TIP Future Releases

Geoff3 Jan 21, 2004

1. Geoff3

Geoff3 Direct DJ

Threads:
    Anybody got any further info on these releases?
    TIP compilations are usually spot on. Looking forward to these...
    and a new Alien Project CD sounds tempting, I thought "Aztechno Dream"
    was a classic album, but he needs to develop the sound or change, cause his recent compilation tracks all sound like Aztechno Dream remixed.

Digital Collusions And Analogue Intrusions
    Various
    TIPWCD33
    02/02/04
    Compiled By Rikki Rokkit

Groovy
    Alien Project
    TIPWCD34
    23/02/04

Red
    Various
    TIPWCD35
    15/03/04

2. fractalated

fractalated nihilist

Threads:
    details: the new Alan Amateur-jekt will sound exactly like Aztechno Dream remixed....and the other two compilations will have basslines that go pop-a-dom-pop-a-dom and synth stabs which go swish. then there will be a four beat bar with no bass and it will all start again :Wink3:

3. goa_kev

goa_kev Forum Member

Threads:
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~ed~ @ Jan 21 2004, 05:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> details: the new Alan Amateur-jekt will sound exactly like Aztechno Dream remixed....and the other two compilations will have basslines that go pop-a-dom-pop-a-dom and synth stabs which go swish. then there will be a four beat bar with no bass and it will all start again :Wink3: [/quote:d01bfe7d35]
    Not a fan of TIP I see. :P

I loved Aztechno Dream but i'm holding out hope that Ari with have a new style n sound! :Smile3: Variety being the spice of life n all! :Grin:

4. superfreak

superfreak Junior Members

Threads:
    I thought Aztechno dream had a very short shelf life
    I got bored of it within a week

5. Continuum

Continuum Throb Farmer

Threads:
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (superfreak @ Jan 21 2004, 06:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I thought Aztechno dream had a very short shelf life
    I got bored of it within a week [/quote:9f84446293]
    yeah - dunno what all the fuss was about. The mastering had a really bright brash sound and that made the album tiring on the ears, and as for all the instantly recognisable movie clips, I just hate that :Sad:

6. fractalated

fractalated nihilist

Threads:
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (superfreak @ Jan 21 2004, 06:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I thought Aztechno dream had a very short shelf life
    I got bored of it within a week [/quote:6d25d39144]
    same as most recent tip releases - through you quicker than a spicy dish from raja's (adopted) homeland :Wink3:

7. Trip Head

Trip Head Junior Members

Threads:
    Yeh, a lot of TIP is all the same. But so is a lot of psy trance.

I thought the Aztechno Dream album had some great tracks, especially Silent Running! So I'll wait and see what the latest offering has in store, hopefully it won't be so formulaic :no:

8. paradice

paradice Junior Members

Threads:
    Dont diss A.P. His production is fuckin good. Although i do see it happening, artists producing 2 or more tracks that use the exact same sounds. Like Alien Project and Logic Bomb. Both , very good when on form but surley this is a blatent use of artistry to make a bit of money. I see psy trance as a very non profit genere which also leads to the question, how much money does these artists make? UK artists: Not a lot!

But acts like A.P, Logic Bomb and any other well know israeli act/DJ must be able to live very comfortably. Unless they are like me nd spend it on new equipment!

9. Buddha Fingaz

Buddha Fingaz Zip Zap Rap

Threads:
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trip Head @ Jan 21 2004, 09:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yeh, a lot of TIP is all the same. But so is a lot of psy trance. [/quote:5a8ffbc629]
    Good point. So much 'full-on' is incredibly similar...progressive, however... :Wink3:

10. forgotten

forgotten ..::mUnTsvillE::..

Threads:
    tip arnt like they use to be, i hate how they have tried to follow the israli style. they just dont stand out from the rest anymore :no: a bit like most of the full on at the moment...

rob :Grin:

11. Red five

Red five jah mangled spanner

Threads:
    >buddha fingaz
    >Good point. So much 'full-on' is incredibly similar...progressive, however... [/QUOTE]

why is richard doing a comp? he's a breaks dj.

Sorry Buddha boy, but apart from a few acts like son kite, atmos, vibrasphere etc...and the occasional plusquam release most prog is pretty wack...good house music on the other hand....mmmm...medicin8

right crazy things gwan with me post at the moment, so heres the rest.

will everyone stop whining on about how it's not as good as it used to be? please? i could moan about hoiw it's not as good as it was "Back in the day, Around 93-96" but i realise music, like everything else must change to avoid stagnancy, and a slow death...a bit like pop will eat itself were toward the end...

12. Buddha Fingaz

Buddha Fingaz Zip Zap Rap

Threads:
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Red five @ Jan 23 2004, 02:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Sorry Buddha boy, but apsrt from a few acts like son kite, atmos, vibrasphere etc...and the occasional plusquam release most prog is pretty wack...good house music on the other hand....mmmm...medicin8 [/quote:f4117b10c7]
    Point taken Mr 5 :Smile3: Guess I just haven't been that enamoured by the new year's recent brace of full-on, though admittedly the 'tweakers' comp and the Suria album have got my feet tapping.

The Oryx and Puzzled albums have really sparked my interest recently, and I've been enthusiastically sifting through my prog psy collection as well as all my prog house stuff from 2001/2/3 ...hence my enthusiasm for prog at the mo. Though yes, some prog is boring cack! :lol1:

13. Liquid Ross

Liquid Ross Forum Member

Threads:
    lucas also plays a bit of progressive house and breaks, his psytrance cd as great so many richard's will also be in this direction ...
    heard new tracks of 'Melovskys' ... who did the Purple Haze track on 6-Stringadelic ... with the Snatch sample .... 'London ...bad weather, fishnchips mary-fucking-poppins' and every now n then pops in 'f**k-off'
    have to agree that aztechno-dream lasted bout a week in my cd wallat, well at least we can expect that much ...

there was supposed to be 'smokers and tokers' cd coming out, not sure what or when that happening ...

red cd, (??) maybe a return to old skool as seen with yellow cd etc ... i know it's tips 10 year ann. this year and an intention to celebrate it too ...

tip not wot it use to be - for sure, but bad thing or not - it's better to progress or change than be stangant and do the 'same old same old'

xx

14. Geoff3

Geoff3 Direct DJ

Threads:
    Yeah that melovskys 12" sounds interesting...

I think getting DJ's who are slightly off the normal Full on Tip sound (Lucas, Richard) is a good plan for TIP at the moment, give the label a bit more depth.

Hopefully Alien Project will develop as well...!?

I reckon u are right about "Red", Ross it must be the next in TIP colours series.... I didn't realise it was there 10th anniversary.

15. generaljoe

generaljoe Member

Threads:
    It's gonna be "hits of val doonican" by 1200 mics, innit? First 1000 get a limited edition Roger Whittaker / Raja Ram CD single, "The Ganges Boat Song".

Well, from past performance it might as well be.

16. psychedelVic

psychedelVic (~'~)

Threads:
    As psy-trance goes i think Aztechno Dreams was a classic album. That's just an opinion.
    It's so true, since then AP's had various tracks on comps which have been alrite but in truth re-workings of previous tracks, mix-it here and there and re-sell it.

Paradice, you've hit the nail on the head mate: it does beg the question how much are these int/artists making? They're probably rinsing it i reckon(rinsing in relative terms).

For AP to stay on top we def need to see something new, an evolution in the sound, a different angle/style or whatever. Just don't put the same tracks(or similar sounding tracks) out in different order with a different cover and re-sell it pleeease!!

We psy-headz are well fcukin demanding!! We want it PSY, we want it NOOOW!!! :speaker: :Smile3: :Grin: :lol1: :P

17. Abstraction

Abstraction happy juice

Threads:
    aztechno dream was a good album, but not as good as dance or die. but thats ok cos very few albums are as good as dance or die.

18. goa_kev

goa_kev Forum Member

Threads:
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Double_Helix @ Jan 30 2004, 04:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> aztechno dream was a good album, but not as good as dance or die. but thats ok cos very few albums are as good as dance or die. [/quote:4df264233e]
    Track 4, yea baby! :Wink3:

19. damion

damion Pound Shop Alex Petridis

Threads:
    what in tintern abbey are you talking about?
    hold on, "RED" ??

as in yellow, orange, blue?

:blink: :blink:

hmm i reckon it's time for more build em up, knock em down action :Smile3:

20. Red five

Red five jah mangled spanner

Threads:
    the digital illusions one put together by rikki rokkit (Richard) is actually more in an Electrohouse/techtrance kinda vein...

I reckon it might be interesting, no doubt everybody will slag them off for doing something different...