Tribute to Mr.Moog

J-Flux

Junior Members
Reaction score
Hey,

Here is my tribute to the late great Mr.Moog RIP. What a huge contribution he has made to the world of music, no to mention my bass lines!

Download here:

http://homepage.mac.com/jonnygough/FileSharing1.html

Big respect to Forgotten (I hope thats right!) for putting me on the right track. Please let me know what you think, I have plenty more tunes but am still very new to all this, so just trying to figure it all out! Let me know if you have any problems downloading, as I've never posted any tunes b4. I might have got it all wrong!

Zen Cat

Shizzle to the Nizzle
Reaction score
I think the synths all sound excellent, but I think that the kick and the bass in particular could really use a lot of phattening up.

There are some great effects and filtering going on, but the fact that the kick and bass are so quiet means that the tune sounds flat.

Shouldn't take too much adjustment to turn it into a belter though! :ismile:

J-Flux

Junior Members
Reaction score
Thankyou for your comments they are much appreciated! Its interesting what you say as I has especially turned down the bass and the kick, because I am always paranoid about the kick and bass drowning out everything else, especially when the track is played loud. I only just finished this tune today, so it still hasn't been fully road tested!

When I listened to it again after I read your comment, I realised that you're right! Will get on the case right away, check back soon to hear the new version!

Thanks 4 the tip

:Grin:

Zen Cat

Shizzle to the Nizzle
Reaction score
If you're worried about the Kick and Bass drowning everything out, then play around with the EQ. Kick and Bass are only active at the lower band, except when you boost higher frequencies in the kick to get a 'click' sound.

Theoretically you need to be more concerned about whether the synths are interfering with the kick and the bass... not vice versa. As far is the kick is concerned, don't boost anything below 50Hz...

Anyway, I'm no expert, but that's my understanding! Good luck :Wink3:

psyfi

Pie Fly
Reaction score
I agree with what Zen cat has said here. The bass is sounding a little lost and the kick sound king of dry if you know what I mean. It is deseptivly hard to get the bass and kick working well together as I sure you can see from all the threads about just that very sibject all over the internet. Everything else in you track however is really good. I espeiacly like the intro and the way everything else sounds is very nice.

J-Flux

Junior Members
Reaction score
Thanks again 4 ur comments, I have done a bit of tweaking and uploaded the new version of GOOMY, so if u fancy another listen I'd be very intereseted to know if I have solved the problem!

:Grin:

forgotten

..::mUnTsvillE::..
Reaction score
easy JONNY.... finally you have signed up... :Grin:

sadly due to the shitty computers at college i cant actually listen to the tune but im sure ill hear it over the weekends mash - up.....

rob :Grin: