What would happen if the sea-level rose by 100m...

El_Jackal

Junior Members
Have a look at this link:

World:

Europe:

Europe Closeup:

North America:

Pretty scary stuff! :o

warm hunger

Junior Members
Damn. Looks like the best thing to do right now is either build a boat or head for the hills.

Or stick our heads in the sand and hope that someone else will sort this mess out.

ingeborg

the unleashed alternative
Says on a BBC news article that sea level rose by 19.5 m between 1870 and 2004, fastest near the end, so about 500 years to go (ish) till this - well scary :isad: best move to the mountains, :Smile3:

El_Jackal

Junior Members
ingeborg said:
Says on a BBC news article that sea level rose by 19.5 m between 1870 and 2004, fastest near the end, so about 500 years to go (ish) till this - well scary :isad: best move to the mountains, :Smile3:
I think you've mistakenly read the article... I've just done a search for this article and all that hits refer to a 19.5cm rise between 1870 and 2004...

An article came out last month that suggested that sea levels could rise by 25m within the next 100 years (as opposed to the 2-7m rise that many other groups had been talking about)...

AcidTrash

Banned
The more I look at these maps the more I'm convinced we really have got nothing to lose by global warming.

New York would become the new Venice!

Where did I put those old CFC spray cans? I'm off into the garden.

Gotta buy myself a Hummv.

Dragongurl

zooming blue
Looks like africa is the rock of the lot..........ahhhh home!!

V1m

"Says on a BBC news article that sea level rose by 19.5 m between 1870 and 2004, fastest near the end"

Got link? I really truly doubt that the global sea level has risen by the height of a 3-story building since 1870. I'd believe 19.5cm.

zeromonkey

Monkey
As humanity loses it's dignity and decays into evil, Noah's flood repeats....

We better start building our ship and collecting all the animals before they're all extinct.

Lyra

tranquila querida
Norway is the place to go me thinks... as i am a norwegian ill get straight in... but as Norway has a strict immigration control i am afraid the rest of you will just have to drown..... :P :Wink3:

well... to be honest as the warm water stream from the gulf coast might change direction, norway would be covered in ice anyways... so wouldnt be a place anyone would go :Wink3:

kunningtoerag

naut-psy-kik-humaon
Its All Very Sad But I Feel Sorry For The 2006 Kids Just Being Born. Sorry Kids But The Place We Brought You To Is A Large Toilet.