Two sets of monitors?

edwardbernadotte

Junior Members
Reaction score
I am about to buy some new monitors.

I was wondering what i should do with my old ones. I have grown accustom to the sound of my old monitors and i know that the new ones are going to be much much better.

Should i keep the old ones or sell them? I have seen a few other peoples studios where they have more than one set. Is it good to have two so you can check your mix or should i sell the old ones and spend the money on something else?

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
eitan db said:
if you will buy new monitors then buy only bheringheer

er, no!

behringer in general are budget, as far as pro audio goes. there's loads of really nice monitors out there to choose from, i certainly wouldn't recommend behringer...

as for keeping your old monitors goes i'd sell them, and put the money towards getting as good new monitors as possible. by all means listen to your music on different systems as often as possible to see how it sounds but i wouldn't bother with 2 sets of monitors. it'll be much more useful to listen to how your tunes sound on hi-fi speakers, cheap car radios, rigs etc (ie something different) than another set of (inferior) monitors...

BeatNik

DJohn Mustard Project
Reaction score
evilwill said:
er, no!

It'll be much more useful to listen to how your tunes sound on hi-fi speakers, cheap car radios, rigs etc (ie something different) than another set of (inferior) monitors...

The man speaks the truth, I always feel that it's best to speaker-test in different environments, from shitty all-in-one hi-fis, to much bigger PA systems, lucky for me one of me best mates' dad owns NEXO (Rig for his 18th was incredible :irazz:Smile3:... *enough namedropping*

The actual environment is also (for me) important, listening to your track in different surroundings from your normal tune making den gives you a different perspective and can let you hear things in a different way.

Anyway, just my 2 cents :Grin:

Nanook

In the kitchen, studio or gym.
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Reconstructed said:
Car Speakers
Monitors
Nice Speakers
Shit Speakers

The magical 4 for listening

Id agree i rekon.
Get a good selection goin.
At home ive got some Rig <double 15's>, some Active monitors and some old stereo shite. If ya can equalise/master ya track to sound good on all of them then ya sorted :Grin:
i dont drive tho but car speakers are always a good tell of how mastered ya track is :Smile3:

Nanook

In the kitchen, studio or gym.
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
~ j ~ said:
u dont hav 2 drive just sit in the car.

trust you!!!

not heard from you in months n this is how ya choose ta show ya face :Grin:
not got a car anyway..... unless ya fancy driving to cabbage on saturday :Wink3:

peace,
N