The root of all evil?

Warwick Bassmonkey

Average Sized Member
Reaction score
Did anyone see this on Channel 4 last night?

I thought Richard Dawkins has real guts sticking his neck out like that. I mean, he is almost asking for some fundamentalist to take him out for some sort of blasphemy.

But I guess if that happened, it would just prove him right, wouldn't it?

No scientist would dream of blowing a fundamentalist's head off just for claiming that evolution theory was a delusion.

I thought it was very refreshing that something like this was allowed to be aired. I'd started to think this kind of thing was not allowed anymore.

Roll on the next installment.

beyondmirrors

Junior Members
Reaction score
Warwick Bassmonkey said:
Did anyone see this on Channel 4 last night?

I though Richard Dawkins has real guts sticking his neck out like that. I mean, he is almost asking for some fundamentalist to take him out for some sort of blasphemy.

But I guess if that happened, it would just prove him right, wouldn't it?

No scientist would dream of blowing a fundamentalist's head off just for claiming that evolution theory was a delusion.

I thought it was very refreshing that something like this was allowed to be aired. I'd started to think this kind of thing was not allowed anymore.

Roll on the next installment.

I missed it. Doh

Do you know if its on again?

SugarPixie

unforgoatable
Reaction score
I read an article in New Scientist earlier this year about how the biggest threat to science at the moment is fundamentalism.. And more people are converting to it apprently - though people following organised religion in general has been declining, fundamentalism is having a big increase.

Really annoyed I missed this program..

D

dave arc-i

one is 467mb the other 778mb - click the link the info is there

RedZebra

Reaction score
Yeah I enjoyed this show - I didn't find it a very "deep" analysis, but it was worth it just for his scathing attacks on the naive sheep who still believe in religion (IMHO).

I think it's a series so check it out next week.