Trance Magazines

Xeno

Ektoplazm
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm seeking single copies in good condition of any old trance magazines that may be floating about, and hey - brilliant idea - I bet a UK forum is just the place for dredging this stuff up! Titles like Implant, Lotus, Peek, or whatever else is around (fuck if I know, I live in Canada eh) would be dope. Only looking for goa/psytrance related materials, mainly pre-2000, and I'm much more into the long article format... I guess I'd pay money for them if I had to but I'm just hoping some kind souls will send em out in exchange for some CDs or something :Smile3: contact me.
Peace.

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
ross forgot to mention his collection of rare jam jars and glasses... he and claire have a wonderful extensive collection... ask him about that too!

Xeno

Ektoplazm
Reaction score
I'm looking for pre-2000 specifically since that seems to be about the time at which editors gave it up to the promotional engines of the industry... case in point, reading a much-hyped exclusive interview of Infected in an issue of Implant where the ed brags about his big scoop... and the interview is conducted by the band's labelmates! Talk about a mouthpiece!

Older more genuine reporting styles are definatly what I'd like to dig into.

JohnM

blah blah blah
Reaction score
basilisk said:
I'm looking for pre-2000 specifically since that seems to be about the time at which editors gave it up to the promotional engines of the industry... case in point, reading a much-hyped exclusive interview of Infected in an issue of Implant where the ed brags about his big scoop... and the interview is conducted by the band's labelmates! Talk about a mouthpiece!

Older more genuine reporting styles are definatly what I'd like to dig into.

I dont think you'll find much correlation beween the age of the mag and reporting styles - there have always been advertorials in *some* mags and not in others...

Anyway - back on topic - I've got a few shangri-la-la's & Implants pre 2000 - but keeping them for the nostalgia (and comedy mystic stuff in shangri-la-la's case).

After 2000 - if you try info@upfrontmag.com - you should be able to get hold of back issues - hopefully there's at least some genuine reporting styles in Upfront - well at least as long as you ignore the bits I write!