The end of Spirit Zone?

Templar

Junior Members
Reaction score
Is it true?

When I was at Fullmoon Festival '05 in Germany I've bought some CD's at Spirit Zone's shop. The price of one CD was 6 Euro, while 4 CD's were available for the price of 20 Euro. I was more than happy to see such a discount (I've bought myself f.e. some old Space Tribe albums, "Noosphere - Aqua", "Shiva Chandra - Subsonic", "Element - Full Moon" etc.), when the guy who sold the CD's told me that "the label is closing down". At first I didn't believe that and forgot all about it, enjoying my shoping spree. After I came back home from the festival I started to think whether the guy was right all along... After all many artists who were the primary rooster of Spirit Zone are long gone from their mother-label. Space Tribe has his own label called Space Tribe Music, the new Electric Universe album is said to be released somewhere else than S.Z. and another S.Z. old-timer (Shiva Chandra) is releasing his album called "Change Of Air" on Sinn Tec Records. What is more, I've heard a rumour that Antaro is not interested in the label anymore. Last but not least, I've checked the label's website www.spiritzone.de and it's not working.

Can someone confirm or deny my "what if's"? Blue Room Released, Flying Rhino, Matsuri Productions, Transient Records... All of them being great and legendary labels... Are we seeing another one biting the dust?

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Reaction score
Mate, I just saw you post this on Isratrance. If it's true, very sad indeed :Sad:

heva

mischief-maker.....
Reaction score
Saw it posted on psynews as well, where someone has explained the situation. Apparently they closed due to financial reasons caused by a distribution which went bankrupt (the distributor was EFA Medien). :Sad:

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
This is very sad indeed :Sad:

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Reaction score
Man - that's just harsh. :Sad:

What's even more gallign was that they had the stall at Voov as well, but I was too cash-strapped to pick anything up. Looks like I won't get the chance now. :sob:

J.

amoe

Forum Member
Reaction score
What happened to Flying Rhino?

psychedelVic

(~'~)
Reaction score
:o

Stalwarts of the psy scene Spirit Zone going down?!? That is very sad news indeed.

Ozric

Hoofaloof
Reaction score
Oh shit! :eek:

I got Mark Allen's Hopefiend album, Steropark from Spirallianz and Double Dragon' Transparent for a fiver(euros) each at voov on Monday before leaving but never realised! All amazing albums.
This is so sad!
I mean it was the last one standing! :Sad:

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
Speakafreaka said:
Plusquam website is dead too...

:Sad:
Nooooooooooooooo !!!!

I really hope that Plusquam doesn't dissapear too ...... :Sad:

(hello Tom ! :Smile3: )

Goagabba

Lost in Europe
Reaction score
Hectic, so does that mean there'll be a Voov next year?

(Hey James!!! Been a while hey?!? :Wink3: )