Wanted - 24 (or 32):8:2 desk

Jodha

Jedi smoker of da ganja
Reaction score
Skype! mark.baraka -> seeya online innit muvafo
I'm still looking for an appropiate desk for my (nearly reached completion) boys toys room.

I'm chasing up a lead for a MX9000 on trade but this may be time consuming and I'd like to fit a desk in as soon as really.

So I'm fishing, maybe somebody out there has a desk they are happy to sell that will do me fine, this is what I am looking for:

At least 24 channels, pref with there own o/p, but not a neccessity
8 subgroups with their own o/p
Decent EQ on each channel
Tape send and return
6 Aux sends

If my blag pulls off I get a brand new top of the range Behringer with all the functionallity that I am after for about £450, However, I'm happy to spend a little more if somebody has something a little special (sound craft or mackie bargins would be much appreciated), and would be interested in anything like the MX9000 that does the above.

If you can help - Cheers !!! :Grin:

Hey Jodha, my good m8 and on occasion music writing partner has a mackie 8 bus 32 track in storage (he did last time we talked about it anyways) it has good parametrics on every channel but i think it only has 4 sends (dont take my word on that though), it has meter bridge and stand and is in wicked condition. i think he wanted around 1k for it all (which is cheap) not sure if he would split it though..... can hook you up with him if your interested..... cheers ;]

Sounds like a really nice desk and I'm sure that I'd be fine with four aux sends, hehe - I just dont want to feel like I've restricted myself when you can get good outboard deals here and there (I like outboard).

Thing is a grand right now is quite a lot: currently I want a desk that has the routing capabilities allowing me to blend my softsynths with my hardware, and then bounce it all back into the PC in multitracking stylee, but pay as little as I can get away with.

This may seem odd, a desk (in this scenario) is at the heart of making the mix sound good. I cant afford the type of desk I would really want right now, nor for a long time either... it will basically be of similar spec to what I've listed but I'm wanting a completely analogue audio processing side with total computer control, and quality throughout. There may be an SSL that does the business or possibly a topflight Mackie as a cheaper option - I've seen a few piccies of one being released about now that looks like it came off a Deep Space Nine set but know little else about it. To be honest its not a market I've looked into cos I know they are all out my price range, I'll start investigating at the start of next year if I score enough income for the rest of this one.

There's also a possiblilty that the Roland 24 track digital workstation may go back on my wanted list, could probably use it to hold the core backing for a live set and will be pretty affordable by the end of this year... but um... the possibilities and somebody will always release something just when you think you have things sussed.

Basically, desk I buy in the next week or so needs to be of a budgetty variety, there are other things in the studio that need attention as well as the desk and at the end of the day a behringer with the above spec will be a dam fine upgrade from my Mackie 1602 with dodgey pots and faders.

There's this in Ebay at the moment for just under £400 -

ad_2.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7325154153&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I'm keeping an eye on it, could be nice :Wink3:

k man no worries thought i would suggest it ;] the meterbridge and stand does bump it up a bit and they usualy go bare on ebay for about 700 ish..... yea keep an eye on it 4sure if you can get it for 400 your laughing ;]

Yeah, Dam Ebay and its volatileness... I think until I have autobidding software a bargin desk from ol' Ebay is going to be too illusive, once again the computer goes odd and I cant keep up with the bids in the last 30 seconds, the bid history doesn't make sense either compared to what the site was telling me about the bids at the time... but anywayz, think I have just closed a deal on:

MX3282A_medium.jpg

for about £300 brand new...

Lets hope its not too much a peice of crap to get a year's good service from it :Smile3:

Back