The best of the UK

Dez

OOGA BOOGA MAN
Reaction score
Hi there!!

I would like to have an opinion poll on who are the best psytrance producers of the UK.

This would aid the decision on play outs for the rebirth of OOGA BOOGA in Brighton.

My favourite is Scorb/RAM.

Tell me what you think!!

Peace and love

Dez

Has to be Scorb .....

Although Allaby were sounding pretty damn groovy at the Glade !!

<does what he always does on threads like this>

*cough*subliminal system*cough*

twisted/full on/melodic/breaks, seems to go down pretty well wherever it gets played out...

:Grin:

EVP is definitely one of the best, very drippy and psychedelic, and has been keeping relatively quiet on the scene... James23 mentioned Scorb, who i dont really know that well, but forgot to mention himself :P have you heard Scorb vs. ODTs track on the liquid CD? also on the liquid CD is morphogenetic, making quality foresty night time stuff, and of course Voice of Cod, both them and OOOD come highly recommended. I havent heard Cosmosis recently but he's definitely a brit legend...
also, several south african peeps like Rinkadink and other nano lot are based in the UK...

Fromem_Ory said:
I havent heard Cosmosis recently but he's definitely a brit legend......

Hear Hear on Cosmosis.......in my all time fave artists list

there is some young wipper snapper around at the mo called Fromem Ory who seems to be able to string a half decent tune or two together as well :Wink3:

jsainsbury's well good.

actually i am.

Dick Trevor (Lovely guy, amazing artist)

Prometheus (Benji Vaughn rocks my world..anyone else heard his twisted house as JUNK??)

Psymetrix (liquid) !!!!!!!!!!the future of proper full on funtime turbo charged trance

Chris Organic(just quality and consitency)

Voice of Cod (nuff said)

Fromem Ory(liquid)...(future sound of retro?)

Tristan (techno music i tell ya!!)

Morphogenetic (liquid)-Slack baba on MDMA...nasty

Eskimo( just kidding......)

We'll have to wait and see wot Mr Posford can do these days, but his recent colabs are great....

I'm very flattered for my projects to be on some of your lists on this thread... I really wish I could could be as confident in my own opinions but I don't listen to music with a mind for who wrote it so I'm embarrased to say that names just pass me by more often than not. I can't pretend I know more about other artists than I do, and wouldn't want to big anyone up just for the sake of it.

Having said that, there have been a few occasions when I've known exactly what I'm listening to and I've very much enjoyed a few tracks by Jules and Dick as AMD, and what Chris Organic did to the bass end of our Neptune Driver track was simply jaw-dropping. Error Corrective have a superb hard, clear sound that projects very well over a big system, and Eskimo has written a couple of tracks that I simply love (although I couldn't tell you their names). I also saw Simon P. play live a couple of times last year and in terms of the quality of sound obtained from a live set run in the way he does his, he's certainly still got it in my opinion.

UK still rocks, after all the years, still no1 in Psy.
Currently my favorites are:
Scorb, Voice of Cod, O.O.O.D, EVP, Error Corrective, Reality Grid, Hoodwink, Tristan, Simon, Dick Trevor, Prometheus and more.

cameron-nagualsound said:
Dick Trevor (Lovely guy, amazing artist)

Prometheus (Benji Vaughn rocks my world..anyone else heard his twisted house as JUNK??)

Psymetrix (liquid) !!!!!!!!!!the future of proper full on funtime turbo charged trance

Chris Organic(just quality and consitency)

Voice of Cod (nuff said)

Fromem Ory(liquid)...(future sound of retro?)

Tristan (techno music i tell ya!!)

Morphogenetic (liquid)-Slack baba on MDMA...nasty

Eskimo( just kidding......)

We'll have to wait and see wot Mr Posford can do these days, but his recent colabs are great....

and

<Colin OOOD> I'm very flattered for my projects to be on some of your lists on this thread...

hear hear! I was looking down the lists to see if Voice of Cod got a mention, as they damm rightly should, and woa! I see my name there with the words 'quality and consistency'... you sure you're talking about the right Chris Organic.... hehehehe! Well thanks very much,.....

My personal list: (in no order)

Voice Of Cod
OOOD
Tristan
Aphid Moon
Dick Trevor
and, ok then, now you started it... me and Colin as Benefactor. I know we've only written 3 tunes but I'm sure there'll be more soon, and so far we've had a blast doing them.

Back