The new Eskimo album!

is this a new eskimo album, or the new jumani one thats suposed to be coming out some time soon? eskimo has something to do with that doesn't he? I'd definately be interested to hear it either way when its released.

For the record i thought take a look out there was good, but not as good as i remember him sounding from the glade and event horizon. Sounded a bit too clean or something. Not enough wierd stuff going on sometimes. Still an excellant album, especially considering his age...

sorry to say this, but i thought his set at the glade was boring, predictable, unimaginative tripe - build, build, build, gonna break..gonna break..gonna break...not quite yet...almost there.....and finally....no not quite yet......................

.........break - into boring ploddy trance

.....jumanji, however, i thought they were pretty damn good from what i remember - the dickster certainly adding a positive influence - will definitley be interested to here what the two of em come up with on their album :Smile3:

afaik he's just finished work on the dynamo album (with dynamic), so it could well be that. didn't hear anything about a new solo album from him.

jumanji rocks :Smile3:

oh shit,

sorry, i ment his last album ' Take a look out there'.

I think its fuckin smart. Very techno.

not trippy enought for some of u trippy trancers :excessiv:

JPsychodelicacy said:
Hah - it'll be a bag of shite, just like his last one.

J.

hey hey with quotes like that you better get your tracks out studio elf and blow us all away!

I think there is some class stuff on there, he milks that bassline at times, and as an album it doesn't go to that many different places... but it has some blasting tracks, and its dance floor effective for sure!

Yea studio elf?

Are u willing to let us have a ganders/critical ear :excessiv: at your hard work?

Thats if u make tunes??

Will Dogon said:
sorry to say this, but i thought his set at the glade was boring, predictable, unimaginative tripe - build, build, build, gonna break..gonna break..gonna break...not quite yet...almost there.....and finally....no not quite yet......................

Will he is right y'know :grandad:

when I saw him at Chichme I think there where some technical problems but he did play some real stomers and I think that because he had extra time he could build it up and then keep it at a high. I think you do have to give him a chance considering he is still quite young and you will probably see alot of improvement as he works with other artists.

hmmm everyone keeps saying "considering how young he is" ... so forgive my ignorance .... but exactly how old is Mr. Eskimo?
:Smile3:

hes about 20.

If Eskimo is hard house , then im a glow stick raver at the front with ur mummas fridge magnets on me shirt!
haha

:partysmi:

geoffwiffen said:
hey hey with quotes like that you better get your tracks out studio elf and blow us all away!

When it's ready, and not a moment before.

its dance floor effective for sure!

So are Lisa Pin-up's mixes. Doesn't mean they're any good. :P

SeanRudz said:
Are u willing to let us have a ganders/critical ear at your hard work?

*sigh*

Like I said, when they're ready.

The reason I always play my cards close to my chest in situations like this is because I want to produce good music.

I'd like to create a sound that is chunky, but relatively unique - with a bit of madness thrown in for good measure - not just :

Slap down a kick drum and open hi-hat loop,
a breakbeat out of Stylus,
3 variations on a 16th-note bassline, then:

Layer a couple of 3-note pentatonic melody synths over each bassline variation,
Stick a few Hi-passed twizzly synth noises over it,
Futz intro/outro out of aforementioned synths
then release it.

I probably *could* get away with it if I wasn't so uptight about wanting to actually make something of decent quality. Thus far only a small fraction of what I've done has met the standard I'm after, and I'd rather have a decent body of work to play to people than just chuck out the first thing I write that's semi-decent.

So I'm not ready yet - it doesn't mean that I'm not allowed an opinion, does it?

J.

(And Eskimo practically *is* hard house, Sean - buildupbuildupbuildupbuildupbuildupbuildup Boom! Wungawungawunga...buildupbuildup... and so on...)

he's 18 and technically he's a wizard. those samples..........god those samples....walls melting...sensational. he blew me away at chicime once the technical stuff was sorted, he must have a lot of new material because he only played about two tunes from "take a look out there". there are some TERRIBLY average tunes on that album though....

haha!

i loves it! Im off to get my self some hard house then if its all like that! Judge jules anyone? no....wait............ Dave pearce! sweet :excessiv:

Of course u r allowed opinions J! and fair enuff dude push for the sound you want and good luck finding it!

Obviously taste differs, but just saying that is shite full stop and as easy to make as "Stick a few Hi-passed twizzly synth noises over it", is alot bigger statement than it not being to your taste.

(and i don't know, Lisa Pin Ups mixes wouldn't get me on a dance floor, don't know about you?)

geoffwiffen said:
(and i don't know, Lisa Pin Ups mixes wouldn't get me on a dance floor, don't know about you?)

Would me mate, where's me day-glo horn? "I'm a muthafuckin' psycho" weeeeahwewoooah weeargh we woooah

Or was that Lisa Lashes?

Time and a place init...

(shit...I've said too much...monkey do wraps his Extreme Euphoria CD and shoves it way back back in the wardrobe somewhere behind Edmund's turkish delight in fucking Narnia)

Back