Top 10 Top Ten choons that are chillin me out these days

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
not trance, just amazing music

1. Nick Drake - One of These Things First (beautiful, touching, and i just learned to play it on guitar yeahhh)

2. Cannibal Ox - Pigeon (check it!) (listen to that beat. why wasnt this in Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai?!!)

3. A Perfect Circle - Hollow (instrumentally one of my favorites by this supergroup)

4. Up, Bustle and Out - Emerald Alley (nice sitar meets funky breaks. simple Ninja Tunes stylee)

5. Glassjaw - Ry Ry's Song (one from a few years ago, hope Darylls still around)

6. Ott- Smoked Glass and Chrome (yeah i know it was on my other list. that first drop puts chills down my spine)

7. Radiohead - Meeting in the Aisle (nice, different for Yorke n co. blissed)

8. Jimi Hendrix -
Moon, Turn The Tides...Gently, Gently Away (get a spliff rolled, grab a partner, and i think that's all i'm allowed to say :P)

9. The Smashing Pumpkins - Obscured (cause a) its one of those great album tracks you get into years after buying the album and b) i dont make compilations/lists without adding the Pumpkins. havent done in years)

10. Coldplay - Dont Panic (the anthem for my moving to London. a fav of me n sally :Smile3:)

go to radioblogclub.com and check em out!

AEON

dipthong mong
3. A Perfect Circle - Hollow (instrumentally one of my favorites by this supergroup)

word. superb guitar lines, a relentless chugging syncopated energy, short & punchy & emotional, a great opener to an absolute cracker of an album :Smile3:

re: glassjaw. last i heard everything was looking more positive...

man i think we need to meet up someday and talk music :Smile3: there seem to be a lot of crossed lines happening. i was lucky enough to interview Billy from APC two years ago and never got round to publishing it (busy), but we had a great chat about digital audio, plugins, recording on the road, the process of writing when eveyone's in different sideprojects...

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
nice dude! like many, i only really knew 'Magdalena' by APC until we were driving through Capetown in my buddys car, everyone feelin a bit up n down, and '3 Libras' came on, just fitted the moment perfectly. being a huuuge Smashing Pumpkins fan, i was interested to know that James Iha had joined APC (and also Jeordie from MM), so checked out more of their stuff, now i got all their albums... they kiiiick ass royally. very nice percussive stuff, amaazing guitar lines and top-class vocals... glad someone on here likes em too. and Glassjaw, another rockin group, nice individual style.

AEON

dipthong mong
yeah they're excellent - i miss Paz's string playing on the first album, but they're held together by a great drummer in josh freese and billy of course provides a central songwriting focus. i was lucky enough to see them after doing the interview - with james & jeordie, which kinda (?) makes up for missing out on smashing pumpkins when i was younger :Wink3: :Grin: played a great show as well.

dunno if this is a stupid question - but are you into tool?

M

makdaddy

Tracks 1 - 11

Jose Gonzalez - Veneer

Been keeping me well chilled on a regular basis this has

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
AEON said:
yeah they're excellent - i miss Paz's string playing on the first album, but they're held together by a great drummer in josh freese and billy of course provides a central songwriting focus. i was lucky enough to see them after doing the interview - with james & jeordie, which kinda (?) makes up for missing out on smashing pumpkins when i was younger :Wink3: :Grin: played a great show as well.

dunno if this is a stupid question - but are you into tool?
first off... NOTHING beats missing the pumpkins! i live a life of shame :Sad: :P
second, not a silly question... as i havent got into Tool in anywhere near the same way i've got into other bands. just havent clicked with them yet... i'm sure i will one day though. :Smile3:

psymonkey

PsychoNaughtyMagicMonkey
Fromem_Ory said:
not trance, just amazing music

1. Nick Drake - One of These Things First (beautiful, touching, and i just learned to play it on guitar yeahhh)

2. Cannibal Ox - Pigeon (check it!) (listen to that beat. why wasnt this in Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai?!!)

4. Up, Bustle and Out - Emerald Alley (nice sitar meets funky breaks. simple Ninja Tunes stylee)

5. Glassjaw - Ry Ry's Song (one from a few years ago, hope Darylls still around)

6. Ott- Smoked Glass and Chrome (yeah i know it was on my other list. that first drop puts chills down my spine)

7. Radiohead - Meeting in the Aisle (nice, different for Yorke n co. blissed)

8. Jimi Hendrix -
Moon, Turn The Tides...Gently, Gently Away (get a spliff rolled, grab a partner, and i think that's all i'm allowed to say :P)

9. The Smashing Pumpkins - Obscured (cause a) its one of those great album tracks you get into years after buying the album and b) i dont make compilations/lists without adding the Pumpkins. havent done in years)

10. Coldplay - Dont Panic (the anthem for my moving to London. a fav of me n sally :Smile3:)

go to radioblogclub.com and check em out!

Alex dude! You certainly know how to woo ya lady! hehe! :iwink: :ismile: :iyes: :icool: :ikiss:

ipcress

Fly Over
Here's some current favorites:-

1- DFA Remixes Chapter 1 - Various Artists
2- James Holden - James Holden At the Controls
3- Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All Over You
4- Kevin Ayers - Whatevershebringswesing
6- ManMadeMan - The Legend Remixes
7- Megasoft Office 2005 - Various Artists (F Communications)
8- Willow's Song - Paul Giovanni (The Wickerman Soundtrack)
9- Shpongle - Crystal skulls (dance mix)

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
ipcress said:
Here's some current favorites:-

1- DFA Remixes Chapter 1 - Various Artists
2- James Holden - James Holden At the Controls
3- Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All Over You
4- Kevin Ayers - Whatevershebringswesing
6- ManMadeMan - The Legend Remixes
7- Megasoft Office 2005 - Various Artists (F Communications)
8- Willow's Song - Paul Giovanni (The Wickerman Soundtrack)
9- Shpongle - Crystal skulls (dance mix)

megasoft office? hehe wikkid name.
nice list dude!