Top 10 Top 10 Classic Parties you have been to

bez23

Adverse camber
Reaction score
Dont think I was there - Probs before my time.

On the topic of "can anyone remember" ...
...what was the party in London that I bumped in to you at... where X-Dream were playing a live "retro" set.

(God... isn't it scary when a "revival" set seems retro. .. so the original was double retro!) :/
Ummm, was it a Shpongle after-party? I know we both had it LARGE to X-Dream. Fuck.
I think the place was quite fancy? I remember I kept getting asked if I had any acid.
I must have looked the sort :Umnik2:

*found it. Scala in 2008. That dubulous Ott fella played too, apparently.

Nanook

In the kitchen, studio or gym.
Reaction score
Ummm, was it a Shpongle after-party? I know we both had it LARGE to X-Dream. Fuck.
I think the place was quite fancy? I remember I kept getting asked if I had any acid.
I must have looked the sort :Umnik2:

*found it. Scala in 2008. That dubulous Ott fella played too, apparently.
That's the one!

Yes mate. Large!

Nanook

In the kitchen, studio or gym.
Reaction score
* looks at link * ..

...wow.. that line up was HUGE!!

2much2young

We are the Welsh
Reaction score
Wow...This thread has opened so many windows in my mind... I don’t know where to start or how to put them in order of preference!!

So I’ll start with one of the most recent...The Bug b2b with Irration Steppas in The Melkveg, it was about this time last year...It felt like the Album cover to Aswad’s A New Chapter In Dub had come to life and I was raving in the middle of it!

Next.. but in no order of preference... Staying in Amsterdam It’s Warp’s 20th anniversary in The Paradisio...an audio/visual masterpiece that created a synergy with a venue, I was privileged to witness.

To be continued....

Last edited:

2much2young

We are the Welsh
Reaction score
For this next post, I would have really liked to have taken my time and drafted it first...but life’s too short, so I am just going to spit...

It’s 1996 and Goa Trance is all the rage, it’s my Mothers 40th and we’re on our way out there.

It was an all inclusive Thomson two weeker, so it’s Curry every day.

The Full Moon Party falls on The Winter Solstice and we’re in a rascal mini van heading to the party’s location at Hilltop - (when it was still just a Hilltop.)

This would be my first proper ‘all-nighter,’ I’d been to clubs and festivals and experimented but this was my first taste of an actual party.

I can’t describe to you how magic this was, from dancing ecstatically eyes closed, to holding my Mother on the dance floor, to watching the sun rise whilst drinking Chai, to walking down to the cliffs in the morning, sitting outside a cafe staring out to sea and seeing a Dolphin leap out of the water.

This is my number one party ever, my best anything ever.

I was twenty one years old.

Thanks Mum

Last edited:

2much2young

We are the Welsh
Reaction score
At number two in the hit parade it’s...

My first party:

If the careers advisor had asked me, “what do you want to do when you leave school?” I would have told him...“Goto a Rave.” - He didn’t but that’s exactly what I did.

It was June 1991...I was wearing the right clothes, with the right people and had the right drugs.

It was a warm summer evening...the sun was beginning to set and I was coming up on the Purple Ohm Acid I had taken earlier.

The sky was turquoise and filled with tangerine clouds. There were shivers running up and down my spine and my smile was getting too big for my face.

I reached the entrance to the club and the anxiety hit me, I had to get past security and I was only sixteen.

I handed the bouncer my ticket and in doing so, knocked his pint over...In slow motion I saw every drop of it explode into the air.

His mouth opened to say something but I was gone. I cleared the stairs in one giant leap and I was in...underage in the Rave!

I managed to get served a pint. I sat down and waited to see what would happen - it didn’t take long.

I looked into my pint and could see the face of Tutankhamun - I wouldn’t be dancing tonight.

I sat there in wonderment trying to get my head around it, the lights, the music, the people and then the D.J. dropped this tune...

...and I thought to myself - “I hope Mr. Kirks not tripping too.”

...Nothing would ever be the same again.

Last edited:

2much2young

We are the Welsh
Reaction score
So... I’ve given you my first and given you my last.. I’ll try and work out what happened in between and get back to you...

Last edited:

bez23

Adverse camber
Reaction score
For this next post, I would have really liked to have taken my time and drafted it first...but life’s too short, so I am just going to spit...

It’s 1996 and Goa Trance is all the rage, it’s my Mothers 40th and we’re on our way out there.

It was an all inclusive Thomson two weeker, so it’s Curry every day.

The Full Moon Party falls on The Winter Solstice and we’re in a rascal mini van heading to the party’s location at Hilltop - (when it was still just a Hilltop.)

This would be my first proper ‘all-nighter,’ I’d been to clubs and festivals and experimented but this was my first taste of an actual party.

I can’t describe to you how magic this was, from dancing ecstatically eyes closed, to holding my Mother on the dance floor, to watching the sun rise whilst drinking Chai, to walking down to the cliffs in the morning sitting outside a cafe staring out to sea and seeing a Dolphin leap out of the water.

This is my number one party ever, my best anything ever.

I was twenty one years old.

Thanks Mum
Is this the one that Gil played at? If so, I was at that party.

2much2young

We are the Welsh
Reaction score
Is this the one that Gil played at? If so, I was at that party.
I have no knowledge who played that night and apart from recognising a tune that my Father had in his collection, it was all a mystery.

I would love to know who played. I’ve got some great photos from that night, which aren’t online yet...I’ll let you know when they are.

I am still dragging my feet when it comes to the digital world.

Last edited:

bez23

Adverse camber
Reaction score
Ace, would love to see photos - my memories from the event are twinklingly cosmic to say the least. I was in little Vagator for 3 months in 1996 over the season - arrived in November I think, so most likely would've been at the same party.

2much2young

We are the Welsh
Reaction score
Vagator? Is that like a fanny rat?
That reminds me, I think I saw the Morjim Croc swim past me when I was on Ashvem beach, a few years ago!!

It floated past me a few meters from the shore. I dismissed it as a couple of Dolphins at the time, but recognised it when I saw the news reports.

Last edited:

2much2young

We are the Welsh
Reaction score
Before I go any further and before it’s too late, I would like to mention this party...

It was NYE 2006 and I am heading to the Midlands. I’d received an invite from two friendly strangers, at an intimate festival the previous summer.

It was a private party held at a location, that had hosted parties back in the days of Northern Soul.

There are many virtues I could extol about this one; the way it felt like getting into a warm bath the moment you arrived at the venue, the way every nook and cranny has been touched by the hand of psychedelia...but the memory that will always stay with me the most, is the point during the party where I stopped dancing and took stock of what was going on around me...the whole dance floor was moving like one single organism, like an ocean of people rising and falling as one, like fresh linen blowing gently in the wind.

The energy was incredible, like the warm embers of a fire glowing and crackling, everyone absorbed in rapture, beautiful, peaceful and moving as one.

I still have my invite from this event and my ticket and I hope I always will.

Last edited:

2much2young

We are the Welsh
Reaction score
The Origin Stage - Every time I ever stepped foot on the dancefloor but especially; closing on the Sunday at Wasing when a dust cloud hung over it and I saw my Father disappear merrily into the crowd.

Last edited:

bez23

Adverse camber
Reaction score
Eat Static.
Eat Static at the New Ardri in Manchester, probably a Herbal Tea Party, probably 1994 or thereabouts. Back when they'd have that big plastic brain on stage.
:Turtle::Turtle::Turtle:
The old (to me, at the time) Irish bouncer chap on the door was super friendly - "I don't care what you're smoking in there, as long as long as you buy a pint from our bar" What a star

Last edited:

2much2young

We are the Welsh
Reaction score
I was going to cite Eat Static - Gulf Breeze live at Gong Unconvention 2006...as my peak Static...but I think that’s a Gong post.