what's your favourite psy genre? or genres :)

moni

mo moni mo problems
Reaction score
well, the thing is .. i'm new here. so i am curious.
my taste in music is pretty wide.
i can enjoy goatrance, melodic psytrance, full-on, finish psy, minimal, prog trance, tech-trance, dark psy, tech-house, elektro, dub, chillout, ambient, or combinations between these. i like anything that's good and that makes sense to my brain.

however, i would like to think that my favourite style is melodic psychedelic trance, cause i can never get sick of it ... there's too much variety in this one to get bored, unlike other styles that come, leave, come, leave in and from my cd player and winamp.

i just don't like progressive house, breakbit, and the brain-damaging full on (we all know that there is good full on and bad full on out there). also, i'm not into beatless ambient either.

can you define your favourite psy genre?

PROSECT

Renegade
Reaction score
I don't like catecorizing. I love Psychedelic Trance music - mainly progressive, melodical and for the morning hours.

And at home I'm listening to 80% non PsyTrance music.

ND

heva

mischief-maker.....
Reaction score
welcome moniluff :wub:

CariFairy

Now Less Confused
Reaction score
I like it when it is actually really psychedelic - twisty, crazy, fun and off the wall.

I also love a bit of the ol' funky chilled morning trance - although nobody actually seems to play it whenever i go to outdoor parties :Sad: Its doof doof doof hardcore all the way till shut-down. I like to to a bit of lazy effortless sway-movey-dance-lolling, its relaxing and completely brilliant.

:Smile3:

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Reaction score
ichabod said:
shouldn't this be under the 'Music Discussion' section?
Maybe it should, but then may be some people could do with discussing the musical aspect of the scene for one :ibiggrin: Anyway, it's now moved

moni

mo moni mo problems
Reaction score
ichabod said:
shouldn't this be under the 'Music Discussion' section?
i don't know, i'm new here. i didn't get a training period when i signed my contract.
now, if this is psy-forum.co.uk, and this is the general section .. is it wrong to find topics about music here? cause then it should be off topic instead of general?
wheow i'm confused

*goes to study the forum*

Last edited by a moderator:

CariFairy

Now Less Confused
Reaction score
moni said:
i don't know, i'm new here. i didn't get a training period when i signed my contract.
I know you are new - i was trying to restrain myself from saying that when i posted a minute ago :Smile3: and i think that threads like this should be okay in general discussion myself.

I always think music discussion is more apt for the DJ side of things - like where do i get this, how do i do this etc etc.

I don't think it should have been moved - its nice to have some wide open genre threads in GD.

Help help i'm being oppressed!

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah but no, but yeah but no General Digression is for all subjects that don't fit the other categories

ichabod

Reaction score
sorry didn't mean to be bossy :Wink3: Didn't realise you were new!

As for the topic... I'm into my progressive psy, prog house and minimal plus a fair bit of other psytrance.. usually prefer the funkier stuff like Mumbo Jumbo, Ecliptic, Shakta and so on.

moni

mo moni mo problems
Reaction score
CariFairy said:
I know you are new - i was trying to restrain myself from saying that when i posted a minute ago :Smile3: and i think that threads like this should be okay in general discussion myself.

I always think music discussion is more apt for the DJ side of things - like where do i get this, how do i do this etc etc.

I don't think it should have been moved - its nice to have some wide open genre threads in GD.

Help help i'm being oppressed!
i just thought that General means "general discussions involving 'psy'"
too late. it's been moved. kind of disappointing for me, it's my first thread here, and it's not "approved".
oh well, i guess i'll get over it. :P

grokit23

God mintsmak
Reaction score
My favourite psy genre? That'd be the good stuff, it comes in all the different flavours, but you've got to look hard for it. :Wink3:

CariFairy

Now Less Confused
Reaction score
moni said:
it's my first thread here, and it's not "approved".
oh well, i guess i'll get over it. :P
:icry: move it back! move it back!

I approve i approve.

:ibiggrin:

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
I like my music melodic, bouncy n weird, but I also love euphorik trance, really liking the newer hard-trance/psy-trance crossovers around at the moment (eg.Lamat).....also love Drum n bass, tekno, a lil bit of hard house (admitdly most is crap lol) and break beat :dancey:

dont really like full-on Psy, like dark-psy, but as long as its not screechy and trying to make my ears bleed :irazz:

psyfi

Pie Fly
Reaction score
To honest I like anything good. The genre I want to listen to changes as often as my mood. I can find nothing of valeu in a track one day and then the next find it to be highly involving music. I've never been much for the "No I don't listen to that music" school of thourght. Who knows what you might miss.