Top 10 Top Five (or ten, whatever) non-trance

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
1. Arcade Fire - Wake Up - passionately heartfelt and emotive, the coolest sound i've heard in a while :iyes:
2. Gypsy Kings - Volares - the soundtrack for my fantasy existence as a spanish heart-throb spy :ilol:
3. Tripswitch - Silver - in a way, is the single best piece of music i've heard this year. that second drop! nice one Nick
4. Fugees - Fugee-La - cause i get superfly when i'm superhigh to it :irazz: even though i'm going to be missing them when they return this year to play in london... ORIGINAL LINE-UP! :icry:
5. Joe Satriani - Day at the Beach - it sounds alright, till you realise the technique being used (two-handed tapping for other guitar geeks:iwink:Smile3: then its just fuckin amazing.
6. this track me and my mate are making. Gnarly drum n bass with a jazzy touch. i've never made DnB before and he's only been making it a little while, and somehow we sit down and two hours later have that propa natty sound. hehe :irolleyes

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
at the moment on rotaion is probably

1. Dreadzone new album.
2. Global Communication 74:16 - or whatever its called !!!!
3. Infusion - six feet befor yesterday .....
4. Music for films ..... UNkle ...
5. Tripswitch album ....... *lurvely still !*

God I dunno .... I got piles of this music stuff everywhere !!!! :lol:

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
oh yeah that reminds me, Never Never Land, the album by U.N.K.L.E. fuck me its good.

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
1) Terratorial Pissings - Nirvana - Insane beats, wikid melody, awsome lyrics, nirvana in one choon! (punk/grunge)
2) Frontier Psychiatry - Avalanches - Wikid choon, comical scratch/voice effects and sampling is awsome! lovly chilled melodiez and beats aswell (trip-hop)
3) Soap Bar - Goldie Lookin Chain - Just plain funny, I love these guyz! never really into hiphop before I discovered these guys and realized not all hiphop artists are egomaniak morons :irofl: (hiphop)
4) Take me Home - John B - I wana meet the chick who does the sample :iyes: wikid darkside/euphorik dnb (dnb)
5) Take it easy - The Eagles - nice n chilled, woz well in2 these guyz b4 i found the 4:4 kik (rock?)

:iyes:

CariFairy

Now Less Confused
Reaction score
At the moment, its....

1) Rage against the machine - Killing in the name of

2) The Clash - Rock the Casbah

3) PJ Harvey - Shame

4) Bright Eyes - First day of my life

5) Alicia Keys - Fallin

These are just the theme of today.... it might have changed by later on so don't quote me on that... :P

josh

marathon solo-sessionahoy
Reaction score
miszt said:
4) Take me Home - John B - I wana meet the chick who does the sample :iyes: wikid darkside/euphorik dnb (dnb)

:iyes:

apparently she's ugly..

seriously.

Noein

noemata
Reaction score
@ the moment;

linkin park * papercut
System of a down*chop suey
AC dc* thunderstruck
kaiser chiefs*oh mygod
killers*somebody told me
strokes*is this it
white stripes*there's no home for you here
Red hot chily pepers*can't stop
dream theater*metropolis part I & II
liquid tension experiment* acid rain
symphony X* the devine wings of tragedy
:smilemus:

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
Fromem_Ory said:
oh yeah that reminds me, Never Never Land, the album by U.N.K.L.E. fuck me its good.

yup - have been known to listen to "someone's found a way" at high volume in more grumpy moods ..... :iyes:

good stuff though .....

Red five

jah mangled spanner
Reaction score
1. anything by infusion...they are fucking awesome...check the remix of "running up that hill" by kate bush. class.

2. anything by lee scratch perry/king tubby/augustus pablo....dub in general

3. Necrotism Descanting The Insalubrious > Carcass...ahhhhh mmmmeeetalll at it's best.

4. anything by QOTSA/Kyuss and all the other heavy stoner stuff...sabbath in particular

5. anything by Del the Funky homosapien/Cannible Ox hip hop in general...no not RAP music like jay-z and naz...the real shizzle Antipop, Brain Tax, Roots Manuva etc...

Noein

noemata
Reaction score
Red five said:

3. Necrotism Descanting The Insalubrious > Carcass...ahhhhh mmmmeeetalll at it's best.

Of course......

Carcass 1 of the best Uk bands , Necrotism[...] more close to Grindcore,
and Heartwork 1 of the best death metal albums Ever
*waits till gets home to listen to it again*

digifrog

Photography mad.
Reaction score
Fromem_Ory said:
1. Arcade Fire - Wake Up - passionately heartfelt and emotive, the coolest sound i've heard in a while :iyes:
2. Gypsy Kings - Volares - the soundtrack for my fantasy existence as a spanish heart-throb spy :ilol:
3. Tripswitch - Silver - in a way, is the single best piece of music i've heard this year. that second drop! nice one Nick
4. Fugees - Fugee-La - cause i get superfly when i'm superhigh to it :irazz: even though i'm going to be missing them when they return this year to play in london... ORIGINAL LINE-UP! :icry:
5. Joe Satriani - Day at the Beach - it sounds alright, till you realise the technique being used (two-handed tapping for other guitar geeks:iwink:Smile3: then its just fuckin amazing.
6. this track me and my mate are making. Gnarly drum n bass with a jazzy touch. i've never made DnB before and he's only been making it a little while, and somehow we sit down and two hours later have that propa natty sound. hehe :irolleyes

Yar, Arcade Fire are pretty awesome, tho I would go for Neighborhood #3 or Rebellion .
Funny how some people completely discount non electronic music when referring to non trance, too generic.

Red 5 said:

na Evil Nine preferred here

All time top 3 albums (guitar)

1. Stone Roses - stone roses
2. Sugarcubes - life's tooo good
3. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

Top 3 albums (electronic)

1. Black Dog - spanners
2 Boards Of Canada - m.h.t.r.t.c.
3. Eat Static - implant

Top 3 psy albums

1. Kaya Project - Elixir
2. Kiwa - hissi, laiva & mainos musik
3. Digitalis - 3rd state

digifrog

Photography mad.
Reaction score
Seriously tho, to do any justice to my musical taste i would need a top 100 albums, but I simply aint got the time right now, nor could I really be bothered. Any music as long as its good is alright by me,
Newest acquisitions if you like to try dark progressive drum n bass

Noisia vs Bad Co.- meditation ....just so fucking awesome

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
wow... so much good music... nice choice RedFive on Cannibal Ox, i got the cold vein its wikkid REAL hip-hop, 'Straight off the DIC' is one of the heaviest hip hop tunes i've heard in a while...
You ain't a convict, you got caught jaywalking
And you don't know the alphabet, but you still talking
Well I got a blade too
And I know it's sharp enough to cut you
They call me starvin' Harlem, scissor tongue, I lick tissue
Heads or tails
The last cat who tried to see me, he now gotta touch braille
Everybody inherit the earth, why not?
We can sell it to the frail, and feed 'em fairy tales

:icool:
good to see the Smashing Pumpkins in your top albums digifrog, Siamese Dream is classic, but ever since i 'got' Adore its been one of my favs... though SD has my top pumpkins moments, 'Mayonnaise', the angsty anthem and 'Soma' which was the soundtrack to recovering a bad acid trip, maybe should have found something happier though :P
cant agree about the hardcore (or grindcore or whatever) call me a big girls blouse but i cant stand the stuff anymore.

tunes i forgot to mention:
1. Modest Mouse - Ocean Breathes Salty - beautiful. nuff said.
2. Glassjaw - Ry Rys Song - has always been one of my top tunes but always forgot to put it in a list.

Red five

jah mangled spanner
Reaction score
Fromem_Ory said:
wow... so much good music... nice choice RedFive on Cannibal Ox, i got the cold vein its wikkid REAL hip-hop, 'Straight off the DIC' is one of the heaviest hip hop tunes i've heard in a while...
You ain't a convict, you got caught jaywalking
And you don't know the alphabet, but you still talking
Well I got a blade too
And I know it's sharp enough to cut you
They call me starvin' Harlem, scissor tongue, I lick tissue
Heads or tails
The last cat who tried to see me, he now gotta touch braille
Everybody inherit the earth, why not?
We can sell it to the frail, and feed 'em fairy tales

"we be mind bogg-alin, spine tingalin
i got the stroll of galactus and i'm planet swallowin,
alpha got the surfboard and he's hollarin all arch enemies mus' die
and we know you aint unbreakable son, so thats a lie"

or

"you were a still born baby,
momma didn't want you but you were still born"

man i love the Cannible OX

hip/shuma

Junior Members
Reaction score
Keith Jarett - Changeless
McCoy Tyner - Atlantis
Ustad Fateh Ali Khan & Jan Garbarek - Ragas and Sagas
Andreas Vollenweider - Dancing with a lion
Jeru The Damaja - The Sun Rises In The East
Doppler Effekt - Infophysix

ipcress

Fly Over
Reaction score
The Music - The Music (2002)
Kevin Ayers - Joy of a Toy (197...early)...have'nt got the cd with me!
The Wickerman Soundtrack (1972)...The landlords daughter!
Chas & Dave - Mus'nt Grumble
Get Carter - The Soundtrack (1971)
Pink Floyd - The Pipers at the Gates of Dawn (1967)
Ian Brown - Golden Greats (1999)
The Regular Fries - Accept the Signal (1999)
I am Kloot - Natural History (2001)
Kruder & Dorfmeister - The K & D Sessions (1998)...fuck i can't believe its that long ago!
Wonderwall Music - By George Harrison (1968)..Soundtrack to the classic psychedelic London film Wonderwall! u gotta luv it! (il be dropping a bit of this in on sunday morning if anyone's at the Alchemywerx party!)
Morcheeba - Big Calm (1998) - It reminds me of sunny days by the sea in Kent!

these are wicked! i luv every one of them! :iwink:

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
chris man, u always got this totally back-catalogue music taste, it rules hehe :P
me and paddy watched Performance, quite a film :Grin:

Safi

Reaction score
Anything off the 2nd Quantic album Apricot Morning, probably Sweet Calling feat. Alice Russell, her voice is beautiful and the production is so creamy

Cex- Balls Out

Sixtoo - Duration Project 11

Dead Kennedys - Rambozo the Clown

Meat Puppets - Lake of Fire. The singings completely out of tune, it sounds like his balls are halfway through dropping but there's some badass guitar playing and I really like the lyrics, just simple and dittyesque, the 'where do bad folks go when they die' refrain is cool.

Sage Francis - Narcissist

Ojos De Brujo - Tiempo de Soleá

cLOUDDEAD - Jimmy Breeze (Pt.1) - If just for the backing track with the sample from The Goonies NES game

Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23. Only the original 12inch version though, the other versions are pretty shit like the one on the jackie brown soundtrack. pretty psychedelic guitar part at the end

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Storm. Beautiful 20 minute long epic starting with strings and horn and rising into crazy orchestral madness, makes 9 people sound like 90

Tool - Hooker with a Penis

Ceephax - Exidy

oops, more than ten.. :Smile3: