2. The Unknowns
3. The Art Of Funk Shui
4. Go Downtown
5. Misinfotainment
6. Bakelite Satellite
7. Slysis Me
8. It's Just A Ride (Zuloop Remix)
9. Heart Of Gold

"We are Free" is the debut album from the ground breaking psytrance act, Voice of Cod. Colin Bennun (OOOD, Unconscious Collective) and Andrew Humphries (Organic A&R / DJ) started making music together as Voice of Cod after meeting at a party in London in 2003. Their tunes, appearing on labels such as Organic, Liquid and Transient have all brought great praise from djs and the dancefloor, with tracks like ‘It’s Just a Ride’ being re-released several times and appearing in the top 10 tunes for Antaro (SpiritZone/VOOV) of 2004.

"We Are Free", The Voice of Cod album represents the next stage in the evolution of the Cod, with a total of 9 killer dancefloor tracks that will rock any party, day or night!! Featuring chuggy groovers alongside full on tracks that will knock your kneebones, the whole album has a totally twisted and funky vibe. Voice of Cod are what the trance scene has been waiting for!

Voice of Cod’s music is peppered with politically conscious samples, never missing an opportunity to poke fun at politicians and consumer culture, never missing a beat with a totally hip Zen attitude. The production is perfectly crisp all the way through enhancing the story told by each tune, with twists and rhythmic punches at every turn. This combination of elements has given Voice of Cod underground credibility and commercial appeal, with their track "Bubbles of Nothing", taken from "We Are Free" appearing on the music mixer for the new Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) game 'Wipeout Pure'.

Voice of Cod’s unique style, combining funky trance elements with a stomping rhythm section attracts both girls and guys to dance, a rare combination!! They have proved time and time again that they have appeal like no other, with many an audience clapping along to their live sets across Europe and the UK.

This summer as the album launches more key dates have been added to their schedule, including gigs at Mass in Brixton, Corfu and the Eclipse festival in Tunisia, we expect the Voice of Cod to be soon heard across the world".

Info taken from: http://www.organicrecords.net

John '00' Fleming (J00F Recordings)
"An album full of the finest music this year. 5/5"

Dick Trevor (Nano, Green Nuns, Jumanji)
"***’kin ‘aay! Awesome!"

Pop Stream (Spun, Israel)
"Constantly moving ahead - I just love those beat makers!"

Hujaboy (Spun, Israel)
"Killer production !!"

Antaro (Voov/Spirit Zone) on "Just A Ride":
"One of the top tunes of 2004. I appreciate groovy elements in psytrance"
(Just A Ride has been re-worked especially for the album in a slamming peak time mix)

Conflict of interest? Me? Naaaah...

Liquid Ross

Forum Member
Reaction score
hey colin and andrew .... think this is wicked !!! im not going to do a review just yet cos my head swimming with all thw other stuff that in there at the mo ... But ... after a couple of weeks (brag!) of having this CD it really grown on me ... defo unique style here guys and not mention that this album has a couple of 'gems' on it (not just your normal fancy stones .. these are precious ones !!!)
the cover art probably says more than is intended about the energy the vibe, how original and fresh it is and the lack of interest in conforming to Shiva-Chakra-Fractal-Fruits-Goa-Face-69-style-ten-or-more-yearsInnit .. as well as becoming in my mind one of the most pleasing album sleeves in recent times ... thanks for the link to the tee-s and coffee holders (is this public info or have i dropped ya innit ?!) ... (hehe .. will delete if soooo>>) great that another lable is also helping communicate the broader importance of route note and key on the sleeve along it's sister miss bpm..
good luck guys .. not that you need it !

:Smile3:

9 out of bed !

x

x

wickedwicki

Viking Lass
Reaction score
liquid ross said:
the cover art probably says more than is intended about the energy the vibe, how original and fresh it is and the lack of interest in conforming to Shiva-Chakra-Fractal-Fruits-Goa-Face-69-style-ten-or-more-yearsInnit ..

Tis drawn by my friend Iain. And there is more of it where it comes from :iwink:

And yes, this album will knock everybodys socks off!

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
Latest news on the album: Due to a fire in the factory the distributors have been forced to put back the release date to the 3rd of October... just to increase the anticipation just a little bit more!

moonbeam1

Hard as Nails !
Reaction score
There are four dimensions...... Im in there somewh
Colin OOOD said:
Latest news on the album: Due to a fire in the factory the distributors have been forced to put back the release date to the 3rd of October... just to increase the anticipation just a little bit more!

*box of matches falls out of Col's pockets*

Oh really ? what a coincidence :iheyhey:

deadgirl

Dead inside
Reaction score
Monkey Do said:
Everyone must buy this album. Otherwise you don't give a stuff about quality trance music. You don't want people to think you don't give a stuff about quality trance music do you? Well??
Creep

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
Monkey Do said:
Everyone must buy this album. Otherwise you don't give a stuff about quality trance music. You don't want people to think you don't give a stuff about quality trance music do you? Well??

don't worry we know good kit when we hear it... :Smile3:

MissRobin

Keyholder to Pandoras Box
Reaction score
Well release date is here and all is GREAT !!!

Colin and Andrew have really presented us with an amazing album :Smile3: You guys kick ass !!!

For a bit more information on the release, links to reviews, and more check out:

http://www.triskelemanagement.com

you can purchase the CD through Chaos Unlimited at: http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk

Enjoy :Smile3: