Whats the best visuals youve ever seen / would like to see at a trance party?

ZINI

Reaction score
they weren’t at a trance party. on a massive trip years ago i seen frogs swimming in a pattern I can only describe as oil on water. all the frogs were joined by the legs. great stuff. i’d love to watch a IMAX type display. flying over mountain ranges or summat like that.

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
For really thought provoking images you cant go much wrong with the inside-us-all guys.....and for those really psychedelic tripped out visual moments you need look no further than Yodhe up at Sunrise in Manchester

mr_faster

ecomingonecomingonstrong
Reaction score
i dont like some of the subject matter that the inside us all guys put up

have ''thought wtf is that doing on a screen when im tripping'' on more than one occasion!

i like proper reactive visuals, not video type stuff, more reacting live to the musicc that is going though it with the use of oscilloscopes etc....good use and knowledge of this type of visual programming can warp your brain!!!

i like the idea of flying over landscapes etc, have been fiddling with bryce and terragen and have made some flipping cool landscapes that you can flyover and export to a video file!

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
Francis (Circuit VIII) does really cool, fully psychedelicly charged visuals, really cool stuff, plays around london last i spoke to him. but yeah the best visuals (though they took a wrong turn) were on my final acid trip, the trip of all trips, imagine looking at playing cards and having the jimi hendrix of diamonds and the shiva of spades... you get the picture...
anyone here watch mixmasters on itv latenite? wicked visuals there!

worskat

StellarCat
Reaction score
I like Nano's visuals alot cos they're (usually) not just stuff that go bonk with the tjunes but also seem to carry deep underlying philosophical / spiritual messages... like a fractal and the microcosm versus macrocosm idea (of them being the same thing)

eskatonia

pixel wallah
Reaction score
I've only seen Billy Tantric once but I thought his stuff was great.

Stoltz Kolgen does nice glitch work, more experimental ambient...

Inside us alls messages are fairly subtle, seriously shouldn't we try and stay a little conscious at parties? isn't that supposed to be one of the differences between the psy scene and the conventional club/rave scene? Mindless escapism is not what our scene is about....

JohnM

blah blah blah
Reaction score
Jason Nuroptics used to do great visuals around London parties a few years ago - not sure if he's still doing it.

Slim from York has these amazing spheres that he projected eyeballs etc on to - he still does Cabbage in Leeds - but the West Indian Centre has a bit too low a ceiling to have the full effect that his visuals can have in a big hall - nice to see soemthing different though.

Monkey Do

#1 Internet Toughguy
Reaction score
I'm touching myself as I write this post.
eskatonia said:
seriously shouldn't we try and stay a little conscious at parties? isn't that supposed to be one of the differences between the psy scene and the conventional club/rave scene? Mindless escapism is not what our scene is about....

Oooooh, careful...you never know what sort of reaction a comment like that will cause

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
Monkey Do said:
Oooooh, careful...you never know what sort of reaction a comment like that will cause
:offtopic:
a peaceful conversation about visuals, not another platform for forum in-jokes

Monkey Do

#1 Internet Toughguy
Reaction score
I'm touching myself as I write this post.
Sawwwwy

Um back on topic, I've seen lots of samey visuals in my time. The problem as I see it is a couple of flat screens hung either side of the stage aren't really interesting enough for psytrance and seem a bit pointless. I wanna see them bust out of the screen somehow but rarely do.

duracell_pixie

More trouble than i look
Reaction score
Hexstatic do some pretty amazing visuals from what i hear, missed them at Glade but have heard great things from everyone i know who saw them.They all said they were totally blown away.

worskat

StellarCat
Reaction score
I know a guy from a band called reunion whos about to do a tour called planet lion. They told me they have the technology to make something come out of the screen... as in hologram... ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh must seee at trance partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
the inside-us-all guys definitely make their actual projection screen set ups different to the standard run of the mill set ups...............did anyone go to last Novembers Synergy that Project Ozma did the trance room at. Dave Inside-us-alls' cylindrical screen where the images moved all around it was the first of its kind anywhere.......dont think I'll ever see anything as inventive ever again. I agree that sometimes their content can be a bit different from the norm and maybe a bit too thought provoking while on hallucinogenics....but horses for courses an all that. Thats why I gave to very differing styles of visual artist in my original post......2 different takes on an art form done extremely well in their own rights

RedZebra

Reaction score
worskat said:
I know a guy from a band called reunion whos about to do a tour called planet lion. They told me they have the technology to make something come out of the screen... as in hologram... ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh must seee at trance partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

found this about the band
http://www.reuniontheband.com/Tour%20Dates.html

hmm.. looks pretty cool.

This is the link to the artist homepage.
Ah! I read about this proposal to re-create those giant buddha statues in Afghanistan that were destroyed by the Taliban. From the first pic (Afghanistan 2007) I guess this is the artist who is doing it! Wow!! Kewl...

Hmmm.. I happen to know a laser scientist. He's always going on about how the lasers in clubs are so boring and they could do so much more (with a little time and money, of course).

How about Glade gets this Hire Yamagata to perform next year?! :eek:

RedZebra

Reaction score
Voov 2010 :

SSP1_13_lg.jpg
lab

TranceVisuals

Banned
Reaction score
if i ever got properly paid i can guarantee the best psychedelic visuals you can
get at present..... simple as.... but getting people to take me seriously.......
ah well.