miszt said:
eat static n zubzub fukin rock :dancey:

the new propellerhead/eat static stuff to :dancey:

Oo ah ! Flexitones & HiFi Companions are cool as well

& Dendron too

:ilol:

what about

Senser - used to support Ozrics a lot & were ace
Here & Now - Joie & Merv play with them every now & again - though personally I think they lost it when they reformed in 87

Thought that band that played at organised kaos..bonze was it? Tney were pretty tight and quite impressive. Nice to hear a talanted drummer again... :Smile3:

purpleproject said:
Thought that band that played at organised kaos..bonze was it? Tney were pretty tight and quite impressive. Nice to hear a talanted drummer again... :Smile3:

yeh it was bonze,
they was pretty cool and played some nice music.
it was really cool to hear it outside aswell,
and being rather sober(well quite drunk but u know what i mean)
i could quite enjoy it for what it was!

i would like to see them again

:iyes:

The Ullulators were bloody cool - I never managed to catch them live, but I've got a few of there tapes and Flaming Chaos on vinyl. Absolutely amazing album :Smile3:

And who could forget The Cheapsuit Oroonies !! Has to be some of the best fucked up folk, jig shit ever !

And another really obscure one, 'Evil Edna's Horror Toilet'. ! I've lost the tape now, but on one side (can;t remember which) there is the most amazing, curling, trippy guitar solo that just melts your brain, you can tell it's Ed on this one - although its not in the Van Halen heavy metal style I've grown to love (and hate!)
Would love to get my mits on a copy of this, I once saw a copy on E bay, but lost out on the bids:Sad:

Anyone heard of Wooden Baby? It was Merv's pre-Static project- very strange! He even sings on it! 'Ozrics go Goth' would probably be a suitable description.

Yep, I had a tape by them called 'Stuck In the Mindcage' I think, but its long gone now, probably in a garage loft somewhere ..?!

I can remember another tape called ' Willywoman' or something like that, which was a Steve Everett solo project, (I think Steve used to be with Eat Static). I'd like to get hold of a copy of that too, but I reckon probably almost impossible !:Smile3:

JWA is Joie Hintons' solo act. He has 2 tracks on the Purple Om compilation 'Gateway To The Sun'...to which 'A Song For Kay' is quite beautiful.

:Smile3:

Joie is also playing keys for Here & Now these days (a.k.a. Planet Gong).

Edit: Oops - that's already been mentioned. But I disagree with the comment that they've lost it. I've seen them recently and thought they were fantastic.

Never realised the O'Roonies were Ozric related - I've got a couple of tapes of them somewhere - Exhalt the Horn and something else. Haven't heard 'em for years, what with having no means of playing tapes for years :lol:
In what way were they Ozric related?

I LOVE EAT STATIC!!! I've been lucky enough to catch them a few times, and zub zub, and hi-fi companions - and they were brilliant. But I missed out on the whole ozric thing :@( don't know what planet I was on for that to happen, better late than never though :@)

Joie is also playing keys for Here & Now these days (a.k.a. Planet Gong).

Edit: Oops - that's already been mentioned. But I disagree with the comment that they've lost it. I've seen them recently and thought they were fantastic.

Here & Now were one of first bands I ever really got into in a going to see them a lot sort of way - early/mid 80s - and they were always a top live band. I always felt a bit put out having gone down to their farewell gig at Dingwalls in jan86 when the reformed a year later! I havent seen them for a few years - but was never really that impressed with them after 86. Still, they are on in Sheffield soon, so will take a trip down and see what they're like these days - hopefully they'll be as good as you say Chris.

(btw- H&N were only really Planet Gong with Daevid Allen)

Never realised the O'Roonies were Ozric related - I've got a couple of tapes of them somewhere - Exhalt the Horn and something else. Haven't heard 'em for years, what with having no means of playing tapes for years :lol:
In what way were they Ozric related?

Joie was in the O'roonies at the same time he was in the Ozrics and Ullulators, which is why he got the nickname Joie 'Ozrooniculator' Hinton! Merv also played percussion with them later on.

By the way, Joie has a myspace site at www.myspace.com/joiehinton with some of his tunes on, a couple which are unreleased so check it out...

Back