What weapons ?

Urk Jan 13, 2005

1. Urk

Urk Total Member

Threads:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4169941.stm

The search is officially over, if they've got 'em, they can keep 'em, coz we just can't be arsed anymore...

So the Iraq Survey Group can bugger off home yeah ?
    No, now that the origonal case for war is now officially recognised as complete bollocks, the Iraq Survey Group have now got to shift the the *real* ( retrospectivly speaking ) reason for being there..... to deal with the insergency ( terrsts ).

So from one impossible task to the next, the admistration that loves to embariss it's self....

2. Monkey Do

Monkey Do #1 Internet Toughguy

Threads:
    I'm touching myself as I write this post.
    Just goes to show how fucking stoopid good ol' GW Bush is... I mean come on, surely he's had plenty of opportunity by now to label up a few spare American nukes with some arabic symbols and plant them somewhere for the survey group to find?

D'uh.

3. Urk

Urk Total Member

Threads:
    Stupid enough to win a second term..... which says more for the voters really.
    Heh, may be they did that, and now can't remember which sand dune to look under....

4. grokit23

grokit23 God mintsmak

Threads:
    Lovely isn't it? The much touted reason for going to war in the first place gets brushed aside, when it's plain to see there were no weapons in the first place. Wish the governments that started this could be brushed aside so easily.

Then the weapons hunters have to deal with insurgents, wtf? :?

They were weapons inspectors weren't they, not regular combat units?

5. Urk

Urk Total Member

Threads:
    Well, the real weapons inspectors, from the UN got kicked out ( by the US ) as they beleived that they could do a better job, what without all the hassles of being in any way independant...
    This was the time when I was sure *something* would *somehow* turn up, but no, as Monkey points out they missed that opportunity.

So I think the "Iraqi survey group" was drawn up by the american military from there people ( I think ).

Also I think the ISG will probably be in a more tactical / logistics role, rather than a " Kicking some dirty-rag-head butt " and " blowing stuff up " kinda role.

But as always, I welcome better informed input.....

6. Nanook

Nanook In the kitchen, studio or gym.

Threads:

dont believe the gossip mate.
    Ive got a mate whos been there on three tours. Trust me theyve got weapons. Theres very little arguing with someone whos been in a gas attack. Thing is scud only has a range of 1200miles <i think>, so its very limited in terms of inter-continental attacks. Still means they could bomb fuck out of quite a lot of the surrounding countries.
    And also lets think about this from the media perspective. What would you do if everyone hated you <blair>....admit you were wrong right?...<whether you were or not>.
    Propaganda has gone so far that anyone who hasnt been there has no weight of voice. i cant buy into this anti was shit considering the stories ive heard from friends that lived it first hand.

peace <and failing that...justice>
    N

7. TranceVisuals

TranceVisuals Banned

Threads:
    Nanook -

Was you mate actually gassed in this Iraq War? I didn't read any news reports
    about the use of chemical weapons by the Iraq army in any of media. The only
    occurence of gas attack I have come across is from the Americans bombing
    arm's depots and factories in the first Iraq War, and thus spreading an ensuing
    chemical cloud over a large portion of southern Iraq conflict zone, and a contributing
    factor to "gulf war syndrome"?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice