War with Iran

lettis

slicker than a cabbage
Reaction score
let them (the u.s.) and sit back and watch their homeland crumble as they over stretch their resources. then they truly will be the contemporary roman empire!

Barclay (Dark Angel)

Ninja Hippy
Reaction score
Nah, I don't reckon there'll be a conventional war with Iran. There'll be lots of posturing, and the occasional "incident", but I don't think it'll go much further than that, not for the foreseeable future anyway.

What worries me far more is the fact that the world is running out of oil, and Saudi Arabia. The rule of the House of Saud is shakey, they've got the largest reserves of oil in the world, and the US has a huge military presence in Kuwait and Iraq.

What happens if the House of Saud falls, especially if it's replaceed by a fundamentalist Islamic regime? Being buddies of the Bush family, what happens when they ask the States for help...?

Hugs,

Barclay

lettis

slicker than a cabbage
Reaction score
Barclay (Dark Angel) said:
What worries me far more is the fact that the world is running out of oil, and Saudi Arabia.
what are we runnig out of saudia arabia as well is it shrinking. is that something to do with climate change:ilol: :ibiggrin: :icool:

more seriously tho are you saying there is more chance of the states fighting a war for the saudi's? to help them protect their interests?

Barclay (Dark Angel)

Ninja Hippy
Reaction score
Nah, the Yanks never help anyone else - unless the US administration sees it the States interest to do so. They certainly won't fight a war for the Saudis, or more accurately, the House of Saud. If the Yanks get involved it'll be because they want Saudi oil - end of - period.

Delete "and Saudi Arabia" from my sentence and it makes a lot more sense. Sorry 'bout that...

The thing that might save the House of Saud in the end is the fact that oil is going to get a whole lot more expensive, and they're going to be a whole lot richer. Inevitably, some of the ordinary people in S.A. are bound to benefit, which will help quell unrest. On the other side of the argument is the fact that there'll be unrest if the gap between rich and poor becomes too great. (History has shown that you can almost calculate the differential at which point unrest becomes inevitable.)

Whatever, we're in for a very bumpy ride :Sad:.

Hugs,

Barclay

whitedog

Lunar SeeD
Reaction score
The US already have a substantial military presence in Saudi, and the Saudis have no way of evicting them if they wanted to.

If i was Iranian, i'd be bricking it, the US (or rather, "coalition") has them surrounded.

Looks lhe war with Iran may already be under way: http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4031

Barclay (Dark Angel)

Ninja Hippy
Reaction score
Sorry dude, you're factually wrong. The US doesn't have a military presence in S.A. It was kicked out around 2000, but was allowed to use Saudi territory briefly at the start of the current Iraq war.

As for Iran, and that story - all puff and wind. I've no doubt there's all kinds of skullduggery going on, but the chances of our hearing about it are remote.

Hugs,

Barclay

whitedog

Lunar SeeD
Reaction score
Sorry dude, you're factually wrong. The US doesn't have a military presence in S.A. It was kicked out around 2000, but was allowed to use Saudi territory briefly at the start of the current Iraq war.
Thanks for the correction. i was under the impression they were still there.
i thought one of the reasons they shelled out billions on the Prince Sultan Air Base, amongst others, was to ensure an ongoing capability there.

As for Iran, and that story - all puff and wind. I've no doubt there's all kinds of skullduggery going on, but the chances of our hearing about it are remote.
For sure, but it looks as though the special forces and the secret service just can't get the staff, these days, doesn't it?
Why is it that so many of these terrorist operatives seem to have been trained in the west?

The story seems to be being taken seriously by the Iranian community both in Iran and here: http://www.ahwaz.org.uk/2005/10/iran-uk-relations-threatened-as-new.html

Rhino Plasti

Sailing the Brixton Seas
Reaction score
There is one thing that bothers me a great deal about the Iran affair, and that is the interest from Japan and China.
I have no doubt that China has helped finance this war for US, and in return they are being granted huge chunks on Iraq soil for 'development'. There was an article I remember a week or so back regarding villagers who were being moved to enable a Japanese business venture to start up. Thats bad news.

Barclay (Dark Angel)

Ninja Hippy
Reaction score
Interesting...

If anyone gets any decent URLs/Links about far Eastern involvement in the Middle East, please post them. Adds a whole new dimension...

Hugs,

Barclay

whitedog

Lunar SeeD
Reaction score
Seems the Iranian govt. really are blaming us for the bombing
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus.asp?Page=%5CForeignBureaus%5Carchive%5C200510%5CFOR20051017b.html
and
http://www.iranmania.com/News/ArticleView/Default.asp?NewsCode=36871&NewsKind=Current%20Affairs
and
http://www.rense.com/general68/iranhasproof.htm

Meanwhile, Blair is accusing Iran of planting bombs in Iraq.
Sounds like a lot of posturing and provocation on both sides.
All puff and wind? Why?
What's really going on then?
Is this a blind to divert attention from the real target? (Syria? Saudi?)

whitedog

Lunar SeeD
Reaction score
Interesting...

If anyone gets any decent URLs/Links about far Eastern involvement in the Middle East, please post them. Adds a whole new dimension...

Hugs,

Barclay
CHINA'S MIDDLE EAST STRATEGY

By Barry RubinEditor's Summary: China's involvement in the Middle East has some negative and destabilizing effects on the region. By supplying weapons of mass destruction to Iran and other countries, while also campaigning for an end to sanctions against Iraq, Beijing has an important impact. These activities, however, are motivated by economic goals rather than political ambitions. They are also restrained by China's concern over its image as well as regarding relations with the United States. http://www.biu.ac.il/Besa/meria/journal/1999/issue1/jv3n1a4.html

Also, this is a very interesting article about China's economic war against the US. - Probably nonsense, of course... http://www.rense.com/general50/bej.htm

sqoo

˙˙˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ǝlʞɔıʇ ɹɯ
Reaction score
Couldnt the fact the that UK is being drawn into the hub of this, just a way of bringing in the UK on the side of the US, up to now we have stuck with the rest of Europe in our 'diplomatic' stance, this escalates things poss to the point where this can be portayed as a serious problem and we split from the European side and posture next to Bush. I think this process is part way through, Iran has taken the bait, what happens next?

AcidTrash

Banned
Reaction score
Our sabre rattling with Iran is purely about the non-proliferation of nuclear weapons.
Islam is ruled by an islamo fascist regime and connot be allowed to have nukes. They have openly declared they would wipe Isreal off the map given half the chance and if Isreal suspects for a minute that Iran has nukes they will most likely start the nuclear exchange first.

As we have a force in the middle east capable of preventing Iran developing nukes it should be used if neccessary and if we can effect regime change to avoid a full blown conflict between jews and arabs then we probably should.

I personally would not stand in the way of this and would welcome the installation of a Democracy in Iran so that the human rights we enjoy in the west could be extended to those suffering under said Islamofascist regime.

This would be yet another step toward securing a lasting peace in the Middle east as no two sovereign democracies have ever gone to war.

AcidTrash

Banned
Reaction score
Because Iran is in breach of the non proliferation treaty and there was an EU summit on the issue perhaps?