the war on drugs is an unmitigated disaster

Reactions: rah
Cheery stuff thanks Rah.

I can't comment on anything coming out of Asia as I know nothing of any of the societies over there. But each country does have a long history of psychoactive use and its gunna take more than one active psycho to put an end to human nature. How long til the moral brigade realise this?

its gunna take more than one active psycho to put an end to human nature. How long til the moral brigade realise this?

I would guess about as long as it takes them to realise they can't put an end to other men buggering each other. I'm not holding my breath. Perhaps 1000 years? Possibly never?

One of the things Gordon Brown's government did was to reclassify cannabis from class C to class B after Tony Blair's government had done the opposite. At the time, Gordon Brown stated that “cannabis on the streets is now of a lethal quality”. Gordon Brown's father was a christian minister.

One of the things Theresa May did while she was Home Secretary was to introduce the Psychoactive Substances Bill which, now that it's passed into law effectively criminalises getting out of one's head using literally any substance whatsoever that isn't on a very short list of exemptions, top of which is alcohol. Theresa May's father was a christian minister.

On my reading list: The American Disease: Origins of Narcotic Control by David F. Musto

I suspect they are conflating spice with actual cannabis plant

I would guess about as long as it takes them to realise they can't put an end to other men buggering each other. I'm not holding my breath. Perhaps 1000 years? Possibly never?

One of the things Gordon Brown's government did was to reclassify cannabis from class C to class B after Tony Blair's government had done the opposite. At the time, Gordon Brown stated that “cannabis on the streets is now of a lethal quality”. Gordon Brown's father was a christian minister.

One of the things Theresa May did while she was Home Secretary was to introduce the Psychoactive Substances Bill which, now that it's passed into law effectively criminalises getting out of one's head using literally any substance whatsoever that isn't on a very short list of exemptions, top of which is alcohol. Theresa May's father was a christian minister.

On my reading list: The American Disease: Origins of Narcotic Control by David F. Musto
Yet there are a large amount of references to psychoactive usage in the bible

Tonnes of essays on the subject. For example

I'm not so sure:

“I have always been very strongly of the view that cannabis is unacceptable and we have got to send a message,” he added.

Brown said he was particularly worried about the growing use of skunk cannabis, which he described as “more lethal”.

I suspect they're just lying.

Last edited:
I suspect they're just lying.
Never underestimate the ignorance of both the prohibinists and the law givers.

The idea that cannabis is lethal is easy to rebute. Unless you go down the smoking causes cancer root. But cannabis doesn't have to be smoked, and smoking anything is not great on health. As you well know

Last edited:
Aye, it's another reason we haven't smoked any for over a year. But I fucking love it.

I gave up smoking weed and started vaping it. And I wish I made the swap sooner. Imo vaping weed is so much better than smoking it, in all departments I can think of

I actually like the feeling of smoking and I love rolling the perfect spliff every time. I like much less the feeling of dread of the consequences of smoking and the cough I inevitably end up developing.

How do you actually vape it? You get some oil and vape that or is there a machine you can put the actual bud in?

Get a dry herb vape. You just prepare it the usual way if for a spliff.

Don't get me wrong I loved spliffs but I always planned to give them up before I was 40. But now I've found a better alternative its no dramas

I currently use the Nectar v2.

Bez uses a dry herb vape aswell

I think that's probably generous of you to attribute some confusion. More likely a mix of puritanism and general ignorance, with a sprinkle of lobbying from business twats (alcohol and pharmaceuticals).

I just watched this video.

TBF, the jury is out for me on this you tube channel as a whole. I just posted this as a starting point for info on opiates in the US. It has the pertinent info: Sackler Family -> Over prescription of drugs -> opiate addictions. I would imagine there is way more to it.

Back