VJ and other content needed

zeromonkey

Monkey
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm working with a few people (VJ's included) on a new website which will be kinda like eT's psystream.net, except we'll be doing video instead of audio.

The site will be a free information portal as well as having lots of journalism on issues that are big in the scene, such as the music, the culture, the lifestyle and environmental and political issues. With weekly updates with new videos and journalism and articles to read too.

However while we are constructing the site we are also looking for enough content to launch it, so if there are any VJ's who would like to get involved or if you could either donate or generate some content please get in touch via this thread or PM.

ALso anyone interested in writing articles or doing video journalism at parties, events, and other aspects of the scene please get in touch.

Many thanks.

Peace, Marc.

D

dave arc-i

what content? psychedelia? how big? (i.e. 640 x 480) and other useful info - like do you want it sorted for streaming before you get it? if so into what?

i had been thinking about re-installing visual jockey to make some stuff with - this is enough incentive i think to tilt the balance

zeromonkey

Monkey
Reaction score
dave arc-i said:
what content? psychedelia? how big? (i.e. 640 x 480) and other useful info - like do you want it sorted for streaming before you get it? if so into what?

i had been thinking about re-installing visual jockey to make some stuff with - this is enough incentive i think to tilt the balance

Hehe, always happy to entheuse others (if that's even a word, or did i just amke it up ?).

Any way that you could help would be good, we're looking for either VJ clips (psychedelic or not) or other video content that's relevant to the scene. File size is not an issue, however we don't want highest definition because people wont want to wait for hours to download short clips.

WMV format is preferred as we can pseudo-stream this :Smile3: .

400k/bits a sec encoding at 320*240 or so should keep the file sizes reasonable.

Ishwara

Freedom
Reaction score
I have some 640 x 480 mpeg2 stuff - it's around the 500Mb mark for a 10min clip with audio - I won't encode at less because the whole idea of Visual is compromised at anything less.

I'd like to collaborate with you on your new site as I am launching a similar site too soon - freaky eh :Smile3:

About the file sizes - these days, most people can download 500Mb for some pukka visuals, broadband is becoming the norm, so I don't see a problem in putting huge files up for dl

btw - enthuse is a word :Smile3:

zeromonkey

Monkey
Reaction score
I'd love to work with other people on this kinda stuff, I'll PM you about vids (it's easier to communicate that way).

I think our site is just about finished now, only a few minor finishing touches to add, and more content to be filmed over the weekend and then we're live! :Grin: