VST System link, somthing for Ableton?

M

makdaddy

why would you want to ?

2 instances of ableton on seperate pc's can be synced easily http://www.psy-forum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38872 but you will end up with 2 lots of output one from your seq and one from another seq runing synths - your going to have to bounce the synths and transfer em accross or mix down via an outboard mixer

sound like alot of hassle

trancetheory

♥♪♫
well yep that does sound like allot of hassle, which is why i wana do it the same way cubase allows :iconfused

although i think Freeze is a wikid function, i dont like using it, and it takes ages anyway

M

makdaddy

bounce >? abletons all about the audio ! get confident about what you are writing with your synths and start bouncing stuff down or "rendering to disk" as the ableton's call it. then fuck with the audio

you may find yourself finishing tunes alot quicker :iyes:

Continuum

Throb Farmer

icodon

Junior Members
I had some CPU problems using VST Instruments in ableton Live. This way I work with these VST in Logic and then bounce to use it as a audio file in Ableton.

No Midi files in Ableton, the audio effects already demand lots of CPU...

M

makdaddy

the fx native to ableton arent that processor intensive, apart from the obvious ones like reverb - but they tend to be cpu heavy no matter what

trancetheory

♥♪♫
but i want to be able to play instruments in real time markdaddy, not pre-record

gonna try out thoze linkz :iyes:

M

makdaddy

ahhh makes sense now missty ! either a network link or a midi sync of the clocks should do then