To all you jugglers out there!!!

PaleRider Dec 11, 2002

1. Jay5

Jay5 Junior Members

Threads:
    i glowstick, which involves a bit of juggerling but just with 2 for me at the moment, been doing it about 9 months. I'm still no where near as good as i want to be though :huh:

www.glowsticking.com <-- good site for videos if anyones interested.

I love just wacking on a cd and imerse myself in my own world for an hour with a couple of glowsticks.

:Grin: B) :ph34r: :baa: :byebye:

Jp

2. mangakitten

mangakitten Guest

Hey!

I can't juggle at all, but I spin poi and I know two of you guys through poi! Deviant - I assume you're Dee? As in Owen's pal? Hello! johanna here. And Cole, I know you too! Cool!

I've been doing poi for about a year and a half and go to the spitz workshop most weeks, so I guess I might know more of you without realising it.

So anyway, hello!

mangakitten xx

PS just read these messages through again and saw Ant's - hi Ant!

3. rastaroots

rastaroots Guest

:smokingr:

hi, im from brazil and don´t speak english to mutch right, but i love psychedelic , goa , trance and all things like this!
    plys ,don´t left me, i now that my english must be the 'great fuck' tha you see but don´t :lol1: me!

a like to understand how can i do to "move" in the forum..
    i need someone heeeeeeelp :crazy:
    thanks

:shrooms:

4. Abstraction

Abstraction happy juice

Threads:
    Hellooooooo

My weapon of choice is poi, but i juggle (im the only person i know who can do some quite interesting 1 ball juggling) and i can do a bit of staff and contact juggling.

theres nothing like setting stuff on fire and swinging it round your head :Grin:

5. Pheadra

Pheadra My other ride is your mum

Threads:
    Hey all,

I cant Juggle to save my life but I love spinning Poi and I'm just getting into dabbling with fire poi, so any advice would be amazing!!!

:sun:

6. psy-fly

psy-fly anti-rat (i.e. no cheese)

Threads:
    yeh me too, cant juggle for the life of me much prefer the aul pois. i have fire ones but have set them on fire yet.

sorry im not being very helpful, check out www.homeofpoi.com tis pretty good theres also another thread on here about pois, some more experienced people than me, probably a better source of useful info
    :mushrooms: + :juggle: = :lol:

7. vallyon

vallyon Junior Members

Threads:
    I've been spinnin poi for about 3 years and love it. burnt myself badly when i wrapped one round my arm tho. don't ever do that. been dabblin in staffage, found the cheapest kind of fire staff is a mop soaked in parrafin. :Grin: that looks amazing. make sure no one is standing anywhere near you when it starts to fall apart tho!

8. linziloop

linziloop The Puppeteer

Threads:
    <span style='color:purple'>Found the juggley club in carlisle, thers some excellent jugglers there. Not just juggling though, oh no, we gets to do every circus type thing we wanna. Almost. I got into poi first, then fire poi, then staf, then fire staff, and now ive got me some devil stciks too. STILL can't juggle however, haven't got the patience to fit with the amount of times a drop the balls... Gettin pretty shit hot at the poi, and learned some cool stuff with the staff last week that im in the process of perfecting.... what else can i say? Everybody should try once...</span>

9. benny fli

benny fli no comment

Threads:
    last week i was swinging my firesticks so fast that i actually took off and flew for 5 metres (about 14 feet). was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?

10. Continuum

Continuum Throb Farmer

Threads:
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (benny fli @ Apr 22 2004, 12:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> last week i was swinging my firesticks so fast that i actually took off and flew for 5 metres (about 14 feet). was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience? [/quote:df550ea271]
    I think that your experiences in general are pretty unique and I doubt anyone else could come close.

11. mince

mince Junior Members

Threads:
    :no: :shrooms: :goodthre: :speaker: :lmao:

12. mince

mince Junior Members

Threads:
    well i managed to juggle 5 glow sticks, 3 and a half pairs of white gloves and a carrot last weekend at the rocket club. was a real treat for everyone watching. i think jungle jim manged to get a few pictures of me in full swing as well, jim? any chance of posting a couple of pics for the lads? (and lasses!)

13. benny fli

benny fli no comment

Threads:
    i think i saw you do that mince, was most impressed. who is your master / guru type person?

14. benny fli

benny fli no comment

Threads:
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AlternateContinuum @ Apr 22 2004, 01:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (benny fli @ Apr 22 2004, 12:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> last week i was swinging my firesticks so fast that i actually took off and flew for 5 metres (about 14 feet). was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience? [/quote:b41a63ad0e]
    I think that your experiences in general are pretty unique and I doubt anyone else could come close. [/quote:b41a63ad0e]
    well when i say fly, i dont actually mean fly in the sense of the word of being off the ground but my feet were in the air most of the time and i wasnt doing lots of silly jumps or nothing.

but if you call it flying then i think we're pretty much in agreement, not like a starling but more an invisible mad parrot that has been sitting on a branch way too long because thats what its all about really and thats why i poi nightly (at least i do after i've drunk too much beer, not in a bad way but in a tangent to that)

15. benny fli

benny fli no comment

Threads:
    and thats the gospel truth, you can take it to the bank if you use them which you probably dont being hippies n all, though if you do barclays are doing cracking rates at the moment

16. mince

mince Junior Members

Threads:
    my master / guru type person goes by the name of 'Starbuck Steve' i think he's now living in Hull or maybe Skegness, haven't seen him for ages last i heard he tried to juggle 6 industrial chain saws going for the guiness book of world records and sadly lost an arm, terrible business. thank god roy castle wasnt around to witness the affair!

17. benny fli

benny fli no comment

Threads:
    isnt starbuck steve the protege of coffee republic kim who was killed to death by strangulation when her poi ropes rapped themselves round her neck whilst she was spinning sadly leaving her dead beyond any hope of resucitation? nasty business that, oooh...

18. j_s

j_s Junior Members

Threads:
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ott^ @ Jul 5 2003, 11:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I've whacked myself in the mush with poi before and gracefully decided to leave it to the people who are good at it.

Its a coordination thing i think. Or lack of it.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: [/quote:1d5f2a2e43]
    Well, at least you didn't set your face on fire.
    Believe me, it's a lot worse.

19. mince

mince Junior Members

Threads:
    10 on 10 benny fly! wow you certainly know your onions. rumour has it Coffee Kim was tring to emulate that famous scene from Moonraker (where the chap throws the bowlass round the neck of the dummy blowing it to smithereens) in the Rex Club last year during an Infected Mushroom live set. except she substituted the dummy for an unsuspecting member of the band on stage and everything went drasticly wrong, taking an Infected head clean off!! what a shocker of a night that was, unbelievable stuff!!!

20. benny fli

benny fli no comment

Threads:
    if you burn yourself doing poi you really have no business doing it in the first place and are just giving the rest of us a bad name and making us look stupid (not too difficult to do really)
    if you really want to do it fisher price have got a range for beginners with non burning fire lanterns, you'll find them next to the baby chillums and the thai dye tot range

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice