WANTED: Full On Groovy Gear Squelchy Tribal Psy!

FlameBoy

Reaction score
This was Geoffwiffen's description of the style of Sirius Isness in his review of their most excellent "Resolution of Dualaity" album, this is just the kind of style of psytrance I love, could anyone recommend any other albums that are in a similar style? Thank you! :Smile3:

FlameBoy

stuff that I think is quite similar in style is:

Bizarre contact - Plastic Fantastic
Cosmic Tone - Going Solo
Mekannika - Basic Tribal Pattern
Perplex -To Confuse or Trouble
Star X
Ultravoice - Magic Sound
Blue Leprechuan - Com.Pact records compilation with other tracks from most of the above

of course, that's just my opinion but the Sirius Isness album is one of the best I've bought in ages.

BTW if you're from Oxford do you know Shawn Zzzbing and Steve?

Polaris's album! :punk:

Check these out flameboy:

Definetly Polaris Album :Smile3:
Psypilot's Destination Future Turbo Trance Cd (Top Stuff)
Altom Groove Control CD (Pretty Full On Squelch)
Tikal's Ritual Cycle CD (Hmmm tasty well nice if you not afraid of some vox)...

Infact Neurobiotic's releases in general :Smile3:

Blue Leperacaun as mentioned
Turbo Trance Compilations or Moonspirits

Maybe a bit of Crunchy Punch Maximum Velocity on top... :sun: :Grin:

snafu said:
stuff that I think is quite similar in style is:

Bizarre contact - Plastic Fantastic
Cosmic Tone - Going Solo
Mekannika - Basic Tribal Pattern
Perplex -To Confuse or Trouble
Star X
Ultravoice - Magic Sound
Blue Leprechuan - Com.Pact records compilation with other tracks from most of the above

Thanks, will check some of these out

snafu said:
of course, that's just my opinion but the Sirius Isness album is one of the best I've bought in ages.

I know a psytrance-loving Sean from the Wood Farm area of Oxford well - friendly, bouncy very tall guy with long-ish curly hair, DJs for Project Ozma. Think he shares a house with (among other people) a guy called Steve. Does this sound like the same person?

FlameBoy

goa_kev said:
Polaris's album! :punk:

Yup, have that, its good, though to me its more fluid smooth psytrance than the full-on squelchiness that is Sirius Isness IMHO. Still like it though.

FlameBoy

geoffwiffen said:
Check these out flameboy:

Definetly Polaris Album :Smile3:
Psypilot's Destination Future Turbo Trance Cd (Top Stuff)
Altom Groove Control CD (Pretty Full On Squelch)
Tikal's Ritual Cycle CD (Hmmm tasty well nice if you not afraid of some vox)...

Infact Neurobiotic's releases in general :Smile3:

Blue Leperacaun as mentioned
Turbo Trance Compilations or Moonspirits

Maybe a bit of Crunchy Punch Maximum Velocity on top... :sun: :Grin:

Thanks geoffwiffen, will also check some of these out :Grin:

FlameBoy

FlameBoy said:
snafu said:

I know a psytrance-loving Sean from the Wood Farm area of Oxford well - friendly, bouncy very tall guy with long-ish curly hair, DJs for Project Ozma. Think he shares a house with (among other people) a guy called Steve. Does this sound like the same person?

Snafu - the Sean I know is definitely the same Sean you know, as Tortoise has told me that Zzzbing is his DJ name! :Grin:

Are you based in Oxford too?

FlameBoy

In the absence of Mr Snafu, I'll answer for him. :Wink3:

Steve lives with Sean ZZbing. Mark Snafu lives in Brixton with fellow Ozma reprobates Calve and Ralph, whose real names are also, Mark. :Smile3:

HTH,

Hugs,

Barclay

dont forget about crunch punch

rob :Grin:

i love that tikal album...thats proberbly my favorite of this year so far

I know that this stuff is older, put there is probably stuff around that some people haven't heard (or forgot about?) :Smile3:

Biodegradable
CPU
I think Absolum - "inside the sphere" and the CPU album go amazingly
( all the above is where i set my favoured style both when mixing and writing)

Slightly less tribal maybe? I'd like to hear other peoples perception of these guys
cause the've been a big source of inspiration in what i'm writing.

Morgan

morganism said:
I'd like to hear other peoples perception of these guys
cause the've been a big source of inspiration in what i'm writing.
I love CPU, totally full on, as in as full on as I'd like my psy to go! Electric feel to their psy where you would just go crazy on the dance floor! Havent heard much Absolom however I find Nomad fairly similar aswell. Electric sounds with driving basslines!

All the above are spot on :Wink3: Also the new Hydrophonic(Nano) is fantastic, Setherian(Glowing Flame) album, Amazonia(Ajuca) comp and definitely Wrecked Machines(Etnicanet) Blink!! :wizard1: :sun: Altom and Atomic Pulse albums are great stuff too :Wink3:

There's so much wickid psy-trance coming out recently, we're spoilt for choice :jump: :partysmi: :party2:

Try "creeping ambivalent tendencies" Its gotta techno tribal ting going on!

[
BTW if you're from Oxford do you know Shawn Zzzbing and Steve?[/quote]

FlameBoy[/quote]

...I think I've met him @ Truck a couple of times...Rides a motor-bike? Likes badgers? Long curly hair...

Hope you'll be makin it to Truck this year - seein as ur local and all...

digtherig said:

FlameBoy said:

FlameBoy

...I think I've met him @ Truck a couple of times...Rides a motor-bike? Likes badgers? Long curly hair...

Hope you'll be makin it to Truck this year - seein as ur local and all...

Not sure about the badgers ot motor-bike (but neither would surprise me), but I first met him last year in the psytrance tent at the Truck festie! Do you know when this year's Truck will be?

FlameBoy

Yo Flambe,

Protoculture - Refractions
Spun Records compilations
MP recs from Ibiza
Crunchy Punch/Orion

These are pretty much the cream imo..

:smoke:

Not sure about the badgers ot motor-bike (but neither would surprise me), but I first met him last year in the psytrance tent at the Truck festie! Do you know when this year's Truck will be?

FlameBoy[/quote]

...Truck's in two weekends time - not this one but the next...Have been meaning to get round to putting a post up about it...but I've just found out from the website (www.truckrecords.com) that it's sold out!

digtherig said:
...Truck's in two weekends time - not this one but the next...Have been meaning to get round to putting a post up about it...but I've just found out from the website (www.truckrecords.com) that it's sold out!

Bugger! Having said that, I think Tortoise and I are at the Big Chill festival that weekend anyway...

FlameBoy

Back