V-A Arcana (Interchill)

digifrog

Photography mad.
Reaction score
Interchill - Arcana Feb 27 2006

Arcana is an evocative downtempo compilation where the familiar Interchill organic electronic...

...aesthetic is consistent across all tracks, appealing to both world music enthusiasts and psy-oriented listeners.

All tracks were created specifically for this compilation and are previously unreleased.The album features tracks from respected and talented producers including Seb Taylor (Kaya Project, Hibernation), Gus Till (Zen Lemonade), Greg Hunter (Dubsahara), Adham Shaikh, Eat Static, Tripswitch and Jairamji.

The Dubsahara remix of Kaya Project's 'One God Dub' is the outstanding result of the recent collaborative effort by two of the most compelling producers in the burgeoning East-West fusion genres, Seb Taylor and Greg Hunter.

The Dubsahara tune, 'Harmonic Density' features Kris Weston - formerly known as Thrash who was responsible for much of the best production during the vintage (and best) days of the Orb.

The music on Arcana is reminiscent of the seminal LSD Records compilation 'Mana Medicine' (2002) - striking album cover design by the digital artist Andy Thomas aka Android who has designed all promo material for Melbourne's annual Rainbow Serpent Festival in addition to album covers for Globaleyes and Turbo Trance Records. His work was also featured in the visionary art gallery in the Liminal Village at the Boom Festival in Portugal 2004.

This compilation follows along the successful releases of Kaya Project's, 'Elixir', the Dissolving Clouds compilation and the yoga styled mix, 'Sanctuary'

Interchill%20Logo.jpg

1. TRIPSWITCH - Calabi Yau
2. KAYA PROJECT - One God Dub (Dubsahara rmx)

3. ZEN LEMONADE - Soriya

4. DON PEYOTE - In Havana

5. EAT STATIC - Ocean of Fire

6. HIBERNATION - Embers

7. NOODREEM - Cicada Wave (Acacia Tree Dub)

8. DUBSAHARA - Harmonic Density (Rubicon Mix)

9. ADHAM SHAIKH - Satori

10. JAIRAMJI - Stabilizing in Chaos

:iyes:

bez23 said:
I thought you hated 'world music bollocks' Anton?! :P

Can't wait to hear this. Interchill = Quality. Always.

I like world music fused with dance music, which is what this album is. I have no time for proper world music thats like just some nigerian plucking a one stringed hollowed out turnip.

CosmoNaughty said:
I like world music fused with dance music, which is what this album is. I have no time for proper world music thats like just some nigerian plucking a one stringed hollowed out turnip.

ive got that tune - want a copy?

i have some romanian folk music that is like "cossack oompah speed gabba"

i was in stitches first time i heard it...now i'm wary as i approach the file

anyone up for a 20minute gamelan ding dong?

Back