University fees

psychitrancybaby

Gap Toothed Gypsy Badger
Reaction score
hello mate

like heidi went to uni at 25 and you pay no fees which is a massive bonus..

i took out pretty much max student loan and ended up in about 12,000 worth of debt even though I worked pretty much 20 hours a week- earned at least 7/8,000 on top of what I borrowed. its a fecking expensive ride- make sure you really want to do it!!

i went back to do study for the pure love of finding out interesting stuff, and couldnt get any further with the mcjobs i was doing- i really thought this degree woudl get me into international development- which it didnt at all - Bah! anyways its defo been worth it - as it gave me the confidence to know that i could stick at something and challenge myself and happily i landed my dream job a year later, in a pretty unrelated field which I,m still in- and I know i wouldnt have got considered without a degree as it was a pre requisite-. Re the debt- denial all round!

also really worth looking into whether you can get some of your studies sponsered- depends which sector you might be going into- a mate blagged their project management degrees part paid through construction firms......

good luck with decisions mate
X

Burt

Forum Member
Reaction score
i'd like to add that the experiences you have, the friends you make & the drunken parties you puke at are....

priceless!! :hehe:

moonbeam1

Hard as Nails !
Reaction score
There are four dimensions...... Im in there somewh
It is an incrdible debt to burden yourself with at the beginning of your life/ career, but its an experience I wouldn't have missed for the world. There is much more value in university than simply the degree you do :Smile3:

Ben3rdEye

toe-jamm
Reaction score
Im beginning to wonder about that myself-in light of recent events shaping my time here.

erin-mya

floatin barefoot fairy!
Reaction score
i'm just about to go into my final yr of my textile art 4 freakin yr degree! aaarrrrhhhh...all good tho wldn't change it eva....tho i will end up with a 2o grand debt....yep ...oh my god! i've learnt sooooooooooooooooo much, met so many wicked peeps, had aMAzin experiences ..nope wouldn't change it...lurve it !!!