Whatever happened to.......

digifrog

Photography mad.
Reaction score
Heloo

I'm reporting these people MIA. If anyone has the slightest lead on what has happened to them, the information would be appreciated. Maybe they all retired and now are driving around in BMW;s

1 Astralasia's front man Swordfish, have you seen this man??
2 Eat Static's cohort Steve Everitt, last seen in 1998, where is he now??
3 The Children Of The Bong kids, are they safe??
4 Planet Dogs' Michael Dog, is he still scene??

Any info on them?? Please let I know.

I'm reporting these albums MIA. If anyone has the slightest lead on what has happened to them, the information would be appreciated. Maybe they all retired and now are driving around in BMW;s

1 The ambient project album by Hallucinogen/Eat Static, were they abducted??
2 Ott's 2nd album. Hauled in a barm somewhere in Somerset??

One other thing, I know that these guys went to uni together (Simon Posford & Toby Marks). It would seem fitting that a collaboration should have happened by now. Maybe Toby (Banco De Gaia) has not got the same ideas, but credit due to this guy who started me off this earthly road. But is it a bad idea? Ott, or other knowledged folk, do you know the score??

Rspect to those old guys that gave me electronica.... Magick Eye, Planet Dog, Beyond, (1991 - 1995)

Froggy

TranceVisuals

Banned
Reaction score
*edited*

D

dave arc-i

mark (swordfish) is playing in bristol sometime soon as astralasia

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
"Eat Static's cohort Steve Everitt..." Co wrote the Hi Fi Companions Swingers In Paradise Backroom Beats album, and will appear on the New (Work In Progress) Eat Static Studio Album, so I'm told!! He also appeared on some tracks on the "In The Nude" Album

"Children Of The Bong" Now that I would like to know!!??

"Planet Dog" will possibly release all of Eat Static's Compilation Tracks on one disk!!

"The ambient project album by Hallucinogen/Eat Static" Isn't really ambient its more out there, the first "Metal Sharon" track Balloon Dance was released on Unusual Suspects 2 Twisted, The word on the Static Forum, is the project will be finished very soon, although that has been said before!!

"Ott's 2nd album" spose we are all waiting for that!

HallucinoGaia sounds like a good collaboration! :Wink3:

CosmoNaughty

KANYINI
Reaction score
Children of the bong were last heard of when they contributed a couple of tracks to
Mashed mellow grooves 1 on transient records, they weren't very good tracks.

Jason Frog

Reaction score
children of the bong were great, much squiggleness from daniel goganian and rob henry. unfortunately due to musical differences they split as a band about year after their debut album 'sirius sounds'.

rob met up with a guy called nick trim and formed a new outfit called 'euphonic' ( http://www.euphonicproductions.co.uk/ ). euphonic did a remix of an astralasia track 'seven pointed star' which was released on matsuri comp. 'sympathy in chaos vol.3'

daniel kept the name 'children of the bong' and released a couple of tracks on the transient compilation 'mashed mellow grooves 1' in 1999, but like cosmo said.. the tracks weren't that hot.

digifrog

Photography mad.
Reaction score
geoffwiffen said:
"Eat Static's cohort Steve Everitt..." Co wrote the Hi Fi Companions Swingers In Paradise Backroom Beats album, and will appear on the New (Work In Progress) Eat Static Studio Album, so I'm told!! He also appeared on some tracks on the "In The Nude" Album

"Children Of The Bong" Now that I would like to know!!??

"Planet Dog" will possibly release all of Eat Static's Compilation Tracks on one disk!!

"The ambient project album by Hallucinogen/Eat Static" Isn't really ambient its more out there, the first "Metal Sharon" track Balloon Dance was released on Unusual Suspects 2 Twisted, The word on the Static Forum, is the project will be finished very soon, although that has been said before!!

"Ott's 2nd album" spose we are all waiting for that!

Nice info. Thanks. I thought Planet Dog desisted about 6 years ago? Yes, the Metal Sharon track is psytrance, it's just been stated on the Twisted site for about 2 years now hehe.....and is stated as being a downbeat album.
Steve Everitt did the beautiful Alien Progeny track 'Sadhana' on Feed Your Head 2 (1994), and is still to this day one of my favourite tunes. :Smile3:

digifrog

Photography mad.
Reaction score
geoffwiffen said:

Ah, na mine is Gaiagen & is copyrighted :Smile3: to me :Smile3:
Tho if anyone wants to use it as a track name, be my guest :Smile3:

digifrog

Photography mad.
Reaction score
Jason Frog said:
children of the bong were great, much squiggleness from daniel goganian and rob henry. unfortunately due to musical differences they split as a band about year after their debut album 'sirius sounds'.

rob met up with a guy called nick trim and formed a new outfit called 'euphonic' ( http://www.euphonicproductions.co.uk/ ). euphonic did a remix of an astralasia track 'seven pointed star' which was released on matsuri comp. 'sympathy in chaos vol.3'

daniel kept the name 'children of the bong' and released a couple of tracks on the transient compilation 'mashed mellow grooves 1' in 1999, but like cosmo said.. the tracks weren't that hot.

Jay I'll check the Euphonic. Thanks. I thought Sympathy In Chaos 3 wasn't that great but 1 & 2 are. CosmoNaughty yes I think I know the tracks you mean, and I think I remember coming to the same conclusion . Tho, the one non album track 'Ultrascope' is pretty cool So tey were a '1 hit wonder' damn! :Smile3: