The new Korg Digital Legacy package

Who the fuck wants a virtual M1?

I had a real one and ended up giving the fucker away....

anyone on mac osx will tell you that it was nothing short of a nightmare!
the copy they shipped out wouldnt install on current versions of mac osx.

plenty of bugs n that after the problematic install too

you can read all about it if you join the korg legacy user groups (plenty on yahoo groups; korg legacy users)

whitedog said:
i found it to be very processor intensive...

this is very very true when using the MS20 FX to run audio through the filters.

And forcing people to buy a totally new package simply to get the Wavestation upgrade is nothing short of scandalous.

There is no upgrade path from Legacy Collection to this one, so anyone who owns that and wants the latest version of the Wavestation they already bought - they have to buy it again and pay for a fucking virtual M1 they may or may not want.

Bullshit.

Ott^ said:
...a fucking virtual M1 they may or may not want...

"May or may not"? Ever the diplomat... anyone wanting the 'M1' sound would be better off investing in a bitcrusher. Oh, what's that you say? "Logic and SX come bundled with a bitcrusher"? Cool, that's even more money saved.

Mind you, 'Universe' was a pretty cool sound for its time. But not after the 100th time.

Now all we need is for Roland to make a virtual D50 and we're sorted for stringybell pads and a much-needed 80s revival. Let me know when its over.

Ott^ said:
And forcing people to buy a totally new package simply to get the Wavestation upgrade is nothing short of scandalous.

There is no upgrade path from Legacy Collection to this one, so anyone who owns that and wants the latest version of the Wavestation they already bought - they have to buy it again and pay for a fucking virtual M1 they may or may not want.

Bullshit.

Please yourself.

The site says it's $99 (dollars) to upgrade in the US and refers to local distributers for local offers. You might consider that too much, but no-one is forcing anyone to upgrade.

I haven't got the original legacy, so *if* the price is right on this, I'm interested.

I wasn't fussed about the original package (someone gave me a *cough* extended demo version to try out). I wasn't ever-so impressed with the analogue emulation. I also wasn't interested in the laughable mini keyboard.

However - I did/do like the Wavestation. I used to own the SR version may years ago and loved the sound. I also like the sound of the wavestation in the copy I had given to me.

So - that's why I say I'm interested in this. If it comes in at the right price, I might very well buy.

If no-one else is interested, no skin off my nose...

Here's something that might kill it for me though: it needs a USB dongle.

Arse.

Well, you may have poo-poo'd it, but it's being well received.

The dongle is the same as the Cubase one, so only one dongle required.

£99.

The M1 goes above and beyond the original with new features (filters etc.).

I'd certainly be interested in a demo version.

Me and a mate installed a "demo" version of this on his machine, which has an EMU1212-M card installed.

It had the same effect on his system as physically removing the soundcard. Couldn't get a squeak out of any apps after that.

De-installing and a system restore put it all right again.

Evaluation over.

Warwick Bassmonkey said:
Me and a mate installed a "demo" version of this on his machine, which has an EMU1212-M card installed.

It had the same effect on his system as physically removing the soundcard. Couldn't get a squeak out of any apps after that.

De-installing and a system restore put it all right again.

Evaluation over.

:ilol:

So did you like it or not?

Erm, there is no official demo as far as I know, so was this a "demo" with a nudge and a wink perhaps?

Maybe it had a virus payload or similar?

Purusha said:
Erm, there is no official demo as far as I know, so was this a "demo" with a nudge and a wink perhaps?

Maybe it had a virus payload or similar?

Even official demos get scanned for viruses.

I haven't tried it on anything else yet tho', so may yet be an EMU card quirk. We've had issues with it before.

Maybe it was something in the water.

Back