Top 10 Top 10 Classic Parties you have been to

Gandu

Reaction score
humm...this will be an easy one for me since i haven't been to too many.

1) My first one at Bamboo Forest around christmas of 99. The location was just insane...imagine a "gangsta" (yeah..i was totally into hip-hop back then) goin' to psytrance party in a forest...yes..it was insane! That was also my first week when i came across cream...so double the fun. :rolleyes:

2) Disco Valley...the night after ^...same state of mind :sleepy:

3) Hiltop...again...the night after ^...also same state of mind (finally managed to get a couple of hours of sleep that morning at the party) :zzz:

4) A small party (on campus..but outdoor by the ocean) I had on my b-day in florida (a week short of 2 years ago)with about 10 other ppl...also my first trip...which was totally unexpected cuz i had NO clue what i was gettin' into...and on top of that took 2.5 gel tabs...bad choice but thanx to the music it was totally under control. :wacko:

5) Goa Therapy in Athens last Thursday. (my first party in almost 2 years...so it had to be fun :Grin: )

6) Arambol...would have been great but too bad it got busted :angry:

7-10) Various other partiez in Goa.

Moonquake

not a bum!
Reaction score
ok, as I never thaught about a precised classification, my top 3 would be something like that ( excluding the festivals...):

1) maybe because it was my first real party, and maybe because it was much better before...: Escape from Samsara, august 1999, the Fridge, Brixton, london... what a party!!!! revelation, TRANCE, my new passion!!! I felt the light this night!!! :Grin: :Grin:
2) Bhodisatva, november 1999, Paris... this party has a really mad story for me and my friends: we decided to go there 2 days before, but the thing is that we didnt live in Paris and we had to drive 4.30 hours to get there, spent 9 hours jumping everywhere in the Shinagora in Paris ( a famous very corporate leisure centre in Paris, I dont know how the promoters managed to rent the coktail room B) B) !!!!!), at 10 am when we decided it was time to go back to our home, one of my friend realised he lost his car's keys, but in fact he just forgot them and they stayed during the whole night on the door of the car in the car park......... :wacko: :wacko: ..... then we drove back to home but just 80 km before arriving, one of the cars broke down!!!! no more fuel!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: we managed to resolve the problem and got back home safe!!!! we spent 9 hours driving and 9 hours in the party!!!!!!!! craaaaazy!!!...but it was very funy!
3) The light of Shiva, 2000, Grenoble, France, very very nice party, very nice vibes...and Shiva Yorg during more than 8 hours!!!!! unforgetable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boom!

snafu

I suck (apparently)
Reaction score
My top few parties (it's probably going to run ver however many I say) in no particular order:
The first Earthdance in Brixton Academy '95 or '96 With Banco de Gaia and Hallucinogen live
Astral Projection in Tyssen ST 2000 (Cosmic Carrot)
Space Tribe at The Stratford Rex (Enlightenment 2002)
Green Nuns of the Revolution (Guilfin patrty @ The Drome sometime mid '90's)
Infected Mushroom Tyssen Street (Enlightenment 2000)

I think I'll stop there cos I could go on for ages

Goagabba

Lost in Europe
Reaction score
Here goes :Wink3: :

An Alien Safari party in South Africa 2000 with Dino, Shane Gobi and many others. No strobes, no lasers, just UV. Very trippy

Various Moonchild Express (pre Alien Safari) parties. The best one being on my doorstep at home. Got very drunk one day, and heard music and saw lights from across the bay. Got in the car, went there and stumbled upon my first psy party. This must have been about 97.

Space Cat, Tyssen St

Chichime at EQ with Tristan. On my birthday 2001 (Tristan came out after the party and asked me for a lift, but my car was already full, doh!)

Various Astral Phoenix nights at EQ.

T

T-Boy

Well here goes,

My first Vortex on the "Ostrich Farm" in Cape Town 1997, 19 years old, didn't really know what I was getting myself into, had come from the house/uplifting trance scene, and had seen a flyer for for this party in the woods, with a certain Tyoshi Suzuki headlining, and thought it might be quite novel to go and take a few mates and cane it a bit harder & for a bit longer than usual in the outdoors, you see I knew it was going for 2 or 3 days, rather than a matter of hours as is usual for a club!! Can still remember driving home,dooby in hand, sun baking down, eyes wide open to this new concept, thinking this is gonna take over the world if only people knew about it man, I felt really special & priveleged to now be in the know, as if I'd seen something magical that night as it was still a pretty underground scene there at the time(word of mouth parties, no advertising, just flyers, no kwik-kut & the like websites), most people including myself just didn't really know about this scene, remember, this is a country which had just recently come out of worldwide isolation, for number of reasons, not least of all freedom alot of new things were arriving that previously would definately have been seen as undesirable, So i guess maybe alot of people considered this to be some sort of freedom of expression or rebellion to the norm even, not forgeting PLUR which the scene had plenty of, and South Africa definately could do with a good helping of considering its diabolical human rights track record !! Yeah, you could call it the start of my Summer of Love I think, we thought we were making a difference of some sort, anyone know the feeling?????

Hope I haven't gone too deep here,I actually feel I could go on & on, but I wont..................4 now that is, probably should have started a new thread or something!!

Other memorable parties have to be the fantastic annual Flying Rhino/Vortex Easter Weekenders in Cape Town, been to a few of them, probably no more tho hey??The millenium party South Africa 2000, probably the biggest psy party I been to,definately the best line up!!The party in some dodgy warehouse in Rio De Janeiro, generator broke down couple of times,but always good to meet new & up for it people on foreign turf, and Liquid Connective outdoor in Effingham 2002, they may not have the weather but certainly have the vibe, and it was also my 1st outdoor in England, which I'd been looking for the past 5 years.

Lekker.

Moonquake

not a bum!
Reaction score
defenitely guys...you make me want to travell!!!!!
I've never been to a SA, but for sure I will try an Alien Safari and Vortex party!!!!! :Wink3:

lurk

Stunning Cunt
Reaction score
this is a tough one... no particular order :

1) Return to the Source 1'st B'day (Mark Allen, Tsuyoshi & Cosmosis live) - a truly amazing atmosphere and great music

2) Sola Luna (Greece 2001) - wow! read my review for more details : http://goatrance.free.fr/parties/08-31-01.htm

3) UX live @ Thyssen Street (think it was a Skybabies night) - UX just blew me away, Kris Kylven banging on his drumkit like an even more demented version of Animal from the Muppet Show :punk:

4) Boom '98 - my first festie, perfect size (about 3 or 4 thousand ppl), wicked music (KoxBox, Pleaidians, Space Tribe). amazing deco too :Smile3:

5) Total Eclipse - Violent Relaxation launch party in North Acton - amazing music being pumped out of the Blue Room sound system... need I say more ?

fractalated

nihilist
Reaction score
1) *Samothraki* last year - too many wicked people and too much quality music in such an amazing place on the best sound system i have ever heard (should i go on...?) nothing else could be in my top slot :P

2) My first time - Astral Phoenix @ Tyssen St. - no idea who was playing but it was '99 sometime ...hearing infected mushroom - psycho in the main room :hehe:

3) Cosmosis & Banco de Gaia live @ Brixton Acadamy - one of the last Return to the Source parites :Sad: - hearing 'dissociation' for the first time :lol:

4-10) All wicked parties but the details escape me at the moment! :byebye:

P

Psy-Key

My turn?

Ok

1) The first psy-trance party i have been to: it was in Nizanim in Israel... John Ford, Junya and Total Eclipse played... awsome sets, i really enjoyed every moment...

2) Palmachim- another place in Israel, Atomic Pulse, Talamasca, and local Dj's played, the party rocked, Talamasca ruined the place...

3)Ganei Huga - it was acctually my second party to be in, great set by our locals, i enjoyed it so much...

those r my selections

forgotten

..::mUnTsvillE::..
Reaction score
right my top partys have gotta b :

1: kundalini - december time 1999 it was my first psy party and the vibe was amaizing there:Grin:

2: glastonbury1999 - wow what a week i loved it there so huge :Grin:

3: liquid connective or wild things im not sure which group it was who did the party near bracknell last summer but it was blinding mainly coz i could walk to it from my house v. messy night :punk:

4: kaos moot last summer - amaizing biggist party i have eva been to and such a good vibe there :Grin:

5: fushion sound systems party up in saverneck forest (newbury) wikkid vibe and the best tunes and mdma eva :crazy:

jsainsbury

Forum Addict
Reaction score
1)boom 2002 absolutly amazing weather location and tunes
2)NYE north acton 2002-3 mentalist squat party with 29 soundsystems in the most amazing venue
3)mindscapes @drome 2000 whoever played must of been good, but this was the first time i took acid at a psy-trance night and the first time my ego died
4)enlightenment @rex 2002 absolum/space tribe and a head full of san pedro made this a night to remember
%) loads of other parties that i cant be arsed to remember

wrongun

Junior Members
Reaction score
best partiies

1) the girl down the roads 10th birthday when i was 11 best jelly and ice cream ive ever had
2)drangon fly party in slough in about 1996/97top party im far to much of a mess to remember it
3)psychosis-land of wonders in egypt most amazing settings on the beach of the red sea and this is the first place i dj'd
4liquid connective in wouldham in 2002 lots of dust could have even been abroad if you closed your eyes
5)liquid in south africa wow even better than watching women mud wrestling :punk:

oh yeh i love a good party

wrong un :tongue1:

bassfreak

Junior Members
Reaction score
here goes:

1) Voov 2001....lights, decor & sound blew my mind ;-)
2) Rustlers Valley Easter Festival back in good old 96
3) First Aliensafari I went to, also back in 96...next to a quarry near Sir Lowry's pass (Cape Town)
4) The Wingmaker free party in Dorset last year
5) Rainbow Serpant festival near Melbourne last year
6) Tribeadelic party where Dimitri played, also around there
6) Vortex Easter Festival in 2000
7) Aliensafari party in 2000 that GoaGabba was on about (btw..u forgot Samothraki and Voov dude!)
8) The Breathingspace festival up in Norfolk in 2001
9) Sun Project at the Rex towards the end of last year
10) Space Cat at Tyssen Street when it started to snow outside...quite trippy as I'd only seen snow twice before

djdennis

Reaction score
well,i've only been to 2 partys:

sundaichai zelt-december 2002-vienna

and

purple phase 15 march 2003- london

it's hard to say which one was better,sundaichai had a great deko,more W,more light....while phase was more like a spontaneous gathering which was great too :punk:

Goagabba

Lost in Europe
Reaction score
bassfreak said:
7) Aliensafari party in 2000 that GoaGabba was on about (btw..u forgot Samothraki and Voov dude!)
Yeah, man, left them out cos they are festies. A festie and a party are two diff enitities for me :Wink3: :Smile3:

norty303

Member (Todger)
Reaction score
Hey Snafu!

The Guilfin party was Tranceformation and does stand out as one of the best. Green Nuns were so good it hurt and Aaron Liberator turning up all unexpected in the DJ room was a fucking treat!! :Grin:

That event stood out also because of the variety of acts/djs all in together playing their own styles. Lab4 also played and I can honestly say I loved it! Psy, NRG, Rave, Trance, Techno all in amongst each other...

Wiley Peyote

Junior Members
Reaction score
In no particular order

Ayahuasca @EQ
Chichime @EQ a few times,not all their parties
Astral Phoenix @EQ as well, good stuff
Digital tribe @The rex
Mindscapes 'the Drome- altime best and where it all started
Escape from samsara @the fridge - first party in london
Unity- back in Cape Town
Alien Safari in South Africa
Pharcyde and Vortex= Synergy in Cape Town every NYE
Where the Wild Things Were @ bracknell- best outdoor event ever

bassfreak

Junior Members
Reaction score
hey psycboy...you're not refering to the house club called unity that used to be in capetown are you? if so, how can you throw it in amongst all the psy parties :no: well, i guess a lot of us went through those days, but psy is the way of the future :punk: :smoke: :lol:

Wiley Peyote

Junior Members
Reaction score
yes yes yes..........i know unity is way way in the past, but it was a very special nite when it first open as we were doing the sound. Installed the PA and babysat it as well. Beeeg fuckoff of a soundsystem. EV is killer.
anyway, perhaps i should retract that one and replace it with tribe of Frog_ jungle party with Silicon Sound and england hottest birds.........
:lol: :punk: :tongue1: