Trying to find a plugin, any help please

syzmix

Junior Members
Reaction score
Im looking for that plug in that kind of putts a revrse reverb on samples....Its used heaps in movies on sound effects and voices mainly in horrer or psy fi movies.

exxentlially the effect it gives is a long sweeping reverse sucking sound up to the point of the sample....I love this effect and desperatly want it.

Thanks in advance peoples

M

makdaddy

put a long reverb on a sound, record it, reverse it.....voila!

Continuum

Throb Farmer
Reaction score
reverse the sample

put it though a biiiig reverb and sample it

reverse it again

bob's yer uncle

syzmix

Junior Members
Reaction score
Yeah this is what we do already but it nothing comparred to what this plugin can do. thanks any way guys :P

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
syzmix said:
Im looking for that plug in that kind of putts a revrse reverb on samples....Its used heaps in movies on sound effects and voices mainly in horrer or psy fi movies.

exxentlially the effect it gives is a long sweeping reverse sucking sound up to the point of the sample....I love this effect and desperatly want it.

Thanks in advance peoples

Yeah - record the reverb. Reverse it. Then place it before the original uneffected sound. Very spooky when done with the spoken word.

I dont think you will find a reverb plug that will make the reverse reverb lead up to the sound, which seems to be the technique you are referring to.

syzmix

Junior Members
Reaction score
There is actually, on another forum I asked the same question and some one sent me a little clip of what it does and I said yep thats it. but I cant access that pm any more. I havnt played much with the reverse effects on the waves reverb sept fot the true verb and it just didnt cut it. but there is that other waves verb witch is the baige coloured one which is top of the range which I havnt investigated yet. with just reversing a verb from what we have experimented with it stayes in time with the sample giving not much depth, really sounds like you've just reversed the sample put reverb on it then reversed it again. with this one it time streches the reverse verb and can sustain a whole phrase so over say about 10 seconds berfor it actually gets to were the actuall sample is. instead of just hearing a reverb tail and the last bit of of sample that the reverb was actually triggered by. time strecthing the sample manually puts those tiny little spaces in between giving that gatted effect and doesnt sinc up with the sample. I might try and figure out who told me about it the first time (every one keeps changing there names and avatars on this forum) and then I'll pass it on to you guys, he gave me a link I could just download it from...heep posted and I'll let you guys know If I get it.! :P