The Long Dark Tea Time of The Soul - Douglas Adams

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
She passed the time quietly in a world of her own in which she woz surrounded as far as the eye could see with old cabin trunks full of past memories in which she rummaged with a great curiosity, and sometimes bewilderment. Or, at least about a tenth of the cabin trunks were full of vivid, and often painful or uncomfortable memories of her past life; the other nine-tenths were full of penguims, which surprised her. Insofar as she recognised at all that she was dreaming, she realized that she must be exploring her own subconscious mind. She had heard it said that humans are supposed only to use about a tenth of their brains, and that no one was very clear what the other nine-tenths were for, but she had certainly never heard it suggested that they were used for storing penguins.

buy it :ibiggrin: read it :irofl: itz great fun hehe

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
nope, douglas adams is dead unfortunately. damn shame cos he would surely have written a fair few more books...

'long dark tea time of the soul' and 'dirk gentley's holistic detective agency' are the only other 2 novels he wrote apart from the 5 hitchhikers guide books (i think) and they're both damn funny!

man was a legend...

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
jamez_23 said:
It it a new one?

I do like Douglas Adams.

evilwill said:
nope, douglas adams is dead unfortunately.

:iredface:

Cheers, though. I'll have to check em out.

p.s. 5 Hitchikers books? Is the last one not "so long and thanks for all the fish?" ....

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
Long Dark Tea Time* was published in 88! I cant believe it did get famous! itz so much fun!!

he wrote 8 infact...

...hitchhikers trilogy...

Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
The restraunt at the end of the universe
So Long and Thanks for All the Fish
Life, the Universe and Everything
Mostly Harmless

and Also...

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
Salmon of All Knowledge

and just to be a total geek, he also co-wrote 3 Doctor who episodes, dunno which ones tho lol :Grin:

all fukin brilliant!!! Holistic Detective agency is fukin genious!!! Tea time of the soul is the sequel :Wink3:

Edit: he also co-wrote Starship Titanic with terry jones, havent read it yet tho, see it on the shelf all the time, really gotta get round to it!

Dani

Aunt Fani
Reaction score
oooh I love Douglas Adams! Bought this book and Dirk Gently's... a few year's back in charity shops, but *still* haven't gotten round to reading them - eep!! Thanks for reminding me tho, am gonna dig 'em out and read them when I'm done with the book I'm reading atm. Yay! :Grin:

rcorlett

bob
Reaction score
:iyes:

adams is an easy-reading god!

not to mention the radio series (including the two new ones) - sublime!