Top 10 Top Ten Festival Moments for Summer 2005

lurk

Stunning Cunt
Reaction score
In no particular order (apart from the 1st one)

1. Best Festival Shit EVER. Disabled portabog @Sonica. It was spacious and during the night, so it didn't feel like I was crammed into a giant crap steamer; and it was clean, and there was paper!!

2. Spending half an hour explaining to a big name DJ that K was an infinitely more classy drug than coke, the conversation ended with him having a line. I found out afterwards he was completely spannered for hours afterwards (@Sonica)

3. Hearing Beastie Boys "Fight for your Right" and Rage Against the Machine "Fuck You" played back to back at the breaksday tent @Glade. Not psychedelic, but proper farken 'avin' it!

4. Sitting, heavily under hoffman's influence, on top of an aircraft hanger at an ex-soviet airforce watching a couple of thousand crusties going nuts to the german version of Faithless. Germans. Germany. Acid. Need I say more. (@Fusion)

5. Watching Nick Tripswitch's face, whilst he was setting up for his set, as Damion rinses out a succession of "classics" and wrong music, culminating in Bryan Adams "Run To You". (@Sonica)

6. Watching the undignified scramble for the last 3 grams of K available at the festival (B.Right.On camp @Sonica)

7. A certain collective's madman punch @Glade. The foulest thing my tastebuds have ever had the displeasure to meet; but boy, did it make me fly.

8. Sketchy Steve & Red Five hold court. Saturday afternoon @Glade. The forum's two most bitter & twisted cynics meet head to head. Very, very funny, and far more wrong, on many levels.

9. Me n Aurora playing for over 1000 madferrit germans in the sunshine, on the Sunday morning @Fusion. We'd just dropped Scorb & ODT's "Green Eggs & Ham", and the fire truck comes on to hose down the hippies and the place goes absolutely mental. Biggest rush I ever had.

10. Infected Mushroom @Sonica. The music might have been absolutely terrible, but it did instill a sort of "blitz spirit" amongst the survivors, and many screamingly funny wisecracks at their expense… the best of which was Damion's "fuck me, it's a spastic kareoke!"

If you are interested, or just want to bring a ray of sunshine into work on a grey afternoon, then there are photos of these festies at www.hoipolloi.nl/djlurk/photo or www.doei.org/aurora/photo

:blink: HAHAHAHA i fort you said "disposable portabog" (mis read disabled!) - quite an image!! especially after the chocolate eclair i just ate

hehehe, of course the dump had to be at number 1; after nearly 10 years of going to festivals, it was the only one that i have ever had which even approached being pleasant :Wink3:

Bryan Adams has the voice of an angel, when compared to Dudhed, or whoever it is that sing for infected mushroom :Wink3:

lurk said:
hehehe, of course the dump had to be at number 1; after nearly 10 years of going to festivals, it was the only one that i have ever had which even approached being pleasant :Wink3:

Bryan Adams has the voice of an angel, when compared to Dudhed, or whoever it is that sing for infected mushroom :Wink3:

i'll second that and i like james blunt ffs :Smile3:

lurk said:
6. Watching the undignified scramble for the last 3 grams of K available at the festival (B.Right.On camp @Sonica)

aahhh - they were the *jokers* camped a few tents away from us who were insistant on loudly "aving it" in comedy mockney geezer style from thursday onwards - with predictably disastrous effects - from sunday onwards we had to put upwith the inevitable conesequences of them starting too early with loud come down induced screaming matches - if you cannot handle your drugs - dont do them!

end of rant

hahahaha, i was told that after we had been through the camp on the sunday morning, that it was like we had thrown a hand grenade over our shoulders as we left :Wink3:

lurk said:
[...]

4. Sitting, heavily under hoffman's influence, on top of an aircraft hanger at an ex-soviet airforce watching a couple of thousand crusties going nuts to the german version of Faithless. Germans. Germany. Acid. Need I say more. (@Fusion)

[...]
No, of course not!
crazy.gif

I'm still sad, to miss that festival... :Sad:

lurk said:
hahahaha, i was told that after we had been through the camp on the sunday morning, that it was like we had thrown a hand grenade over our shoulders as we left :Wink3:

We're you taking over the Beasie Pants'* role as prime purvayors of K on site?

*Beastie Pants is the very excellent Italian name for their punky/crusty sorts who all dress in black with lots of skull & crossbone tattoos and dogs on string - but strangely no scrumpy...

The Eskimo/Ketamine incident was proper having it at full moon.

That's about it for my top ten, I did have a mega good best ever shit, but I was on acid.

1) chillums at omni on wednesday morning
2) night skies and thunderstorms at omni
3) watching elko impersonating one of the living dead at omni (this man is a force to be reckoned with!)
4) being able to retire to a big orange coach at both european festies i went to
5) jager at voov
6) waking up after the end of alien projects set at omni
7) dancing so much at voov i got blisters on both feet

(not festies but..............)

8) the kaboodle gathering
9) watching drat mafia rolling in the mud at pixie helens brithday bash
10) drat mafia at pixie helens birfday bash with his name written on his forehead in marker pen. then him not remembering and looking confused when the police and passers by said "good morning dave" as they passed through the party

Playing with me and Gwrgi having a full on psychedelic and real fight yet doing
a totally professional job with Logic Bomb on the last night of the Boom 2000.

Glastonbury playing with Simon Posford cause it was such a letdown, this year.

Being asked by Billy Rood to play along with him and System7.

Back