Top 10 Top 10 things to bring to festivals

Sailor Moon

Reaction score
greatruaha wrote a very nice list in some thread.. wich i have no idea but i think it is one of em miles-long glade-threads. I couldnt find it again anyway :Smile3:
But please, post things to bring to festivals. I ahve just started packing (ie i have just started writing list of what to pack.. eventually) and to prevent from forgetting something important i need some tips. And mayby other ppl do to :Smile3:

:!: tent
:!: sleeping bag
:!: "sleeping-mat"
:!: Pillow... perhaps..
:!: was thining about brining a trangiakitchen to heat tea or noodles or something, save abit of money money
:!: lighter..S..
:!: earplugs
:!: sleepingmask(i need _darkness_ to sleep)
:!: Wellies..? I'm in doubt about this.. you "cant" dance around in your wellies, and they would take up much room and be heavy. But on the other hand it would be nice to at some point walk around with dry feet in case of rain. (it is called wellies isnt it, or wellingtons or somthing? ..you know what i mean :Smile3: )
:!: one pair of trainers
:!: one pair of flipflops

Drugs/tobacco/money/a jumper(which can be your pillow also)/toothbrush/torch/shades/sun lotion/insect repellant(you never know, you might see some sun!)/toilet roll(there's never enough!)/a hat/few spare clothes/any other shit you can fit in!

1. Large tent (preferably with 2 separate compartments - one for sleeping and one for getting messy)
2. Inflatable mattress
3. Booze
4. Drugs
5. fold-up chair (a must if it'\s muddy)
6. Beautiful girlfriend
7. torch
8. more booze
9. more drugs
10. pyjamas - nothing like getting changed at the end of a long days festying

After glastonbury this year i'd say top priorites are and why:-

1.Food, I must have spent at least £80 on food for 5 days cause i stupidly didnt take ANY. :Sad: think of all the cool stuff i could have bought with that kinda cash! :sob:

2. Drugs (if u take 'em) There are many fuckers who like to rip off festival goers, :mad: so take your own drugs that you 1. know work and 2. weigh what you paid for.

3.Drink Remember they charge £3 a pint for decent beer!!!! so take a crate and don't be forced to pay 3 times the price! :no:[/b]

Sailor Moon said:
:!: one pair of trainers
:!: one pair of flipflops

I'd take boots & sandals - then you've got every eventuality covered - likewise suncream & bin bags - seen both sold for silly money at Glastonbury if the weather gets hot/wet (though I think only once at the same festival...)

Wetwipes are always a good call too - as is a sarong which can be used as towell, bed sheet, for sitting on & for wearing in true hippy stylee.

And would you need sex AND a tent? If you played your cards right you could have sex in someone elses posh tent!

:Smile3:

JohnM said:
Wetwipes are always a good call too - as is a sarong which can be used as towell, bed sheet, for sitting on & for wearing in true hippy stylee.

You can also use a sarong to tie up to make shade.... its nasty if you're hot/getting sun burnt and you can't find any!

[quote="BugEyes")

You can also use a sarong to tie up to make shade.... its nasty if you're hot/getting sun burnt and you can't find any![/quote]

Perhaps more of an issue in Portugal than Berkshire!

snafu said:
1. Large tent (preferably with 2 separate compartments - one for sleeping and one for getting messy)

what happens if you sleep messily? or are messy in your sleep? :huh:

For Sailor Moon -----> as borrowed from Spiralx from Glade thread:

Festival Checklist!

Cash
Tickets
Car park pass/train or coach ticket
List of contact numbers

General Camping Stuff
Tent
Camo netting
Mallet
Hazard tape
String
Cellotape
Pegs
Bin bags
Carry mats (or airbed if so don't forget the foot pump)
Pillows
Duvet(s) (or sleeping bag)
Blanket(s)
Bivvy bag (tough polythene to sit on), Picnic rug
Torch (Maglites & big torch)
candles/lantern
Matches/Lighters
Ear plugs, Sleeping mask
Sun tan lotion (let's hope we need this)
Wetwipes, Tissues, Toilet paper, anti-bacterial hand wash
Camera
Water carrier
Spare batteries
Pen(s) and paper
Poi, Silly games and stuff to read
Umbrella
Mobile phone & portable charger (this is a new item on the list!)
Drapes/decorations for dome (not too heavy, it's made of bamboo)

Cooking stuff (useful to make drinks even if you don't eat!)
Trangia (cooking stove)
Meths (for cooking stove!!!)
Cutlery (knives, forks, spoons, tea spoons, sharp knife, wooden spoon)Scissors
Can opener/Bottle opener
Plastic mugs even if you don't have a stove, bring a mug coz someone else might put the kettle on!
Plastic plates
Washing up bowl
Washing up liquid, Tea towel, Jay cloth, Washing up sponge
Contact lenses and paraphanalia/glasses
Sun glasses

Food stuff (there are loads of good food stalls so unless you're on a tight budget, stick to snacks)
Flapjacks/other biscuit type munchies
Noodles/quick pasta, Stir in pasta sauce
Cereal
Apples
Tea bags, Coffee, Herbal tea bags, Instant hot chocolate, Packet soup Bottle(s) of water, Fruit juice
Chewing gum

First Aid
Plasters, Savlon, Neurofen, Blister plasters, Prescription medication (antihistemines etc), Other medication (!), Nytol

Clothes - stuff you can wear in layers is best and you don’t mind ruining!
Warm clothes
Plenty of socks
Waterproofs
Comfy shoes
Walking boots/wellies
Sun hat
Gloves & scarf

Wash bag (You might not want to bother but a wash at the end of a busy festival day is lovely!)
Soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, skincare, flannel, deodorant, emery boards, towel(s), shaving stuff & mirror, hairbrush

Not quite a top 10 and not even mine :ph34r: , but then I could never count anyway :Wink3: and its a spiffing list me tinks! :P

LOL Moodle x :smokingr:

LOL, Moodle you make me chuckle! :Grin:

My essentials:

jagermeister.gif

:sun:

Heatherfeather:

Jagermeister!!

Ich wollte viele Cava haben nach das Glade....fffffffizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........mmmmmmmmmm :wub:
Aber ich denke es nicht gonna happen......

Back