We all need a hug from 'The Man' sometime, but in what form?

Xenomage

Lord High ChillMaester
Reaction score
Hey, there's some amazing shite discussed on this part of the forum, really opened my eyes to what some people think in a positive way....

But I digress

What I was wondering was in peoples blessed opinions. what would be the 3, 5, or however many you feel, most important responsibilities of a national governing body
For example - security - they are presumably responsible for keeping it's inhabitants safe, jah?

But what else? In your opinion...

I have my views, but most of my friends think I'm a little Hitler, so I need to rethink them, maybe.... :huh:

Peace an' goodwill....

'n' stuff.

*Sophie*

Dame of The Sphinx
Reaction score
little Hitler...... hehe!

right.

1) Sanitation. Bin men and the like
2) Fiscal Tranfers. That is collecting taxs and distributing them accordingly. (applies mainly to benefits/income tax)
3) Safety. We all hate em, but the uk would be shite without the pigs
4) Foreign policy organising foreign trade
5) Regulations law construction/enforcement

then theres the maybes

6) Monetary policy currently controlled by the B of E - could be seen as a gov. job - used to be
7) Transportation currently privatised, i think it worked better before
8) Health currently a mess! works better abroad where theres no NHS - bloody expensive tho, we'd all have to have health insurance. Much better idea.

any others....... i'll come back to you

P.S.:hihug:

rcain

Reaction score
Xenomage,
here my first draft for the next reshuffle:

abolish everything and create
new government ministries for:

* life and family (responsible for keeping the important things in life ahead of work and shit in general, wherever possible)
* friends (responsible for promoting friendships at all levels - in the community, internationally and beyond the species barrier)
* other people (responsible for categorising and dealing with everyone else. incorporates the antichav squad (was the police) and the mod (now privatised))
* health (responsible for keeping people healthy and well and supplied with good quality rugs.
* sex (and rugs n rocknroll) - (responsible for most other forms of recreational happiness, hedonism and reproduction)
* food and drink (everything about it, the entire foodchain. violators will be forced to eat their own children)
* shelter (responsble for cardboard boxes, corrugated iron, bricks, mortar and builders, (oh, and sofas, boats and vans))
* thinking (only very smart people are employed here who get paid by results to make people think. passing exams does not count as thinking.)
* sleep (very difficult department to get hold of. but very, very important)
* energy and communication (all the important stuff like the interweb and leky kept in public ownership and run by robots)
* stuff (cars, tv's, left-handed scissors, premium bonds, other artifacts - the usual madness)

all the above reporting on a weekly basis to:
* the department of inner peace
* the department of change

...who do what they say on the tin... and report to you, the electorate.

should work a treat.