VST Rack ...?

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
I seem to remeber a program that will load up VST's for you and then let you access them thru whatever sequencer your using, basically I want Live! running on my laptop, and the synths running on my desktop....hmm any ideas what program I'm thinking of?...n maybe if anyone has set this up they can point me to a good tutorial on it, or mayb explain it to me :Grin: ...tbh not even sure how I should connect the two, would rather not use Midi if possible, I have Firewire...

dukas

molecular bio-driver
Reaction score
Do you mean Rax? think its only on mac though. BTW if anyone has used RAX and knows how to sequence it....?

Otherwise you should be able to ethernet them together, but I've forgotten the name of the program used to encapsulate the VSTs, its on here somewhere.

M

makdaddy

there is a utlity that run's VSTi's across a LAN - im off looking...back inna mo.

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
wikid thanx allot guyz, will check all these out :ibiggrin:

Ethernet option sounds interesting, i wonder if itz possible to run that thru Firewire, will chek em out :Grin:

etnarama

----------/----------
Reaction score
You can use the system link of cubase and connect the two , at the moment im in the process of connecting two and as soon as i find it out ill tell ya....
What is VST System Link?
The VST System Link is a system for networking computers using Steinberg Virtual Studio Technology (VST) software and Audio Stream Input Output (ASIO) hardware. VST System Link enables the transfer of synchronization, transport, and audio data between two or more workstations equipped with compatible software and hardware over standard digital audio cabling systems such as ADAT, TDIF, AES/EBU, S/PDIF etc. And because it uses the audio stream itself, synchronization is completely sample accurate, even across multiple workstation configurations!"QUOTE

check this

http://www.steinbergcanada.com/products/cubase/cubasesl_features_systemlink.htm

Also you can use V-Stack and use just one sequencer and two pc's connected

Check this

http://www.steinbergcanada.com/products/cubase/vstack.htm

Hope this is what you want!!!