web design help needed plz :D

forgotten

..::mUnTsvillE::..
Reaction score
hello

guys i need some help with creating a form in javascript... i would ask my teachers but they all seem to be on strike today (typical)... the problem is that i cant change the colour of the background or the font style/colour. do i do this with the css files or do i have to do it within the html page? i have tried both but niether has seemed to work.....

thank you
rob :Grin:

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
you should use a CSS page, or you can embed the CSS into the HTML page....

in the Head tag...

<style>
.textBoxFormat1 {color: #00000; background-color: #555555; font-size:10px; font-family:Tahoma;}
</style>

in the form tag...

<textarea class=textBoxFormat1 id=textBox1>somthing somthing
</textarea>

If you are making a CSS file (which you should b :Wink3: ) then just add...

.textBoxFormat1 {color: #00000; background-color: #555555; font-size:10px; font-family:Tahoma;}

to the file, and then change the class of each textarea to textBoxFormat1 (or whatever)

dont forget to link to the CSS file...

<LINK href="yourcssfile.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

in the head tag of the webpage

You can also use color words (eg white/black/green) but I use RGB, as you can change shades better :iyes:

It may seem easier to just add the CSS into each HTML file, but when you have a website with 100+ webpages, you'll find its much easier to be able to just change the CSS file and change the look of the entire website (images, borders, backgrounds, DIV's tables etc etc)....it doesnt just stop @ fonts and colors either, you can actually build the entire website with CSS, and then just add the content into the webpage, this way you can just mess around with the CSS file when ever you want to update the website with a new format....its more complex, but it saves time in the future :iyes: its also a good way of building themes for your website :ibiggrin:
hope that helps :Smile3:

forgotten

..::mUnTsvillE::..
Reaction score
nice one mate i thought it would b something like that i just didnt know the tag in the css..

thank you sooo much :Grin::Grin::Grin:

rob:P