VA - Soul Vibration 01 (Liquid Records)

james anthony said:
thanks 4 ya feedback digifrog ....::: the idea with the digipack is that it uses less plastic .... which i personally prefer .... ::: ideally we would be using hemp/other recycled papers n cards ... but at the mo its not sustainable - its at least 3x or more cost ....::: we will discuss it tho ..... nice 1 ..... x j

Most welcome. It's just for me, having a CD in a hard plastic case makes the product last longer, and fits into my collection a lot better. Not being too anal I hope, but the digipak CDs that I do have deteriorate over time. For you, you have more space for a nice inlay insert for artwork & information.

:wub:

digifrog said:
Respect repaid. After a small chat with Ross, please, please please release artist CD's in a hard plastic jewel case ! Especially Camerons and Slackbaba's.

Cameron

Could you perhaps give me a small list of the vst software you use? Thank you.

:Smile3:
Battery 2, Kontakt 2, FM7, Reaktor 5, Albino 2, Pentagon, Stylus RMX, Trilogy,
XPhrase, Hydra, Absynth 3, Imposcar, Vokator,,Atmosphere, Monologue, Embracer, Zeta3. Waves, TC fx
Cubase, Ableton.

Chimera was made using Trilogy on the bass, FM7 for the chimes and choral pads, the Traveliser ensemble in Reaktor was used for glitchy goodness and Pentagon was used for the analgoue synth sounds. All my soundscapes are made with Reaktor and Absynth. I only tend to use Trilogy for non trance stuff, for trance i prefer actual synthesis..

xx

mmmmm my copy arrived on my doormat on Friday...wot a lovely way to spend my afternoon off! Huge congrats to all involved for producing yet another fluidly beautiful cd. Such a fantastic assortment of excellent dub, psy-breaks and other interesting sounds...perfect for pottering around the house, amongst other things! :Wink3:
Faves at present are Jews Harp and Chimera, but the whole thing is bloody gorgeous!
Nice one peeps! :wub:

cameron-nagualsound said:
:Smile3:
Battery 2, Kontakt 2, FM7, Reaktor 5, Albino 2, Pentagon, Stylus RMX, Trilogy,
XPhrase, Hydra, Absynth 3, Imposcar, Vokator,,Atmosphere, Monologue, Embracer, Zeta3. Waves, TC fx
Cubase, Ableton.

Chimera was made using Trilogy on the bass, FM7 for the chimes and choral pads, the Traveliser ensemble in Reaktor was used for glitchy goodness and Pentagon was used for the analgoue synth sounds. All my soundscapes are made with Reaktor and Absynth. I only tend to use Trilogy for non trance stuff, for trance i prefer actual synthesis..

xx

Thanks Cameron.....I would really love to get hold of Stylus RMX after seeing the demo by Eric Persing @ Spectrasonics. Thanks for the ideas. :Smile3:

oOemmaOo said:
mmmmm my copy arrived on my doormat on Friday

I wish mine fell on the doormat, I was out when it arrived. I had to wait til Saturday morning, reluctantly dragging myself out of bed to get to the post collection depot by 11am, as the CD was sent recorded and I had to sign for it. :Sad:

Can anyone lend me a tenner? can't afford to pick my copy up at the mo!

cameron-nagualsound said:
gwan then...what does everyone else fink then?

still playing all the time .....although i do have to skip past my track...hehe

cant wait for the next one..

So far, I've only heard the clips and they sound awesome... still waiting for my full copy to come thru' but should only be a few more days.

Always last in the queue, me.

As per Cameron, I think I'll have to skip past the first track '... once I've satisfied my curiosity about how they've tamed Ott's outrageous pile-driver of a Kik drum during the mastering process.

:Grin:

liquid ross said:
think u might wanna check in Ott's mail box :Wink3: .. there might be something in there for you :Grin:

xx

You're very kind.

But I wasn't dropping hints or anything.... I've actually got one on order from Psyshop, along with Dissolving Clouds. Can't wait.... ages since I got some new music to listen too...

Warwick Bassmonkey said:

You're very kind.

But I wasn't dropping hints or anything.... I've actually got one on order from Psyshop, along with Dissolving Clouds. Can't wait.... ages since I got some new music to listen too...

2 wicked choices then :icool:

Warwick Bassmonkey said:

You're very kind.

aaahh ya monkey ... ur not suposed to buy ur own toons .. although i had to be stopped buying the liquid trance album from hmv in oxford street .. :Smile3:

xx

nothing much to add really!
cd is wicked big round of applause! :badger:

only thing I disagree is about Dissolving Clouds, Earth Octave 2 is so much stronger imo! :iwink:

I bought this the other week. I rarely buy chill stuff but was really interested to hear.

Love track 1 ...... whooooaa !! That bassline resonates perfectly in my living room!
Love Camerons track ... cool time signature. Looking forward to hearing the rest yer stuff!

The funky d&b(ish) track rocks as well, in fact, I was impressed with the whole thing!!! :iyes:

digifrog said:
As far as Interchill compilations go, Arcana is much more interesting than Dissolving Clouds imo:iyes:

im with Digifrog on this one ... Arcana is smashing :Grin:

xx

liquid ross said:
... Arcana is smashing :Grin:

xx

Ya, beautiful naturo-psyorganica :ismile: . Didn't realize that the Hibernation track 'Embers' is performed by the fantastic Mr. Seb Taylor. Godda love the Noodreem tune...amazing.

steve superboss said:
i prefer the diversity of soul vibration though

Aye, pretty hard to take out the car CD player. I like diversity also, but also good to have albums/compilations that run on a theme.

:ismile:

Back