Wanted: someone to record our (orchidelic/star/spinney/frog) music for free!

orchidelic

a psychedelic flower
Reaction score
Rather cheeky I know.....but I just wondered if there was anyone who was able to record some (or just one!) of our acoustic/folk songs?

We are currently getting an album together and have about 10 songs in total, you can listen to our (very rushed) efforts so far on the myspace link below.

If there's anyone who would be willing to record any of our songs, we would obviously give you full credit inside the album cover......

Please let me know if you have any good contacts re recording!!

THANKS!!

Orchidelic xxxxxxxx:iredface:

orchidelic

a psychedelic flower
Reaction score
Hmmmmm

This offer clearly did not appeal to anyone. Perhaps because of it's lack of incentive? :irazz:

OK, I need to revise my plan somewhat.....does anyone know anyone/able to record for low sums of money? :iwink:

CariFairy

Now Less Confused
Reaction score
Perhaps a percentage of any mp3 or record sales, local or otherwise, or maybe a contract agreeing it on some kind of "tic"

x

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
CariFairy said:
Perhaps a percentage of any mp3 or record sales, local or otherwise, or maybe a contract agreeing it on some kind of "tic"

x

:wub:

There's not much incentive to put a lot of effort into a project - recording, mixing and mastering 10 acoustic tracks is a fair amount of work - when you're not going to get paid for it, and you know that the results of your hard work will be made available for sale but you won't see any of the proceeds. Even when a profit-share/royalty agreement is arranged, in my experience it's all to easy for people forget to pay the engineer as, especially when the cash comes in in drips and drabs, they will most likely not be around to remind you of the fact that you owe them 10p of the 50p you just received for that mp3 sale. I know this 'cos I've inadvertantly done it to people myself.

orchidelic

a psychedelic flower
Reaction score
I see your point.
Even one track would be greatly appreciated!

Does anyone do this (recording/mixing) and if so how much am I looking at roughly?

Crispy

Fried for too long
Reaction score
Maybe try putting an add up in some music tech colleges (eg sae, alchemea or point blank for starters) there are sometimes students who are looking for people to record to practice their skills. i definately saw a few of these style adds at Point blank when i was there.
you could probably even email them asking if its possible and they could put the add up for you (maybe...if there nice :Smile3: )

this optio also makes sense because they are all stocked with great mics and pimp studios!
good luck with it!

A

Andrea

Yeah defo contact SAE and Alchemea, I've been there and they need bands for they students to practice. Should be free for the band. They may need some recordings of what you do so they know and do a selection of the bands.

By what I heard from your myspace thing, I recon you should have no problems.

Nice stuff btw, keep it up!

:Smile3: