This ought to be unbelievable

MadcapMagician

Role model
Reaction score
I got this e-mail today - are there any Arabic speakers on here that can confirm the subtitles are correct?

Friends,
Today, Jews were murdered in the streets of Netanya. My
husband happened to be nearby, and the explosion took place
not far from the Park Hotel, where my family gathered during
the Passover Massacre, from which we emerged unscathed, with
God's help.

You will no doubt find many commentators who will tell you
why, after the disengagement, another suicide bomber blew
himself up today in Netanya. But the true reason lies in
the video you will see on MEMRI's website.

http://tinyurl.com/dq2yr

Please watch this and forward this. Our conflict is not a
land dispute. These people hate Jews.

mr_faster

ecomingonecomingonstrong
Reaction score
WTF!

that is twisted :Sad:

i cannot see any way in which that is justified. So so sooooo f**ked up.

and talk about holding a grudge, they are persecuting jews for something that supposedly happened a very very longtime ago.

the bit where they say: she tried to poison him - so he killed her

- she tried to kill him, so he killed her

you cant fight fire with fire - water is better :Smile3:

stupid, ignorant people :Sad:

just wrong, so very, very wrong

whatever happened to love thy neighbour?

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Reaction score

josh

marathon solo-sessionahoy
Reaction score
Well, even though MEMRI appears to be extremely partisan and biased in the events it broadcasts - the article does comment that "Nobody, so far as I know, disputes the general accuracy of Memri's translations". Reading the Guardian article does point to concerns about the broadcaster but the fact remains that pieces such as those in Madcap's link are being displayed throughout the Arabic world - even though there may be more moderate views also expressed, it doesn't stop the fact that these are too and that there presumably is support for these views for them to be so.

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Reaction score
The I"D"F soldier who emptied a full clip of automatic ammunition into a 13 year old Palestinian girl 'just to be sure' probably had a similar view going in the other direction.

Doesn't make it right.

Israel should not be where it is - end of.

J.

josh

Reaction score
JPsychodelicacy said:
The I"D"F soldier who emptied a full clip of automatic ammunition into a 13 year old Palestinian girl 'just to be sure' probably had a similar view going in the other direction..

J.

I prefer to base my impressions on empirical evidence as opposed to possibilities based on circumstances with multiple issues surrounding.

jpsycho said:
Israel should not be where it is

thats a seperate issue to the one being discussed.

TranceVisuals

Banned
Reaction score
*edited*

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
yodhe said:
Errr Hitler didn't go to war over the Jews.... It was inspired by his
desire to be the new Napoleon/Charlemange whatever. He just viewed
the jews as another alien race that had nothing to do with the European/Ayran
people, an unfortunate extension of the nationalistic plague that had been
going around. That their judaic god wasn't the same as "ours/his".
'He Just Viewed'...?

Thats putting it mildly, infact that is putting it TOO mildly.

You still seem to have missed my point tho lol WW2 is commonly considered the war to help the jews that where being perscuted, and this is what I was refering to.

Why do you refer to it as the nationalistic plauge?...considering your post earlier about 9/11, it doesnt follow

O

Ott^

All this demonstrates is that some people decide to brainwash their kids to hate others.

This is not news.

Here is a website in honour of Baruch Goldstein - the guy who went into the Cave of the Patriachs in Hebron, Israel, and opened fire with a sub machine gun - killing 29 people and injuring about 100 others.

He is regarded as a hero by some of the more wingnut right wingers in Israel.

Discuss.

Warwick Bassmonkey

Average Sized Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I find it hard to get my head around the fact that, when I wake up in the morning, I can relax in the knowledge that, half way around the world, there are several million people that have never met me, yet hate me enough to want to hack my limbs off and then tow my burning corpse through the streets, simply because of the fact that my parents had it off in a this country rather than theirs.

And some of them are only 3.

Gives me a warm cosy feeling, that does.

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Reaction score
Don't worry yourself too much, WB - such folk are few and far between. I'm more concerned with the folk here who hate people that much, of which there are plenty.

Let us not forget that the 'contractors' (read : mercenaries) killed in Falluja were implicated in the murder of innocent civilians - his unfortunately put the reaction of the locals over boiling point.

I note that Ahmadinejad has taken a step further into out-and-out Holocaust denial... a serious shot in the foot this time.

Is there mileage in saying that the Holocaust does not excuse the behaviour of the right wing in Israel? Hell yeah. But there's no mileage whatsoever in denying that it happened.

J. (Though I note that far too many people focus exclusively on the Jews, and gloss over the handicapped, the left-wingers and others considered untermensch by the Nazis)

josh

Reaction score
I have to say that I have never heard anyone use the expression: 'may G-d avenge his blood' in religious circles, and I have spoken to many pretty right-wing people. Those views must be expressed by a pretty small minority* - I don't know anyone that would use or stand for that language.

I'm not being defensive, I'm just commenting.

*well actually they are as the article and its link makes out.

jibberer

Jibbering Wreck
Reaction score
It is very easy to manipulate a translation to suit your own ends, especially between languages as different as Arabic and English. I don't speak Arabic but I can think of a small example from Japanese. The sentence " George Bush kirai desu", can be quite acuratly translated as either I don't like George Bush, or George Bush doesn't like it. There are better examples but I can't think of one right now... Never underestimate the power of a translator!

Urk

Total Member
Reaction score
jibberer said:
It is very easy to manipulate a translation to suit your own ends, especially between languages as different as Arabic and English. I don't speak Arabic but I can think of a small example from Japanese. The sentence " George Bush kirai desu", can be quite accurately translated as either I don't like George Bush, or George Bush doesn't like it. There are better examples but I can't think of one right now... Never underestimate the power of a translator!
The point I was about to make.

As far as I see it, his last comments could have been taken in a context and blown out of proportion to suit US / Israeli ends. I believe they say it every year, as a sort of tradition.... Only this year, a big deal was made ( what with the US / Is Sabre rattling going down at the moment.)
All these comments also fall neatly into Bush's axis of evil BS. All fits a bit too cosily for my liking.
( Although, he is lumped now with the common knowledge that at least one point of his nasty triangle turned out to be no threat what-so-ever - the the following logic is, why should we believe you this time ).

In the Guardian's translation, when you get past the headline "Holocaust a myth, says Iranian president", you find that in fact, what he said was :
"Today, they have created a myth in the name of Holocaust and consider it to be above God, religion and the prophets."
Which is hardly 100% either way really. It doesn't defiantly say " it never happened", it could say that it did happen, but you can't use that as justification to break the laws of the land and God. ( i.e. the oppression of the Palestinian people ).
When coupled with what he went on to say, that it was basically a European problem of their own creation, and asks why it is that the Palestinians are made to pay for it.

Will be interesting to see how things turn out, as of course we might all have it wrong when in weeks to come, a more accurate version appears. But to take as read these things, on the strength of such early reports, is a little pre-mature imho.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,12858,1667355,00.html

J said:
Let us not forget that the 'contractors' (read : mercenaries) killed in Falluja were implicated in the murder of innocent civilians - his unfortunately put the reaction of the locals over boiling point.
Was that anything to do with this ?
http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=MAD20051201&articleId=1381

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Reaction score
No, but the 'Coalition' has been using mercenaries to get around the 'treatment of civilians by the military' issue. These guys can and have committed murder and got away scot-free. It's only a matter of time before people crack.

J.

grokit23

God mintsmak
Reaction score
Urk said:
At the end of the Telegraph article:
Last night a spokesman for the Foreign Office said: "Aegis have assured us that there is nothing on the video to suggest that it has anything to do with their company. This is now a matter for the American authorities because Aegis is under contract to the United States."
Note how they say there is nothing on the video to suggest a relation, but don't deny it was made by people in the employ of the company, before passing the buck to the USA.