Triggering in ableton

Missing-Link

looking forward
Reaction score
hi all....just a question...

i have woked outhow to trigger different sections as in verse intro and so on....

i was wondering if there was a way to triger things over these...

so if im playing my verse and i want an acid libe to go over the top....

can i trigger this over the top with out stopping what is alredy playeng?

hope you can help manny

M

makdaddy

*tries to cast mind back* not sure now (only started using live again this week for the 1st time in about a year).

I was under the impression that triggering clips was polyphonic! ..if its not then it bloody well should be.

how are you setting the clips to be triggered ? by hitting the midi button on the top bar then selecting the clip then hitting the key on your keyboard you want to trigger with ?

JohnnySideways

hApPy DaYs
Reaction score
you can have as many tracks/clips running simultaniously as your computer can handle...if (and i think this is what you mean) you want to trigger them at exactly the same time...then either - asign them to diferent keys/buttons and press em at same time...or - make sure they both/all on a horizontal row and click on the start arrow in the coresponding numbered box on the far right of the view..called a 'scene' this will trigger everything on that row...

Missing-Link

looking forward
Reaction score
make sure they both/all on a horizontal row and click on the start arrow in the coresponding numbered box on the far right of the view..called a 'scene' this will trigger everything on that row...[/QUOTE said:
this is what i have been doing....by assighning the different scenes to the different keys on my keyboard on my laptop....

so can i assign individual clips too....and if i do will the rest of the stuff stop playeng

JohnnySideways

hApPy DaYs
Reaction score
yep...one of the wonderous wonders of ableton...you can assign absolutely everything...till you run out of keys!

(edit) by clicking a different scene the other scene will stop...but you can add or take away clips without that happening