This is techno

I once sold a dozen vinyl. It nearly killed me.
Why on earth did you give away your tunes you nut-case!!??!! :p

[/quote]

Mid life crisis I guess.

Gave crates of the stuff away to one of my employees at the time. He was into music so I thought what the hell he might as well have it.

Kept a crate of dub and downtempo stuff for myself though (partly because nobody wanted it, which was strange) which is somewhere in the garage gathering dust.

Also I used to keep the more select stuff in a separate area. These were the rarities, the white labels and the more upfront stuff that I was spinning on a more frequent basis. One day my ex-missus went through them, butchering the lot with a knife. She was trying to make a point that I was not spending enough time with her (or whatever) and destroyed what (in her opinion) was the dearest to me at the time. Not cool.

I guess she was successful in making that point but there was no need to go through the records. Ironically she got knocked up by some other dude so that was the end of that relationship anyway...

If that was me the relationship would have been over the moment she layed hands on my rekkids!

WAC.

Also I used to keep the more select stuff in a separate area. These were the rarities, the white labels and the more upfront stuff that I was spinning on a more frequent basis. One day my ex-missus went through them, butchering the lot with a knife. She was trying to make a point that I was not spending enough time with her (or whatever) and destroyed what (in her opinion) was the dearest to me at the time. Not cool.

I guess she was successful in making that point but there was no need to go through the records. Ironically she got knocked up by some other dude so that was the end of that relationship anyway...[/quote]

That is like THE most upsetting thing i've read....on all counts.
Sorry to hear, dude.
I can't even think of a punishment that is sufficient(/appropriate) for her/that sort of behaviour.

This is very nice.

just found about this man .. amazing !
i think this track belongs here

this is (psy) techno

minimal criminal are awesome

you dont get the full depth in this youtube version...but the proper one digs deep & rocks hard.

Sounds like dark prog to me, but I can definitely hear the techno elements. I dig this style. You into Opsy too?

it goes beyond prog & back into techno if you ask me...bare bones shiz cannot be prog be definition can it?..you wouldnt believe what im into, for all my babble about psy :Wink3:

but yeah i like a few opsy tunes

its techno in the same vein as producers like plankton & M.A.D.A and stripped down chuggers of that nature are.

I'm loving dub/ambient techno at the moment. Anything by Deepchord, Echo space,Basic channel, Fluxion. Really nice introspective stuff.

its this sorta thing, on slightly different drugs

Much prefer that to the other track, it has a much nicer feel to it IMHO. And has more groove.

my favourite music today was the system7 remix of evan marc/bluetech's honey in the heart. I'd really love to hear more music in that sort of style - is it sort of melodic techno?

at the moment I have some dj heather mixes playing which sometime wander into the same area from the house side of the continuum - i love it when there's a bit of chicago jackin vibe* to it all - rocking along at the moment at 129 bpm and sounding fine!

http://es.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/158433-01.htm - this jump to tha funk track was the tune playing

is there much music around yet with the same sort of groove but nicer noises?

*http://ravearchive.com/mixtapes/Derrick_Carter (uploads of cassette tape 90s mixes by derrick carter - sometimes a bit lo-fi but incredible beats in amongst)

I'm loving dub/ambient techno at the moment. Anything by Deepchord, Echo space,Basic channel, Fluxion. Really nice introspective stuff.

Hello Techno thread. Anyone got any more dub tech recommendations. Stuff similar to Sasquatch's selection.

This is a similar mix I've been well into for a while now

I gather some Luke Hess also gets quite dubby.

Evan Marc (Bluetech) also has some great tunes in this style.

Maybe a new thread?

Hello Techno thread. Anyone got any more dub tech recommendations. Stuff similar to Sasquatch's selection.

This is a similar mix I've been well into for a while now

I gather some Luke Hess also gets quite dubby.

Evan Marc (Bluetech) also has some great tunes in this style.

Maybe a new thread?

That was the mix that got me into it :Smile3:

Back