The help Continuum buying worthy psy trance thread!

Ozric

Hoofaloof
Reaction score
So there, all released after 2003 :ibiggrin:, no night trance since I take it you don't grade much:

1) Set-5 from Iboga can be considered classic already; good to note there are a couple of tracks deviating from the iboga norm; ie Ace Ventura or Reefer Decree but whole comp is flawless imo.

ibogacd31.jpg

2) Psy Booty is also excellent despite one of the worst art covers in recent times; very cool & rhythmic psy prog with a lot of housey bits under the absence of vocals of course :ibiggrin:don't worry it does gets very psychedelic from third track onwards!

pbcd01.jpg

3) This one is absolutely essential! Chronica Chapter vol2 from Boshke Beats; features amazing artists offering cold metalic beats along with warm organic nuisances. doesn't put a foot in the wrong direction. simply buy it!

bbcd04.jpg

4) Another personal favorite of all times:

Luomuhappo - Pog-o-matic Pogomen 3000000

suomi tance, very well structured while remaining quite insane,very hillarious very funky!

fdcd05.jpg

5) Megalopsy - The Abstarct Machine going into more warped sounds full of layers and a lot of groove. went quite off the radar still haven't figured out why yet
argentinian trance dribbling all defence scoring with both hands stretched having a nice cuppa of tea afterwards playing all ignorant. it wasn't me. classic!

trishcd02.jpg

6) Nystagmus - The Immaculate Perception

sundcd27.jpg

awesome. loads of fun, amazing use of samples, full of bouncyness & mischief
features Tommy is Dead which can freak out a whole dancefloor!:ibiggrin:

7) Phi - Phinalizer

hycacd01.jpg

japanese psy trance not as weird as you would come to expect but so so well done. excellent production storming basslines close to the UK sound but dare I say better? got some goa acid flourishes that add up a lot!

Actually could go on for hours!

Dude you owe me one! :iwink:

Ozric

Hoofaloof
Reaction score
Monkey Do said:
edit: Have you tried Braincell?

I will def go for this one. I found "Duality" very nice so this one has to follow!:iwink:

hey for "matter is a myth" choon I 've even dedicated a thread!

think I got one or two replies back:iconfused

Continuum

Throb Farmer
Reaction score
Thanks mates, when the psy-budget has filled up a bit I'll try some of these

:Smile3:

Ah, when this forum works it really works

ichabod

Reaction score
Magnetrixx - Wired.. a couple of slightly dodge melodic morning tracks at the start but the last few tracks are blinding. Super psychedelic but kind of proggy as well.. Very funky and danceable and nothing like any other psy I've heard :o)

The new Ticon Album also sounds extremely sweet although haven't heard the whole thing yet...

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
ichabod said:
Magnetrixx - Wired.. a couple of slightly dodge melodic morning tracks at the start but the last few tracks are blinding. Super psychedelic but kind of proggy as well.. Very funky and danceable and nothing like any other psy I've heard :o)

The new Ticon Album also sounds extremely sweet although haven't heard the whole thing yet...

hmmm .... I struggled to digest the Magnetrixx album ..... some nice tracks but most have moments where I think "No NO no ...... god Noooooooooooooooooo !!!!" :lol: . Think track 7 is the most palatable.

Ticon very nice though. Good dancefloor stuff.

If you like proggy why not try the Globalize V/A album on FLOW. Good one that. :iyes:

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Amoeba Records - First Light Compilation :Wink3:

deadgirl

Dead inside
Reaction score
i could help him buy some 5 star taps. thats the best i can do

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
Red five said:
solstice black.

awesome.

compiled by xavier morel...trance like it used to be.

oooh - was wondering what that was like. What sorta tempo is it at ?

Red five

jah mangled spanner
Reaction score
jamez_23 said:
oooh - was wondering what that was like. What sorta tempo is it at ?

pounding, gnarly, but really interesting.

one for the open minded, quite techno edged but i really like it.

class.

think atomic...but with a techno edge

M

makdaddy

I have an original of this CD.

Damion freebied it to me. I can freebie it over to you if you like :iyes:

not my cuppa like

Ozric said:
7) Phi - Phinalizer

hycacd01.jpg

japanese psy trance not as weird as you would come to expect but so so well done. excellent production storming basslines close to the UK sound but dare I say better? got some goa acid flourishes that add up a lot!

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
Red five said:
pounding, gnarly, but really interesting.

one for the open minded, quite techno edged but i really like it.

class.

think atomic...but with a techno edge

yeah definetly its like the Atomic Reactor Side Label... Technofied Psychedelic!!

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
he eh .....

Say's the dj who mixes 'assisted by key and bpm' :Wink3:

I know what sort of style it is already, read the blurb etc ..... cj bolland etc ..... I just wandered what sort of bpm'age it was, is all. If it made you laugh well, happy days !!!! :iyes:

:Smile3: