15. JohnM

JohnM blah blah blah

Threads:
    where's the airport being built?

16. twirly

twirly boring

Threads:
    It's in the North East I think, near Thong Nai Pan. I heard it was going to serve only small aircraft on domestic flights by Kan Air (and maybe Nok Air?) Very much hope that it doesn't lead to the beaches becoming Chaweng replicas! Eek! :Sad:

17. JohnM

JohnM blah blah blah

Threads:
    Quite surprised at that - as its not too much hassle to get a ferry from Samui. KPG seems to pretty much be two places - Had Riin (which is just geared up to the full moon parties) and everywhere else - with not that much cross over between the two - so i'd imagine any airport would just ferry people in/out of the full moon party more quickly.

Only been to Chaweng once (94) and it was very built up then - but as a beach - probably one of best i've ever seen - i'd love to have seen it in the 70s/80s

edit - found a vid on youtube from 87 and its starting to get built up (towards end)

18. twirly

twirly boring

Threads:
    Such a shame how lovely things get ruined. When we visited the beach was lined with big hotels, it was tacky, had constant heavy traffic and was polluted, full of prostitute bars, people pestering all the time, chain stores.... and McDonalds. It smelled so bad and the water looked unfit for swimming. Got out of there pretty sharpish!

My partner just described it as 'The Thai version of Blackpool'. :Sad: However we haven't been to Phuket or Pattaya so perhaps those places are worse!

19. JohnM

JohnM blah blah blah

Threads:

really? it was picture postcard turquoise sea & white sand in 94.. but already pretty developed.. glad ive never been back..

20. twirly

twirly boring

Threads:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice