The New CDJ 800mk2

Niquid

Incognito
Reaction score
cdj800mk2top_detailpage.jpg

The New update to the Pioneer CdJ 800 (The Mk2) has finally come out for sale and its Been worth the wait!

This new Beauty has a whole load of new toys in the box, hears the lowdown!

Visually It has improved Display and can now show CD-Text and ID3 data for rapid track identification. Excellent for when u know the track name but not the number!!

The Jog Dial Display is now brighter and has been brought closer to the surface of the Jog for better viewing angles. The center display also features 45-degree markers for added visual cueing assistance. Nice when a bit squiffy!!

The CDJ-800MK2's 7-inch jogdial has been improved to a slightly stiffer feel as well as a new metallic ‘non-slip’ finish for better scratch performance.

Memory points can now be recorded to the player's internal memory for rapid recall of your commonly used cue points, so when you have 30 sec's of a track left you can get it right in there quick!

New silver buttons and pitch slider give the CDJ-800MK2 a fresh new look that will make any mouth water!

And the Largest addition to the CDJ-800MK2 is that you can play all your MP3s; CBR or VBR at any bitrate from CD-R or CD-RW and control them as if it was a cd! that's 3 times the amount of tunes on a cd that you can control instantly at the touch of a button.

Overall this is a huge step forward into the digital market that will give djs the freedom to really expand the mixing potential, Well done pioneer!

badger

mustelid member
Reaction score
Thanks Niquid:@)
Well it looks very nice indeed! so is it as good as the cdj-1000mk2? pitch wise. I saw that mentioned before. Bodger has been saving for some decks for a long time - and then a new one comes along!!!! I thought I'd ask 'what cd deck' as this one is a new model. in the name of no regrets, should he blow the piggy bank on the new mk3 cdj1000 or get these? (bearing it will be a few more months of saving).
They all look good to me:@)

Spank

Junior Members
Reaction score
pr0fane said:
Still only 0.05% pitch precision? :Sad:

really?? that's rubbish and by far the most important feature of any deck, everything else is just gimmicks. Do the 1000's go down to 0.02?

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score

pr0fane

Junior Members
Reaction score
I would go for the CDJ200's instead of CDJ800mk2 then, and would recommend that to other psytrance DJ's as well. I love the feel of the CDJ800's, but the scratching-features are absolutely useless to me (and I reckon for most DJ's in the psytrance scene). The CDJ200 has 0.02% pitch precision and is a lot cheaper.

badger

mustelid member
Reaction score
That's very good to know, thanks :@) we don't know any dj's who mix psy, well any dj's full stop. Only fellow bedroom djs!! So it's good to know the Pioneer pro's and cons. He might be mixing cd's in no time then! it will be for psy/progressive, so pitch precision it is even though this deck looks lovely. Thanks guys, After buying numark decks a few years back (for hard trance), he always regretted not buying 'THE' technics...so I use them for my reggae instead. Keep it simple and get bigger speakers then:@)

hugoblin

From Parts Unknown
Reaction score
look pretty.

but its only got 4 new buttons.

0.5 - 0.2? pah, its not gonna stop you mixing one tune with another, using the 100% pitch on my 800's iv been able to mix lee scratch perry with slayer, i actually thought it would be impossible but i proved myself wrong, you dont get the auto loop function on the 1000's either and thats always good for scrambling some brains .

do pioneer do upgrades? , that would be good . . .